Unwanted News = Broken Hearts

Watching You Slip Away From Me

^Eun Jung

The bell rang and all the students dashed out of the classroom. I packed my things and headed home. As I was walking ,I saw Myungsoo and Yoona kissing. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt to see them kissing. 

'Be strong EunJung! He's happy, his happiness should be your happiness too'  My innerself spoke to me.

I quickly continued walking before they would see me. I saw SeoHyun walking ahead of me, so I ran to catch up with her. Hopefully she'll answer my question about what she said earlier.

"Seohyun! Yah Seohyun! Wait!!" I yelled trying to catch her attention.

Let's just say our dear Seohyun-ah is really deaf, she didn't hear me. I came up behind her and softly shoved her.

"Yah~! You're so deaf Seohyunnie." I yelled at her.

"Oh it's just you EunJung. Sorry, I was just thinking about something."

"It must be pretty important for you to be thinking so hard about it" I said kind of suspicious. "Do you have a boyfriend that you're not telling me about?" you interrogated her.

'EunJung-ah I wish it was something like that. I don't want to hurt your feelings' Seohyun thought sadly.

"Ani, it's nothing." You could tell Seohyun was hiding something from you.

"Seohyun what did you say earlier? Something about if I had heard the news" I told her, hoping she would tell me.

"Oh that..." She paused, hesitant. "I can't tell you yet, but I promise i'll tell you soon. I'm sorry, I have to get home, my umma is waiting for me"

"Oh okay.. Annyeong" *sigh*Well, at least she'll tell me soon.

I got home and saw my mother was home early. I greeted her and went to my room. Today has been such a confusing day. When I was close to finishing my homework, my umma called me to eat dinner. Appa was home and we all ate in peaceful silence until my mom started a conversation with me.

"How was your day Eunjung?" 

"It was okay I guess. Just like every other day. Although Seohyun was acting odd today.." I told her. I needed to talk to someone about this and my mother meant a lot to me. She was like a best friend to me.

"Really? Well i'm sure it's nothing. Maybe she's just tired and stressed out from school." 

"Maybe so mom, but I don't know.."

"Aigoo don't overthink it and just finish eating so you can go and get some rest for school tomorrow."

With that, the table became quiet again and we finished eating in silence. I went upstairs and brushed my teeth. I laid in bed and ended up dozing off quickly. I had a feeling that tomorrow wouldn't be a good day.  

The next morning I woke up a bit late so I had to rush to do everything. It was such a hectic morning. When I got to school, I heard people talking about something. I went up to the girls in my class who were once again talking about Myungsoo. 

"Uhh annyeonghaseyo. I'm sorry for getting into your conversation, but what did you say about Myungsoo?" I cautiously asked, hoping I didn't seem like I liked him.

"Oh Myungsoo is getting married to Yoona in a week. They got engaged 1 month ago.They're inviting all of the senior,junior, and some of the sophomore classes. Luckily, Yoona invited our class since she has quite some friends in our class." a girl I believe is named Sooyeon said. 

"Ah, I see. Gomawoyo." I bowed and walked away. 

I ran to the girls' bathroom and cried inside one of the stalls. 'Pabo,Pabo. Why are you crying ? You knew you'd never be with him.'  I just sat in the stall crying until the first bell rang. The rest of the day was a blur. I saw Myungsoo and Yoona walking infront of me. I wanted to cry again. I tried to speed-walked ahead of them, but Yoona stopped me.

"Hi, what's your name?" She said with sincere eyes. She was so beautiful, how could Myungsoo not fall for her.

"Annyeonghaseyo Eun Jung-Imnida" I gave a 90 degree bow. 

"Ah, Annyeonghaseyo Eun Jung. I see you go to our school. I'd just like to invite you to Myungsoo & I's wedding. You're in class 2A with Chae Rin right?"

"Deh" I softly said.

"Well I don't know if you've been informed but your class was invited."

"Yes, I've been informed. Thank you for inviting me, but I don't know if I can go..." You really don't want to go. It'll be painful to see him getting married to her. 

"Well, I hope I see you there. Annyeong." When they left, I broke down crying. As much as it hurts me, i'll go because I want to congratulate him and finally let him go.

I called up Seohyun and told her about the wedding. She felt sorry for me and I realized that's what she was hiding from me. There was no point getting mad at her, I knew all she wanted to do was protect me. When I told her I was going to the wedding, she didn't like the idea. In the end, she told me she'll go with me. I was happy because I knew I'd need her there, it was going to be tough.