If You And Me

If You And Me [One-shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"_______-ah~!" Kris-oppa cooed as he ruffled my hair. I slapped his hand away and fixed my hair. "________, _________," he continued.

"What is it, oppa?" I asked and smiled at him. His face became serious and oh, no. I'm not liking this one bit. Is he gonna say that he is...?

"I'm debuting _______-ah!" he said excitedly. My face fell together with my heart. "I'm no longer a trainee! I'm going to debut as Exo-M and yeah... I can finally pursue my dream. Aren't you happy for me?" he asked and pouted. I cleared my throat and faked a smile.

"Of course I am, oppa! Congratulations," I said and patted him on the back. "When's the debut?"

"Next week so I have to leave school now and practice and all those stuff. You'll be there on my debut, right?" he said while smiling. No. This. Can't. Be. Happening.

"Y...yeah. Of course I will, oppa. I'll be your number one fan," I said and giggled. He chuckled and ruffled my hair again. Aish...

"Good because oppa will be sad if his best friend doesn't come to support him on his debut stage," Kris-oppa said with a hint of aegyo in his voice. Yes, best friend. That's all I'm ever gonna be in your heart huh, Kris? I'm sure he will forget about me once he debuts. He will meet tons of girls and go out with them and and... I suddenly snapped out of my reverie when he waved his hand in front of me. "Gwenchana? (Are you okay?)" he asked.

"Ah...um... yeah," I said and looked away. "You better get going oppa. I'll see you next week," I added and walked away. Each step felt like the end of the world is coming. It's like every step I take, a thousand needles pierce my heart. Yes, it's that painful.

 

Best friend.

Best friend.

 

Can't I be more than that, Kris? Don't you feel the same way as I do? I've been hopelessly in love with you for a year now and you don't even know. And now you're leaving me alone to pursue your dream. What happened to the 'I'll-always-be-with-you' promise huh, Kris? Who am I going to run to now that you're no longer going to be by my side. I want to tell you what I feel but I'm so scared. I'm scared of rejection. I didn't want to risk our friendship, Kris. That's why I tried my best to forget you and just think of you as my best friend but it's so hard to do so. Every time I tried to forget you in the past, the more I fall for you. Why are you so cruel?

I finally arrived home and lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. Kris's image appears in my mind. Aish! Can't you just leave me alone for a second? Why are you always in my mind? Kris why are you doing this to me? I hate that I love you! I buried my face in my pillow and cried my heart out. Why can't you notice my love for you? Kris...

Debut day.

I went to Music Bank studio as I promised. The past week seemed like a whole year not seeing Kris even for just a minute. It was very painful and now I'm going to see him again. How do I react? What do I say? What do I do? Aish, see now I'm being a paranoid and it's all because of Kris! He's all I think about. He's going to be a big star from now on and that means I will see him less. Less. Less. Less.

"Good evening everyone! I'm your emcee for tonight and the first performance will be from a new group. Let us all welcome Exo!" the emcee's voice boomed all throughout the room. No kidding.

"♫Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous♫" the so-called Exo started to sing the intro. I scanned their faces and my eyes landed on one particular guy. Wu Yifan. I was so mesmerized that I didn't notice it was already his rapping part and he was looking at me.

"♫...Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama turn back♫" he rapped and winked at me. OH. MY. GOSH. Soon, their performance ended and there was a loud cheer from the audience. Geez, these guys are just new and yet they already captured the hearts of the people watching.

 

A little later after the show, I met up with Kris at the backstage. I hugged him from behind which startled him. He turned around and saw me. His face immediately lit up and he hugged me. Sometimes I wonder if he felt the same way...

"Congrats oppa. You finally debuted," I said as I hugged him.

"Yeah thanks ________-ah," he softly whispered. He pulled away and smirked at me before saying, "I caught you looking at me the entire time. Was I that good?"

"Yah you big-headed jerk!" I and playfully hit him on the arm. "You were the only one I knew so I only looked at you," I lied. He scoffed and ruffled my hair. How I missed him doing that.

"Tch. If I know you were really mesmerized," he said and winked. Aish... stop that. "And I know I'm good-looking too. Who could resist me? Even you, my best friend, wouldn't be able to resist my looks huh? Haha!" he added.

"Whatever," I snapped and walked away.

"Yah, what did I do?" I heard him shout behind me but I ignored him. I know I'm his best friend; he doesn't have to rub it on my face even more! I know that's all we're gonna be so no need to... ugh! Great, why did I just walk away? What would he think? That I'm very affected of what he said? Stupid, stupid, stupid. I don't even know what I'm saying... I'm crazy~!

 

Days passed by and I didn't receive any calls from Kris. At all. It's not like I was expecting one anyway. It's just that... he always called me before. I guess he's really busy now that they've debuted and his schedule is packed so he's forgotten to call me. But duh, in those fifteen days he couldn't find time to call me!? Just to even say a quick hello and goodbye? Aish! I stood up and went to the living room and the TV. Oh, great there is the devil, smiling at the camera as if his best friend doesn't exist.

"Nimen hao, wo jiao Wu Yifan (Hello everyone, my name is Wu Yifan)," he said and bowed. I sighed. He's so handsome...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter