T h e B r o k e n Part 1

│ T H E │ B R O K E N │

No....

Everything around me were frozen, I could almost smell the faint scent of wind blowing the windy breeze of fall everywhere. My eyes could only see you across the road. I hungrily devour the sight of you. You are taller now, it’s been two year since that day. The sight of your shoulder fitting perfectly into your blazer coat. Your lips curved in a smile that I want to run over to see it in front of me. Your hair longer than you used to keep.

I reach for my chest. My heart thumping rapidly, pressing again the wound inside. It’s hurting really bad and I want to cry but sadly, I have no tear left to cry ­over. I have no energy in my body.

I have nothing left.

I am nothing.

Nothing.

No memory could mend the scars. It’s a stain forever on me and I am simply couldn’t be mend. A heart that is broken to pieces, apparently I couldn’t retrieve some missing pieces.

I am….broken.

My eyes darted away from the sight of you. I need to keep smiling. I need to keep up. Just a minute more. Just a second more. I have to keep up from crumbling down. This broken piece that I have tape with every second that have pass since that day. No matter what.

I persevere...

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Baekhyun cursed as the car broke down. No . He had a meeting in an hour. He parked the car and run out the car. He lifted the car hood and grimaced as smoke coming out.

Damnn.. He should catch a taxi.

 Baekhyun ruffle his hair and catch a taxi station across the building, quickly he called a tow service and fish out the A3 portfolio and his briefcase from the passenger seat.

He is going to be late. As soon as the car tow his car away. He rushed to the taxi station across the road as ­­­­­he curse mentally when his P.A is not answering his call. He stood across the taxi station at the crossroad waiting for the green light.

“Where the damn hell is Suho?” Baekhyun sighed and start crossing the road with the other pedestrian.

He took a breath trying to calm his head. He should have at least have a coffee earlier.

The fall scent and a faint perfume mixed with an unforgettable distinct scent quickly greet his smell sense. His eyes widen open as his hand drop the file he was carrying.

He watch the sight in front him. Nothing. Only random pedestrians looking at him strangely.

Baekhyun gasp as he saw her thin face greeted her sight. Eyes that used to greet him excitedly in childish infatuation now a shocked gentle pair of eyes.

He couldn’t breathe.  he feel helpless as he stare at the ground. He knew well when the light finally turn green. She will be gone.

It’s been two years. Two years since she was missing. She would definitely staying away from everyone. It’s all his fault and he couldn’t forgive himself. Not that he ever try to forgive himself. Everything was useless.

Everything is over.

How could he ever forgive himself for hurting her the most when he is the one who supposed to protect her.