Dinner with Sarang

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Can’t you stay any longer, noona?” Leo pouted. Jaekyung crouched down and patted his head. “Sorry, Leo but maybe next time.”

“You’ll come back, right?” Alyena asked. Jaekyung turned to her and nodded. “Of course I will and I’ll bring toys next time too.” “Yay!” All the little ones cheered.

Jaekyung giggle and straightened up. “I’ll come back, so until then, be good and listen to ahjumma and ahjusshi, okay?” “Okay!” They chorused.

Rome grabbed Jaekyung’s hand and laced their fingers together. “Hyung, you’ll come back with noona too, right?” Mason asked. Rome looked over at Jaekyung then back at Mason. “Of course I am.” The five year old cheered and hi-fived Leo, who beamed.

“Alright, we have to go now. Bye kids.” Jaekyung waved. “Bye noona/unnie. Bye hyung/oppa.” The kids chorused. Rome smile and waved.

“We’ll be going now, ahjumma.” Jaekyung bowed. Mrs. Oh nodded and waved. “Come back soon. Drive safely.” Rome bowed.

The two of them got in the car and drove off.

Jaekyung sighed and leaned against the chair. Rome glanced at her then back at the road. “What’s wrong?” He asked. Jaekyung shook her head. “Nothing, I’m just happy to have spent the day with them. I’ve really missed them.”

Rome chuckled and grabbed her hand. He laced their fingers together and kissed the back of her hand. “Yah, that’s dangerous.” Jaekyung scolded. “Sorry, I couldn’t resist.” Rome apologized. Jaekyung smiled, shaking her head.

“You seem pretty good with the kids today, Barom.” Jaekyung recalled. Rome shrugged. “Eh, I wasn’t that good, but they did seem to like me.” “I think you made some new dongsaengs. The boys seemed to like you a lot; the girls too.”

“Are you jealous?” Rome asked, teasingly. “Me? Jealous? No, why would I be jealous?” Jaekyung scoffed. Rome chuckled and nodded, “Right, you’re not jealous.” “I’m not.” “Oh? And why’s that?”

Jaekyung turned to Rome and beamed, “Because I know that you…are all mines.” Rome glanced over at Jaekyung with a wide grin, “So you admit that I’m yours?” Jaekyung sat back in her seat and shrugged. “Hey, you just said that I’m all yours.” Rome whined. Jaekyung giggled, “Because you are.”

“You could have just admitted to it instead of having me whine.” Rome muttered. “But it’s fun when you whine because you’re always so serious.” Jaekyung laughed. “I’m not always serious.” “Yes you are. Do you not see your face? Gosh, it’s like I always want to say ‘why so serious’ to you.”

Rome rolled his eyes. “You’re such a child, Jaekyung.” “I know and if you don’t like it, well then I guess you’ll just have to deal with it.” Jaekyung stuck out her tongue. Rome chuckled and gave her hand a squeeze. “Babe, what is there about you that I don’t like?” “I don’t know, you tell me.” Jaekyung shrugged.

“I love everything about you, babe. There’s nothing about you that I don’t like.” Rome smiled. Jaekyung softened at his sweet words. “Gosh, you’re such a sweet talker.” “Why? Is it working?” He joked. “Yah.” Jaekyung slapped his arm.

“Hey, hey, hey, I’m driving here. I don’t think you want to die before we get married.” Rome stated. “M-married?” Jaekyung repeated. Rome glanced at her and brought their laced hands to his chest. “Yes married. We’re going to get married and have our family of our own. Don’t you want that?”

Jaekyung smiled softened and squeezed his hand. “Of course I do. I’m getting old and it would be nice to have a family of my own.” “Old.” Rome snorted. “Hey, you’re getting old too, mister.” Jaekyung reminded. “I know, that’s why we need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter