I Meet Him

1 Year

"I don't get why you want me to meet him," I said as my father asked me again and again to meet his friend's son. What was his name again? Ah, Yunho. Jung Yunho. I sat on the sofa and sighed heavily, followed by my mom whom I knew would try to convince me to do so.

"Just meet him," my mom said. "He doesn't have many friends since he had lived in New York since 9 years old."

I sighed. Since he was 9 years old? Since my dad said he was 27, so he had lived there for 18 years already. I wondered if he still could speak in Korean language. I took a photo of the man named as Yunho who smiled happily in it. What made you so special, Yunho?

"So, will you come?" My father asked.

"Okay, okay," I said and my parents gave me their winning smile.

If you're not interesting, I'll punch you right on your face, Jung Yunho.

---

"Yunho ah, I wanna introduce you to someone," said the man who walked towards Yunho. Yunho looked at him with a confused look. "Not a girl, I know you'll ignore it," continued the man, making Yunho chuckled. "He is my friend's son. About 3 years younger than you. I think he could be your friend, right?"

Yunho smiled and nodded. "It must be great," he said then smiled again.

"We'll have lunch together," said the man. "It's 11 p.m. already, get ready now"

"Yes dad," Yunho said and walked away to his room.

The man looked at Yunho's back and smiled.

Maybe... Just maybe... This will work.

---

So here I was, in the restaurant in the middle of the town. It was big and fancy and I knew my dad's friend wasn't just a normal man. He must be really rich or having big business or something else.

I followed my father and he asked one of the waiter where Mr. Jung was. My father must be searching for Yunho's dad. The waiter smiled at him and asked us to follow her. We walked to the lift and she presses the button. The lift's door opened and we got inside. The lift took us to the 5th floor and as the lift's door opened, we got out from the lift. She brought us to a table where a 50 something man and 20 something man sat.

"Mr. Jung," she called as we arrived right in front of the table.

"Ah, they're arrived already"

She left and suddenly my father and the man called as Mr. Jung hugged each other and talked like it was a reunion. I turned my head to the young man I assumed as Yunho. He stood up from his seat and waited for his father to finish his 'reunion'.

"This is my son, Jung Yunho"

"Good afternoon, sir," Yunho said and bowed at my dad. He smiled at us.

"What a good kid," my dad said. "This is my son, Shim Changmin"

"Hello, I'm Shim Changmin," I said and bowed to them. I looked at Yunho and he gave me a smile. An indescribable smile.

Mr. Jung asked us to all sit down and he started talking with my father. It was kinda awkward because Yunho didn't say anything and just looked at the white clouds. Was he always like that?

"I'm sorry to make you get involved into this," Yunho suddenly said. "I can see how annoyed you are actually," he continued and laughed.

"It's okay," I said. "I'm happy that you're actually a nice person"

"So do you think I'm a bad one?" He asked and laughed. He laughed a lot, looked incredibly happy. "You're funny, Changmin"

I laughed a bit. Those cat-like eyes looked so cute. The first time I saw him, if my father hadn't told me that he was older than me, I would think that he was younger than me. Seriously.

"So, you lived in New York for 18 years, hm?" I asked him. He nodded and smiled at me. "Why suddenly did you decide to move back to Korea?" I asked. "Isn't New York cool?"

He acted like he was thinking hard to answer my question. Were people sure that he was older than me? Seriously?

Suddenly he smiled to me and said, "I'll tell you later. Remind me when we get closer, okay?"

What kind of answer was that? Whatever. I wasn't that curious after all.

The waiter came with the menu books and we ordered our food. My father said jokingly to me not to order too much. Yunho and his father laughed and said that Yunho was a big eater too. And he was a big eater. His order was just as big as mine. Wow. I rarely met someone who was a big eater like me.

The waiter went away, bringing the menu books back. Our father continued their talks while Yunho, like what he did at the very first time after we sat down, lost himself to the sky.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked softly, looking at him. He nodded and turned his face to me. He smiled at me, giving me a kind of smile that was really stunning. Beyond beautiful. More than gorgeous. I didn't know that a man could have that kind of smile too.

I thought I lost my words.

"And, are you okay, Changmin-ssi?" He asked me, the smile was still plastered on his face. His face was small but he really looked gorgeous. What had gotten on me? Why couldn't I take away my eyes off of him? I nodded slowly and his smile grew a bit wider. "Are you free after this?" He asked me.

I tried to remember what date was today. 17th of January. Ah, I didn't have any spare time. I shook my head and said, "I have to meet the doctor"

He looked at me with curious look and asked, "Are you sick or something?"

"Only feeling not really well," I said. "I think I only caught flu, but my mom nags too many times and asked me to meet the doctor yesterday," I continued.

He nodded a few times and looked like he was planning something. "How about this Saturday?" He asked me. "You can tell me good places and we can go there together," he continued.

I thought I got nothing to do so I just nodded and right after that, a waiter came to our tables and placed our orders. We started eating our own lunch. He was really a big eater. And the way he ate, he looked like he hadn't eaten anything since 2 days ago.

"What? Is there something on my face?" He suddenly asked. I was surprised and shook my head quickly. He laughed a bit and asked, "Or do you wanna taste my food? They're delicious," he asked.

I hadn't answered and he already spooned his food for me. Didn't want to make things more awkward, I ate the food from his food. He looked at me, like he was asking how it was. I showed my thumb up and he chuckled.

He's interesting and I don't have to punch him in his face. That's a good thing.

---

"Changmin ah, get here faster!"

I walked lazily to the examining room. I was in the hospital with my mom. I hated hospital. I hated the beeping sound from machines. I hated the too-silent-situation of the place. I really disliked it. I hated it.

I excused myself from my mom as I felt like I need to use the toilet. I was running a bit and wasn't really concentrated when suddenly I bumped to someone. I didn't really look at the man whom I bumped to, but I heard a small 'sorry' from him and it sounded so familiar. But as I wanted to see who it was, he had already gone. I was too late.

After I used the toilet, I quickly washed my hands and went to the examining room. I saw the man that I bumped in the toilet, he went to another examining room with a woman I assumed to be his mom. Why did he look familiar to me? I was in the middle of my thoughts when suddenly my mom snapped them all and we got into the examining room.

---

"So, what's the result?"

"I'm sorry," said the doctor. "But he won't last long. If he could last for a year, it was a miracle, I could tell you"

A tear rolled down to the woman's cheek. While the young man could only smile... Bitterly.

"I'm sorry, mistress," said the doctor. "But we'll try the best to save your son"

---

[N/A] : this is the first chap! hope you'll enjoy this! ♥