Final

Time Machine

 The morning sun had rised, and Lucy did her normal schedule everyday, brush her teeth, wash her face, comb her hair, change her pajamas into her school uniform and wear the nerdy glasses. Lucy doesn't care about her appearance, the only thing she about is Eli, her best friend, and her grades in school. Although her grades are always straight A's, she still not happy with it. After she's done with her rountine, she went to Eli's house that's next to her apartment and wake him up. Eli has always been a heavy sleeper. One time Lucy have to pour a bucket of ice water on him to wake him up or else they're going to be late for school. This year, they're in middle school, and it's their first year in middle school. Lucy doesn't like going to new schools, she never knew what people would do to her. She opened Eli's computer and turn the speaker to 100. Then she put on a very loud music that she knew it would wake Eli up. ''M-my god, I-I'm getting goosebumps, I need to go to the bathroom!!'' He jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. ''Eli hurry!! We only got like fifteen minutes left or else we're be late!!'' Lucy yell in front of the bathroom door. ''Okay! I got it!'' Eli repiled.

Eli came out of the bathroom after ten minutes and he almost fall downstair with his backpack. ''Be careful!'' Lucy warn him. ''We gotta go! Or else we're late!'' He grabbed Lucy's hand and ran out the door. They arrive in school before the bell could ring. ''Hey Eli, what classes do you have?'' She asked Eli. '' I have Sanchez for homeroom, Eusebio first period, Kim in second, Lee in fourth, Daniel for fifth period, again Sanchez in sixth period.'' Eli and Lucy comparing their schedules to each other but they only have two classes that's the same. Later the bell had run and they have to say goodbyes. ''I think I'll see you in fourth and sixth period, bye!'' Lucy said to Eli while walking to their own classes.

A few years later, they were in high school now, they went to school together and walk back home together. A few weeks later, Eli had met a girl name Jessica who is a smart, pretty, lady. They start chatting and hanging out and left Lucy all by herself, like if she's invisible. Lucy felt she was left out so from that day starting, she walk home her self and go to school herself. She would sometimes text Eli to ask what he was doing, but he would reply it in a long time, not like he would reply it right away like in middle school. The next day she came to school, she found Eli walking by himself, she thought today she could finally have some time with Eli alone. She was walking up to Eli and was about to call his name, but when he saw Lucy, he walk away coldly. 'Why is he ignoring me?' Lucy thought.

A month had passed and Eli is still ignoring Lucy, and she doesn't know what she did wrong to make Eli ignoring her. Finally today at lunch Eli is sitting alone in the canteen eating his food and Lucy sat next to him quickly and ask the question, ''Eli, why you're like ignoring me the whole months now?'' Eli look up at her annoyed and then back to his foods. ''Did I do something wrong to make you keep ignoring me now?'' She asked again. ''Yes,'' Eli finally reply to her. ''What make you hate me then?'' Lucy was getting sad, she don't why her best friend hate her now. '' Your face makes me hate you, your voice makes me hate you, everything about you makes me hate you!!'' He yell that out loud and stand up with his tray and walk over to Jessica'a table.

'He hates me? He hates my face? He hates my voice? He never say anything about my appearance when we're little and in middle school, so why is he hating me now?' Lucy didn't notice when she was thinking, her tears had escaped her eyes. Also the people in the canteen were staring at her wierdly. ''Here, don't cry. He don't deserve a nice friend like you,'' A stranger boy held out a tissue for her. ''I don't get it, why does he hates me now?'' Lucy wipe the tears from her eyes with the tissue and look over at Eli, who's laughing and talking with Jessica. ''Let's get out of this place first,'' The boy grab Lucy's wrist and walk outside. They sat next to a tree and continue to talk. ''Friends are always like this, do you know why does his starts ignoring you a a month ago?'' The stranger ask. ''No,'' Lucy replies. ''If you want to know the answer stay in home the whole time tomorrow.'' The bell rang and it was time for the next class. ''Guess we have to go, see you later if we can, bye,'' The boy wave his hand cooly and walk away. ''Wait, who are you? And why you're talking to me all of a sudden?'' Lucy's curiosity were on now. ''My name is Kris, you're know it in the future.''

Today is the weekend, and Lucy woke up really early in the morning. She couldn't sleep the whole night because she don't know why Eli hates her in whole of a sudden. There was a knock on the door, Lucy walk to the door and open it, but she only found a box in front of her that's written Time Machine in the front. She pick up the box with both hands and close the door with her foot. She set the box on her table and open it carefully. When she look inside the box, she found a mini pinkish metal box that only have one button. Next to the metal box, there was a paper saying, Press the button. She obey the paper and press the button. It start glowing in a pale color and within a second, she fainted on the floor.

In her dream, she woke up in a room that's painted completely white, or it's naturally white. ''Glad you came,'' A voice spoke behind her. When she turn around, she saw the boy named Kris. ''Why am I here?'' asked Lucy. ''You said you wanted the answer, so that's why you're here, you still want to know why Eli hates you now?'' Lucy nodded. ''Well, the answer is here,'' Kris pointed the front and it appear Lucy and Eli when they're in middle school. It was the day when it's their first day in middle school, after the bell rang, they each walk to their own classes, but while Eli was walking he was thinking about Lucy's appearnce. 'If she doesn't change that look when we're in high school, I'll just pretend I don't know her. Who would want a friend look ugly and unstylish?' Then the screen flash to the day when they met Jessica. Eli is thinking again, 'I finally found a friend that looks great and smart! Unlike Lucy, eventhough she's smart, I don't like her appearance, all unfashion. I guess I don't need Lucy anymore. I have a smart and pretty friend here.' That was the end of the flashback for Lucy's answer.

Finally she was back in her own bedroom now. She look around and found that Kris standing near her bed. ''Now you know the answer?'' He ask. Lucy nodded while touching her own face. ''There's nothing wrong with your style or your face, each people have their own opinion. Be yourself, and the Time Machine, you could keep it.'' Kris said. ''Wait! What Time Machine?!'' Lucy ask the last sentence before he could leave.


Please comment and subscribe~~~ Sleep now...