1/2

Stuck In Between

 

“Ugh~” I groaned, a not so lady-like groan and more like an animal kind of groan suddenly it reminds me of my favorite childhood tv show, Bear in a Big Blue House. Hehehehe such a fun show to watch.

 
-CLING-
 
 
“OUCH”
 
Wow. Wait what was that? CL better not be making any mess in the kitchen or else I will karate chop her alive. I thought to myself still with my eyes shut. Grabbing a handful of my bed comforter while slowly moving my hand up and down feeling the lace of - Where’s the lace? There should be laces on my comforter? WHERE THE DID THE LACE GO???
 
Stunned with the discovery I opened my eyes and was invited by… A bearbrick alarm clock?
 
Wait what?
 
“Where am I exactly?”
 
Looking around the room I spotted a couple more of those figurines ranging from different sizes. Weird, for a second there I thought I was in a toy shop. Seriously who wants to sleep -
 
“Bom? Bom-yang? Are you awake?” A sweet voice came from the other side of the bedroom door.
 
Jiyong? I’m at Jiyong’s house? Never thought Jiyong would be the type to collect all these stuff, adorable. I smiled thinking that there’s more to the egoistic fashionista Kwon JiYong who only cares for himself.
 
Dragging myself to the door which I’m guessing is the bathroom since I need to look presentable at least after I crashed at his place yesterday night with zero memories on what happened. Maybe I should ask him later. UGH stupid headache stop!
 
“There’s a freaking rock concert that’s going on in my head right now” I mumbled while splashing cold water on my face.
 
“Bom, there’s a t-shirt that I put on the bed and I don’t think me or hyung’s pants will fit you so uhm I think that the t-shirt is big enough to cover your body… So come out after you’re done.”
 
Hyung? Which hyung? I thought Jiyong only has an older sister. Not that I care but everyone in the office knows it. Plus he never once said anything about an older brother.
 
“Thanks Ji.” I heard the bedroom door closed behind me a second later. Oh well, maybe he’s his older brother is much nicer than ji-brat maybe more handsome, wohoo~ I’m getting myself a big fish today.
 
Hair (eww), Check.
Face (oh my god), Check.
 
“Bom you’re ready.” Nodding my head slowly while looking at my reflection in the mirror. I went out and quickly but carefully since my head still hurts like hell, changed to the t-shirt that Jiyong gave me, Boy London nice~ and I brace myself to the door but was caught off guard when I opened it to see another familiar face looking straight at me. Not forgetting that smirk on his handsome face, I mean face, just face.
 
“Well hello there Bom noona”
 
“Seunghyun!” I shrieked surprised by the fact that not only Jiyong knew about this but Seunghyun too.
 
Hyung. Hyung. Hyung. Hyung. Hyung… Jiyong should just tell me that it’s Seunghyun, Ji-brat. Why so formal when he seldom calls me noona, tsk that kid.
 
“Look at her spacing out. Should we tell her that we have corn?” Seunghyun looked at Jiyong while grinning.
 
“Maybe –“ Jiyong was about to continue with the teasing game when I interrupted him.
 
“Did you guys say corn?” I looked at them with big hopeful eyes hoping that they are telling the truth. Only corn can make me feel better right now. This is so embarrassing, I swear. First, I wake up to realize that I’m not in my room and it wasn’t Chaerin in the kitchen just now. And now I’m only wearing a t-shirt with 2 guys staring at me like I’m some sort of an alien, which I’m not just to let you know. I’m 100% human, really. You can check my birth certificate at my apartment later or maybe my mom has it back at home, god I can’t remember where I put it. Bom , you need to organ-.
 
“Are you going to stand there all day?” Jiyong said looking at me with an amused face.
 
“Well… No. Look I –“
 
“Noona you better get your cute here now before the food gets cold. By the way, this is the first time me and Jiyong cooked for someone” Seunghyun said with a proud smile on his stupid face.
 
I scoffed.
 
Definitely not impressed with the confession.
 
“Should I be flattered or scared by the fact that it’s your first? I should get ready to call the ambulance in case I would die from food poisoning.” I walked toward the kitchen counter and climbed on the stool, sitting next to Jiyong while Seunghyun was standing in front of me holding a ladle. Grabbing the spoon that was placed beside the bowl l started to sip on my ‘hangover’ soup that they made for me, not bad.
 
“So…” They asked in unison with eyes full of expectation. This gonna be too easy, I laughed on the inside and looked at them with a disgusted expression.
 
“It was horrible.” I simply said dropping the spoon in the bowl and oh boy, the look on their faces makes me wanna laugh so hard.
 
“Oh, you don’t have to eat them noona. Let me just get you something else.” Seunghyun said politely trying to take away the bowl but I hold on to it.
 
“It’s okay. I just have to try to finish it. It’s the least I could do after what happen last night.” I continued with my brilliant act. Oh I should be getting an award right now. Yes yes, Park Bom ‘Best New Actress’.
 
Jiyong looked at me with apologetic eyes. I bet he’s thinking “how could we served her something that taste horrible.” lol.
 
“It’s okay Bom-yang. We’ll just buy you some soup. Let me just grab my wallet and make a quick run to the-“ Jiyong was about to exit the kitchen when I laughed.
 
“I’m *laughs* kidding, *laughs* it’s *laughs* not that *laughs* bad. You guys *laughs* should have seen your faces *laughs. Oh my god it was priceless.” I wiped away the tears in my eyes and continue sipping on my soup. I have to say that it’s quite good.
 
“YAH, BOM-YANG THAT’S NOT COOL.” Jiyong shouted looking annoyed. Aw~ is that how he looked like when he’s annoyed? Then I guess I have to do this more because he looks adorable, let me pinch those cheeks.
 
I looked back at Jiyong with a goofy smile before continuing eating my soup. I sensed that someone was staring at me so I looked up. Wrong move, Seunghyun was glaring at me with those impregnanting eyes of him. Is he trying to kill me or trying to make me pregnant? I’m going for the latter one since I’m too young to die. It’s not that bad to be carrying Choi Seunghyun’s baby, right? I mean- WOW WAIT WHAT NO I would rather die for god sake Bom keep it together.
 
“Noona, you’re mean.” Seunghyun said shaking his head showing me that he’s disappointed with my act.
 
“What? Oh come on for god sake you guys are no fun. It’s a joke. Don’t both of you joke around and pull pranks on each other?” I looked at both of them with disbelief.
 
“No.” They replied flatly.
 
“Fine.” Rolled my eyes before I continue “I’m sorry, that was childish of me and thank you for the soup it was delicious.” I ended with a smile as sweet as corn, yummy. I know they can’t resist it. It’s my secret weapon kkkk. I always use it on Chaerin every time I did something wrong which she will reluctantly surrender and forgive me instantly.
 
“Mori okke mureup bal Swag check swag check
Mori okke mureup bal Swag check swag check
Ajikdo kkulliji ana yes I’m a pretty boy
Nan naradanyo so fly nallari boy
Wol hwasumokgeumtoil nan bappa oppa nappa Baaad boy
I’m a G to the D Gold N Diamonds boy”
 
A ringtone was heard from the living room and I have a feeling that it was Jiyong’s since he overused swag and dope way too much.
 
“I’ll be right back.” Jiyong announced walking away from the kitchen and heading towards the living room.
 
“So noona…” Seunghyun started. “Do you remember what happened last night?” He said raising his eyebrows up and down smiling like a fool. More like a monkey to me.
 
“What? Of course I remembered.” I said defensively. “I remember that I went to the New Year party that our company organized.”
 
“And…”
 
“And I was talking to one of my office mate when you and Ji came to me and told me something about a party and I told you that I didn’t want to go but you guys were dragging me, like literally dragging me by the shoulder, I could lose both of my arms, how rude.” I glared at him as the memory of last night slowly came back to me. “And I was talking to Dara and I just left her there and let both of you drag me out of the place. I should give her a call to apologise  for last night.” I sighed and placed both hands on my face feeling frustrated. 
 
“I remember that I was struggling but I stopped when Ji said something about Chaerin’s boyfriend… Meeting him at the party since he will be there too and Chaerin will also be there with him. So I went with you guys since I’d never seen her boyfriend, tsk that girl is so secretive.” I snickered as I remember the time that I found out by accident that Lee Chaerin has a boyfriend, a real boyfriend.
 
~flashback~
 
“Come and take a walk on the wild side
Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain
You like your girls insane
Choose your last words,
This is the last time
Cause you and I
We were born to die
We were born to die
We were born to die”
 
“Chae, someone is calling.” I shouted still keeping my eyes on the tv watching my favorite show, Running Man. I was lying back on the sofa enjoying the scene where Jong Kook keeps on scolding Kwang Soo to be quiet while they’re trying to find the special guest, poor giraffe.
 
“Chaerin!!! Your phone is still ringing.” I called her for the second time. She must be in the bathroom getting ready to go out with whom she
told me ‘a friend’ aish this girl can’t she see that I’m trying to watch Running Man right now. Gary is trying to solve the puzzle but I can’t concentrate on the show when Lana keeps on singing that we were born to die. Woman, you can die alone let me just watch Running Man peacefully.
 
Her phone stopped ringing and a new text message came in a second later. I shot a quick glance at the screen of her iphone, doing a double take when I saw;
 
“Babe, I’m in front of your place.” - Teddy
 
Chaerin came out from her room a second later looking gorgeous as always. Wow no, you’re getting the wrong idea. I’m no lesbo okay. I’m straight but she does look gorgeous. Wearing a Jeremy Scott ‘Trash’ crop top, Ashish sequin cow hide print mini-skirt, a pair of black tights and she finished it off with a pair of Christian Louboutin black leather hi-top sneakers with silver studs . I’m guessing she’s looking for her phone since she’s been digging through her purse for a minute now.
 
“Bom have you seen my phone I heard it ringing but I can’t seem to find it.” She pouted realizing that it’s not there.
 
“I’d been calling you for the past 5 minutes that your phone was ringing, here.” I passed it to her but stopped half way. “By the way who’s this Teddy guy? I’m guessing it’s a guy since he calls you babe” I pursed my eyes, eyebrow raised and waited for her explanation.
 
A tint blush was creeping on her cheeks and in a swift movement she snatched the phone right out of my hand and ran toward the door and closed it.
 
“LATER BOM.”
 
“YAH, LEE CHAERIN YOU BETTER TELL ME OR ELSE I’LL BURN ALL YOUR DESIGNERS CLOTHES.” I screamed at her. More like at the door since she’d already left.
 
~end of flashback~
 
Until now I didn’t know that Teddy guy except that he’s a music producer, he drives a BMW 5 series and he wears a cap over his hoodie, weird. Yes, I know Chaerin is private person and she likes to keep it that way. She told me that they were dating for 2 months now and that’s about it. And here I am thinking that we’re best friend but of course I respect that she’s trying to keep it to herself. But ugh never mind, so the main reason why I followed the two monkeys were because of this. Trying to find out who’s this Teddy dude. For some reason Ji-brat knows him and all I care is to meet with the guy. Is he worth to be with my Chae or is he another heartbreaker that’s just trying to have some fun. Hey, it’s not an easy job to be someone’s bff like it’s hard work and I’m not getting pay for it, kidding.
 
“Okay, but do you remember what you really did that night?” Seunghyun asked me again with a sly smile on his face.
 
“What do you mean? Seunghyun stop making me feel anxious. What did I do?” I looked at him with pleading eyes. Did I do something bad? Did I kiss someone or even worse make out with a stranger? Is he gorgeous with a killer smile and has a y curly hair but not as curly as Harry Styles’s. I swear that dude hair is alive-. No! Bom concentrate.
 
“Noona, you wanna know what happen last night?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Just tell me.”
 
“Really really?”
 
“ Seunghyun just tell me!”
 
“Wow noona, it’s still early to be ing each other don’t you think. We haven’t even gone to our first date yet.” He winked. Did Choi Seunghyun just wink at me?
 
“Alright alright I’ll tell you.” He said teasingly while he leaned over and whispered into my ear “You were drunk as last night.”
 
My eyes were about to pop out and my jaw dropped. How drunk was I last night that I couldn’t even remember it. I could feel that my left eye is twitching. I wish the floor would open up and swallow me
whole. That it would take me somewhere away from here.
 
“You couldn’t even sit up straight on the bar stool, much less walk to the car.” He continued and I could sense that he’s smiling. He leaned back to see how I would react and laughed the second he saw my face.
 
“But noona, you were so adorable and probably y at the same time” He nodded probably thinking of all the crazy stuff that I did last night.
 
“Hyung, you told Bom-yang already what happened last night?” Jiyong walked back to the kitchen after he ended the call and took a seat next to me.
 
“As a matter of fact, you’re right on time.” Seunghyun said excitedly.
 
“STOP. Don’t tell me I don’t want to know.” I covered my ears blocking all the sound but Jiyong grabbed my wrist and spoke
 
“Bom-yang, you need to listen to this because it’s one hell of an interesting story.” He flashed his boyish smile and I couldn’t help but to look away, it’s too bright and I have no idea why. I groaned. How the hell did I get into this situation? I’d never lose control of myself especially in front of the boys… Okay, I lied.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Before we get back to the part where Jiyong and Seunghyun will tell you how I’d embarrassed myself in front of everyone at the club last night, I bet you’re all wondering how on earth that I’m actually close with these two idiots, right? Well for starters, the three of us work in the same magazine company at Mapo-gu, Seoul. I work in the make-up department as the head of the beauty team. I’ve been working there for quite some time and I’ll have to say that I’m really good at my job since I’m really passionate about make-up /flips hair. Jiyong works in the fashion department as the creative director. When it comes to fashion nobody knows the best except for Mr. Dragon right here. If there’s a dictionary for fashion I bet Jiyong wrote it and maybe Chaerin helped him out with it too. Okay, I’m exaggerating but you get what I mean. Seunghyun works at the event department as the senior writer. VIP access, backstage passes and all the oh-so-good stuff that you dreamed of getting, he got it all since he writes about all the parties and concerts that he attended.
 
…Unfortunately for me these three departments are on the same floor since it’s closely colligate with one another and we have no choice but to work together every once a month for a huge event.
 
I’d known Seunghyun since middle school. Me, Chaerin and him studied at the same school and we lived in the same neighborhood until I’d moved to Japan because of my dad’s work. The reason why I’m close to him in the first place is because of his older sister. We had classes together and Seunghyun was very clingy to his sister. Maybe the main reason was because he wasn’t that attractive when he was younger. He used to be a chubby kid and he got teased a lot because of it but I’d never actually care about that kind of stuff. Believe it or not I used to pinch his cheeks whenever he lets his guard down or when he didn’t get what he wants. Fine~ I still do it but he glares at me after that. He’s still the same fun-loving kid that I had known.
 
It’s a different story for Jiyong. I met him when I lived in Japan. We studied in the same fashion university together. He’s always the cheerful and friendly guy, the guy who everyone wants to be friend with while I’m the opposite of him. I’m shy, quiet and reserved since I still have problems conversing in Japanese. He changed that when he entered my class for the first time. I swear I’d never met a guy who’s talkative as he is. He never stops talking and somehow, we ended being good friends and not that I’m complaining but thinking about the amount of hate that I received from being close to him is horrifying. Most of his ‘crazy fangirls’ accused that I’d seduced him. Like hello why in the world do I want to seduce him? He’s obnoxious, he’s childish and he’s a kid. Plus I’m out of his league. He dates hot models while I date regular guys that I called oppa.
 
“Oh oh oh oh oppareul saranghae. Ah ah ah ah mani mani hae”.
 
Sorry. I got carried away.
 
Anyways, I’d moved back to Korea after I graduated and now I’m staying with Chaerin in a super-cozy homey, duplex apartment near the Gangnam District. However, my parents are still living in Japan since they are overly attached to our neighborhood. The last news I heard about Jiyong was that he’s working in an underground fashion line.
 
Sometimes I ask myself this question “Am I the luckiest girl on earth or am I being cursed by the evil witch of the East? The idea of working alongside with two guys who I’d known for years just makes me wanna rip all Chaerin’s branded clothes.
 
Monkey knows their kind so it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that these two will be close in a short period of time. At the office, they are called the Double Combo more like the Double Dumbo to me. I heard from one of the staff that the girls called Seunghyun, McGorgeous and Jiyong, McCharming. Puhlease~ they are more like McCheesy and Mc-I-want-to-vomit-any-second, what with girls and ridiculous nicknames. Okay, let’s get back to the story or maybe I don’t want to since I have a feeling it would be-
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“EARTH TO PARK BOM” Seunghyun called me but more like yelled at me.
 
“What?” I asked confused.
 
“This gonna be a hell of a good story” Seunghyun chipped in, smiling while showing his dimples.
 
“So heres how it begins~” Jiyong clasped his hands together, straightened his body postures and smiled mischievously.
 
-END-
 
A/N: Hey you, yes you! I'm calling you awesome because you read my story. Awesome reader wassup. No I'm not drunk right now I'm just happy lol okay. 

I know that you're going to say "authornim what is this?" "Noooo cliffhanger~~~~" "I need more authornim"

Well boohoo, too bad I cut this story into two parts. I will post up part 2 sometimes next week or next next week since I'm a busy person /flips hair. (It’s funny how I didn’t even write part 2 yet lmfao but I'm writing it slowly in mind hahahahaha)

Special thanks to xiao-dou for helping me with this story ^^ saranghaeyo chingu-ah /throws heart. Please don't bully her or she will bite you, not lying.

Btw, this is the first time I'm writing a one shot so please let me know how screwed I am, gomowo ^^

Thats it for now, so long ers~ 

p/s: Who will Park Bom end up with? Wild guess anyone :D