The Loved Ones (Part 2)

Tales After Dark 3 (Big Bang Edition)

"STOMP! STOMP!" The sounds were heard outside the rooms where Ji Yong, Tae Yang and the rest are hiding from a murderous Xander who died of a sudden death and now came back re-animated as a ghostly zombie.

They all screamed when he started to chase them with the axe that hacked him to death while the others had to split up in three different rooms upstairs while Xander was lurching up the stairs looking to kill them.

"How the hell are we gonna get out of here...!?" Tae Yang asked in a terrified tone while Ji Yong is still frightened of the situation.

"Mollayo...the truth is how are all gonna get out of here alive...?" Ji Yong replied while huddled on the floor with Tae Yang near the door.

"That Ajusshi was right....this mansion is really cursed....but what caused this curse to come alive...?" Ji Yong asked himself before Tae Yang shook him out of his thoughts and saw the worried look on his face.

"I know why this going on with us....read this article..." Tae Yang showed an old newspaper article to Ji Yong who was reading the article from the entry.

THE PARK MANSION IS CURSED!!! - The Loved Ones Massacre

On 30th October 1955 at 10.30pm, the residents and guests at the Park Mansion were massacred by an unknown force during the Annual Halloween Ball where it was held by Mr. Park Joon Ki. It was reported by a young chauffeur that one year ago, an ancient gypsy woman had put a curse on Mr. Park after he accidentally killed the woman's son by his car and was willing to compensate for the woman's loss. She became enraged and accused Mr. Park of "being selfish and trying to buy off her for son's death without getting arrested."

The chauffeur was present during the argument and was terrfied for his employer who was cursed with the quote: "You took away the son I loved, now you're cursed by the people and things you love..." After this, the elderly gypsy committed suicide after falling off from a balcony and died on impact.

A year later, he decided to hold a party since he loved to hold his annual ball for halloween but the dead woman's curse was awoken and killed 100 guests in the party in brutal ways since the ghost of the woman trapped them inside the mansion and murdered every one of them due to the curse. Mr. Park has also died, a day later after succumbing to his injuries from a axe next to a statue. No one has ever seen a sinister curse like this and may this curse be prevented from people at risk...

"Oh my God...they died by the things they loved..." Ji Yong felt horrified after reading the article.

"And Xander was killed because he always loved to joke..." Tae Yang realised the cause of their friend's death.

"We need to get back with the guys and get out of here..." Ji Yong informed Tae Yang about his plan to get their friends back while making sure they all came back...in one piece......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yoonji-ah...try to get your head out out of the window and I'll come behind you..." Jun.K kept the stiff window open to get Yoonji out of the room to escape from the mansion. He received a text from Ji Yong to try to escape from the mansion to stay alive and unaffected from the curse.

"I'm really scared Oppa....I just hope we all come out alive..." Yoonji replied and managed to get her head out while Jun.K was pushing her body outside to escape.

"We just have to be brave and save our friends and ourselves..." Jun.K replied in concern making Yoonji feel emotionally touched by his words.

"I never seen that side of you Oppa..." Yoonji was halfway through the window.

"Well I care because I love you..." Jun.K replied to Yoonji not realising these words prove to be his undoing until...

"THUMP! SPLAT!" The windows shut itself and cut Yoonji's body in half where half of her body was stuck on the window with blood splattered while her legs fell on the floor making Jun.K feel shocked and horrified at his girlfriend's death.

"Andwe!" Jun.K shouted in rage and cried over his girlfriend who was so close to escaping and has now become victim of the curse. He heard the window open and saw Yoonji's half body disappear from the window and her legs missing from the floor.

"Oppa..." Jun.K heard someone calling and saw his girlfriend sitting on the bed but has now become one of the undead ghosts like Xander with a pale face and dried blood on .

"Yoonji...? You were dead...I seen you die just now..." Jun.K asked Yoonji while trying not be hysterical while the dead Yoonji was smiling at him unaware of her intentions.

"I knew we weren't gonna survive and I would've loved to hear those romantic words..." Yoonji replied like nothing had happened while Jun.K was feeling terrified making Yoonji pout in defeat.

"What happened...don't you love me anymore Oppa.." Yoonji approached Jun.K who was feeling scared for every step she was taking towards him.

"Anni...I still do...but you're dead now..." Jun.K tearfully confessed before he was lifted by the dead Yoonji in the air.

"The only way we can be together again is to be just like me....DEAD..." Yoonji replied in a scary tone and impaled Jun.K to the mirror shard of the wall to his death while Jun.K breathed his last with blood spilling his mouth and onto the floor.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aish....it's freezing in here, I just hope the other guys are fine....God I would love a bit of warmth atleast..." UEE shivered quietly in the room

UEE was huddled in a corner of the cold room that she was hiding in from the dead Xander, she received a text from Tae Yang to escape the mansion alive before getting killed by the curse.

"How am I gonna get out of here...?" UEE asked herself while wrapping a warm shawl around her body, she felt delighted with the instant warmth she needed and was trying to check outside the room through the window. She was trying to open the window and started to feel something move around her.

"What's happening...I can't feel anything...mmmph!" UEE realised the shawl was acting on its own and tried to remove it from her body but it was wrapped tightly around her body and started to suffocate her. The shawl started to tie a noose around her neck in the air while UEE was flailing her arms about.

"CRACK!" The sound was echoed in the room where UEE's body is now swinging in the air while the blood was seeping through the shawl around ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ji Yong and Tae Yang managed to escape from the room quietly and didn't see the dead Xander looming through the hallway. They went downstairs and were looking around the mansion for the guys who weren't waiting outside the mansion like they had told them to.

"Where's UEE, Jun and Yoonji...?" Ji Yong voiced echoed the quiet mansion

"They were supposed to meet us outside..." Tae Yang replied to Ji Yong before seeing someone coming inside the ballroom, they thought it was their friends but were shocked to see the dead bodies of UEE, Jun.K and Yoonji lurching towards them along with Xander who had a sneer on his pale face.

"They're dead! Let's get out of here..." Tae Yang shouted and tried to unlock the doors but it was closed shut.

"Andwe...! You can't kill us...please let us go.." Ji Yong tried to reason but the ghosts were laughing at their impending doom 

"The party just started man...we just need you guys to join us..." Xander howled at them and along with UEE, Jun.K and Yoonji are already nearing towards them, they were already surrounded and then....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"AAARGHH!" A scream was heard in the background, where it turns out Ji Yong woke up to Tae Yang shaking him from his sleep on the sofa.

"Yah...I was trying to call you but weren't listening man...you were so engorssed in the Insidious movie..." Tae Yang replied to Ji Yong who saw himself back in his condo with Tae Yang...and in one piece. Tae Yang looked at his friend's concern who was still quiet and kept on looking around him.

"Gwenchana...? You looked like you've seen a ghost man.."Tae Yang asked his friend who shook his head with a light laugh.

"Anni...I just had a nightmare...we all were heading to a party, our car van broke down and we stopped near a isolated mansion. An Ajusshi was warning us not to go inside because it was haunted and cursed but we went in..." Ji Yong was confessing his nightmare to Tae Yang.

"And we all were cursed and died in mysterious and brutal ways and we were left and were gonna die too..." Tae Yang finished Ji Yong's sentence who was feeling a little alarmed.

"How...did you know.." Ji Yong asked Tae Yang who took of his sunglasses and showed his white eyes...

"Because I'm also dead...." Tae Yang confessed with a deep horrifying voice, Ji Yong tried to run and hide and four zombies come out of the kitchen causing him to scream in terror and then...

"PSYCH!" The zombies and Tae Yang yelled out to a terrified Ji Yong to realise it was all a halloween prank played his friends. Tae Yang took the white contacts out and the voice modulating device from his neck while the other zombies unmasked themselves to be Xander, UEE, Jun.K and Yoonji who were laughing in jest over Ji Yong's scare.

"Aish! You guys are the worst....but that was a good scare..." Ji Yong laughed along with his friends.

"Well you always scare us all the time..." Jun.K replied with a laugh.

"So Tae Yang Oppa came up with an idea to plan to prank you..." Yoonji confessed while Tae Yang looked sheepish.

"He knows you come back tired and most vulnerable to a scare..." UEE confessed with a light laugh.

"So we got masks and costumes to dress like zombies and Tae Yang wore contacts under his sunglasses and the device to change his voice.." Xander confessed.

"Man you should've seen the look on your face..." Tae Yang replied until a knock was heard which put the others in a fright.

Ji Yong opened the door slowly and it turns out to be a delivery boy carrying the food ordered for their halloween night-in. They all relieved a sigh and sat down around the dining table with the food out and held out their glasses for a toast.

"To a good night-in at halloween..." Ji Yong toasted with his friends and they all dined together with laughs and fun through the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of The Second Story

19th December 2015