Chapter 1

Azazel

It was in one of those abandoned alley, one that you often see in horror or thriller movies. We were feeding. Me, Max, Matt, and Mikey. And then you stumbled upon us.

Your face instantly turned beet red as you saw that me and Max was pinning a girl to the wall with our mouth latched on her neck, while Matt and Mikey was having the exact same position at the other wall.

Clearly, you thought we were doing some… other things.

"Do, don't mind me," you stuttered. "Just continued on... with… whatever it is that you guys were doing."

The four of us just stared, astonished as you hurriedly made your way out of the alley, mumbling incoherent things with that blushing face of yours.

Mikey was the first one to snap out of the daze. "Shouldn't we catch her, or something?"

Max dazedly nods. "Yeah, I think we should..."

Upon hearing that, Mikey and Matt sprinted off to catch you while I waited there with Max.

"Did you felt it too, or was I'm too distracted by feeding?" Max asked, finally, and I nodded.

"Yeah, there's something different about her. But I can’t put my finger on what’s wrong"

We both stayed silent for some time, until Max amusedly asked. "Interesting, isn't it?"

And a wicked grin made it's way to my face. "It surely is."

But of course, we didn't meet again that night. You disappeared, and Mikey and Matt returned empty handed. It wasn't until three months later that we meet again. And your timing was… great.

 

***

"You're mocking me," she mumbles with heavy breath.

He grins. "Take it as a compliment."

***

 

"Well well, what do we have here?" a feline looking man – of Asian blood, Korean I dare say – says, grinning like a cat. He sits on top of the boulder, while his four men – also Korean – stand on guard below.

"Oh! It's our Crown Princes!" he said, pretending to be surprised. "I would've bowed to honor you, your highness.”

"If only you guys aren't banished," he added with a mocking laugh.

Max looked up at him, donning his usual bored face. "And who are you? Some desperate low ranked vampire, trying to gain some fame by capturing as?" he asked mockingly.

He kept his composure, but it didn't escape our senses that he seems a bit angered by Max's accusation. "Although I must admit that you have managed to unravel my intentions, I'm afraid I still have to correct you. I'm not those low ranked vampire, you know. My name is Alvin, Tengyeon Alvin. Ring a bell?"

"Err no?" Mikey said, furrowing his eyebrows.

There was silence that follow, until Matt doubled up in laughter, and Mikey looks at him in disbelief. "He, he was your man, stupid," Matt said in between his laugh. "You know, that guard you used to toss around?"

"The one that was assigned to be Mikey's personal sitter?" Max asked, amused by this revelation.

Matt nodded, still laughing. "And those four, dammit, Mikey, they was yours too! I think they guarded you once during one of our gathering. That one goes by Baro, I think. And that kid is called Sandeul, that odd looking one is CNu or Shinwoo – whatever, and the last one is… Gong something. Gongchan? Yeah I think that’s his name."

Matt looked at Mikey and laughed again. "Damn, you really forget, don't you?"

"So what happened?" Max asked Alvin, while Matt is still in his fit of laughter and Mikey still racking his brain. "Did you manage to someone else's to work your way up after Mikey was gone?"

Alvin hissed in anger, but he kept his fake smile. "No, our clan’s Head Guard was incompetent and the Council decided to punish him by putting him on a fight against me. I won, he’s buried six feet under the ground, and they let me take his place."

Mikey turned stiff. "You killed him?"

I just sighed, knowing that Mikey is now out to kill. His clan's Head Guard, Leo, was one of Mikey's close friends. And he wasn't incompetent. He let Mikey sneaked into the palace so he can bid his little brother Thomas – or little Tommy, as we normally called him – a final goodbye before leaving with us after the banishment.

However, as both Max and Matt's attentions are focused on Mikey who already bared his fang at Alvin – who only grinned at us. He’s either too dense or an overconfident idiot – mine was focused somewhere else.

"We're not alone," I mumble lowly before going to a certain dark spot, and yank someone out.

Will you believe me if I told you I was extremely pleased to see your face? Of course you won't. I had my fangs out and my claws almost pierced your neck, after all. Not to mention that my eyes were red with bloodlust. But I was pleased. I really am.

"I'm, I'm sorry," you muttered weakly. "I don't mean to get involved, I was just taking a shortcut to go back home…Please go back to… whatever… gang fighting you guys are having."

"Gang fighting?" Alvin asks loudly, insulted. "You worthless scum! How dare you!"

At this, one of Alvin's men – CNu, I think – moved forward and grabbed your left arm, making you squeaked in fear. I managed, however, to yank you to my embrace and thus preventing him to take you away. He hissed angrily at me, but he kept his grip on your hand.

"Hyung, is there's something wrong?" Matt asked, worried because I stayed silent and was looking at you the whole time.

"No," I calmly said, finally tearing my gaze off of you. "I think I just found my prize for the night."

"Hell no!" Alvin shouted. "She's mine! I'll make her pay for what she said!"

Max raised his eyebrow, "Did your parents never teach you that it's extremely rude to snatch another people's toy?"

"Does he even have parents?" Matt asked, and Mikey shrugged his shoulder.

"How would I know? I don't even remember him."

"You!" Alvin was clearly mad by now, as he had jump off the boulder and took his fighting stance.

I sighed, annoyed. "There goes my plan for a quiet night with my prize. Wait here, okay, princess?"

You barely managed a nod, and I gave you a reassuring smile before turning around to talk to Alvin, still holding you in my arms. "5 against 4, huh?"

Alvin smirked upon hearing what I said. "Ah yes, the advantage was ours."

"Hmm, really?" A feral grin made it's way to my face.

The next second, CNu’s scream of pain filled the air as I yanked him close and ripped his throat open with my fangs. You screamed in fear when his blood splashed on you, and you chocked on your own scream when I held him by the hair and he started gargling as I the dripping blood before creating an even larger gash so I can fed on his blood freely.

Everyone else could only watch in silent until I finished and threw his dried body away. I’m pretty sure I must’ve looked extremely scary after the display, furthermore with his blood still dripping down my throat, because when I looked at you and grinned reassuringly, you fainted.

Ignoring this, I turned around and my lips as I stared at Alvin, who instantly turned pale.

"H\e's yours Mikey."

The fights broke out then, and finally I let go of you. You regained your consciousness as your body slumped to the ground, and you instantly drew your knees close to your body and sat there with your head buried, quivering.

"Poor princess, don't cry," I cooed, tilting your chin up. You look at me with teary eyes, fear evident in your face, and I can't help it.

I leaned down to claim your lips, and you were frozen with shock.

"YAH HYUNG! GET YOUR SORRY HERE AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR SHARE!" Matt shouts, fighting both Gongchan and Sandeul at the same time.

I chuckled as I pulled back, and you stared at me with wide eyes.

"Don't go anywhere, princess. I have to save the world for a second," I said smugly while pecking on your cheek before turning around and jumped Sandeul, slamming him to the wall.

He hissed and he tried to punch my face. But as I was distracted with blocking his punch, he knee-kicked me in the stomach, making me groan. Not in pain, I was just annoyed that he actually managed to land a blow. He pushed me off of him and I blocked his next kick with my own as I land a blow on his chest. He landed on the ground ungracefully, but he got back on his feet and tried attacking me again.

", I forgot that Mikey's people are physically good," I mumbles as I dodged Sandeul's punch, elbowed him squarely in the face. Breaking his nose, I think.

Then a loud yelp distracts all of us, and I was pleased when Mikey had Alvin pinned on the ground, the former holding both of the latter hands, mercilessly ripping them apart and throwing away.

Alvin screams in agony, but Mikey’s face remained as cold as ever as he pulled him up by the hair

“You should’ve thought of this before carelessly hunted us,” he whispered. “Especially when you can’t even keep your mouth shut and bragged about having killed my friend.”

And then Mikey slammed him face first to the ground, and stomped his feet on the Head Guard’s neck, crushing it to pieces and watched in wicked delight as the blood pooled around Alvin’s lifeless body.

Sandeul instantly screamed in agony at the sight of his fallen leader, and I sighed. Amateur.

Taking advantage of his distraught state, I grabbed his hair and let my claws out, slitting his throat down to his abdomen, creating a large gash and blood oozes out while he gurgled uselessly.

“Mikey!” I called. “Want this one?”

Mikey immediately turned his face and appeared next to me in no time, grabbing Sandeul by the shoulder and pinned him against the wall as he drank the blood hungrily. I rolled my eyes and glanced around. Matt was pinning Gongchan to the wall, snapping the boy's neck before he sunk his fang and his blood. Baro’s condition is worse, as he was facing Max. That best friend of mine was currently smiling maniacally while snapping Baro’s ripped hands to small crumbs as the poor boy lay beaten up against the wall. And he doesn’t even bother to kill him before him dry, enjoying Baro’s scream of agony.

I walked to Alvin whom, apparently, was still alive and I squat down, ignoring his pleading eyes as I searched through his flashy clothes until I found it. A topaz with the shaped of two intertwined pentagon, symbol of Mikey’s clan’s Head Guard.

“You don’t deserve this,” I told him coldly before standing up.

“Yah, are you guys done?” I called them. “Let’s clean up.”

They’re all done, thankfully. So we piled the remains of those five and burned it down. It’s an efficient way of avoiding suspicion from humans, and erasing our traces.

"Wait a minute, where's the girl?" Max asked, realizing that something is missing.

I whipped my head at where you're supposed to be, only to realize that you were gone.

"She's gone, again," Matt said, astonished. "It's the girl from before, right?"

"Yeah, it's her alright," I mumbled, eyes tracing the spot where I left you, trying to find a clue. Anything.

"I think she's not normal," Mikey said. "I mean, yeah I may not be a genius or what, but nothing can escape from my chase. Nothing, I remind you."

"And yet she managed to slipped off of our grip…twice," Max mused. "This is seriously getting interesting."

"It sure is," I said, amused at how the taste of your lips seems to linger on mine.

 


 

So, there's only B1A4 as guests in this chapter. Alvin is Jinyoung (It's his real English name, really) while I stick with real names for the others,