Chapter Seventeen

Born to Love Only You (semi-hiatus)

“Why do you want to work here,” the interviewer asked.

“To get a little cash,” Top shrugged.

The interviewer looked Top up and down, “Why do you need that cash?”

Top sighed, “Stop with the 21 questions, just give me the job and we’ll go on with life.”

Offended by his rudeness the interviewer asked him to leave. But it didn’t affect Top one bit as he strolled right out of the McDonald’s, “Who would want to work at a McDonald’s and mess up a face like this.” Top pulled his phone out and called up his girl, “Hey babe can you come pick me up?”


 

Minzy sighed as she looked to her phone, as much as she was consumed in the drama between Seungri and Taeyang she still had moments such as these of thinking. Is he okay? Does he even wonder if I’m okay?
 


GD stared at his phone wondering if she would call. How could he continue to pretend everything is okay without her here? Is she okay? Does she even wonder if I’m okay?

 

CL grinned as she pulled up to the curb seeing her super saiyan, “Hey do you need a ride?” Top grinned as he hopped into the car, “I thought you’d never ask.”
 


Taeyang sat staring at his phone debating whether or not to call Seungri. Should I? Dang I don’t know what to say? This is worse than trying to ask a girl out! Suddenly a knock came at the door that pulled him out of his debate, “Who is it?”

“It’s me,”Minzy called through the door.

“Come in,” he called over his shoulder.

Minzy peeked in as she walked through, “Hey are you busy?”

“No, what’s up?” Minzy shrugged her shoulders as she plopped onto his bed, “Can I borrow your phone?”

He rose an eyebrow at her, “Don’t you have one?”

“Yeah, but it’s dead. Can I use yours?”

He nodded as he tossed the phone towards her, “Here catch.”

Minzy caught the phone and looked up the number and began texting someone, “Do you have any plans tonight?”

Taeyang shook his head, “Nope, why?”

As Minzy continued to text the mysterious person she looked up and grinned, “Well now you do.”

Taeyang gave her a confused glance as she got up patting him on the back and placing his phone on the bed. Taeyang reached for the phone to see who she had been texting, “Seungri?”


 

Seungri grinned to himself as he knew all too well that it was Minzy who set this all up. He pulled out his phone reading the last text that gave it away, Be at the café off of main st. or else…;). “Aaah Minzy…” His thoughts were interrupted as someone bumped into him. “Oh sorry,” he began, but paused realizing who he had run into.

 

“Stop…let go,” Minzy struggled as Taeyang continued to drag her out the front door. “YA,” she shouted as he tossed her into the car before jumping in and hitting the gas not allowing her to escape.

 

“Bom do you really want to do this,” Mr. Choi asked with questioning eyes.

She grinned and nodded, “Yes I do. It’s just…don’t take this personal or anything. But I really want to learn how to be independent. My whole life I’ve been taken care of and I believe this is will be the only time for me to grow and learn how to depend on my own skills. I hope that makes sense.”

Mrs. Choi approached Bom and squeezed her hands, “Of course it does my dear. We’ll let you move out there.”

Bom squealed as she hugged Mrs. Choi and breathed, “Then I can find a real job too!”

“A real job?! Bom I think that’s too much,” Mrs. Choi pouted.

“But…how can I become…” Bom tried to plea.

Mr. Choi rose his hand, “It’s okay I understand perfectly what she is saying. Bom you can be my personal assistant. How about that? It’s a serious job.”

Bom was overwhelmed with emotion and ran to hug him, “Thank you!”

He chuckled as he hugged her back, “You’re most welcome.”

 


“Hey,” Seungri nodded towards Dara.

“Hey what are you doing here,” Dara asked in surprise.

He shrugged his shoulders, “Nothing really. Just going to be meeting someone, I’ll see you later.”

Dara noticed he was trying to leave and quickly tried to catch his attention, “Oh really with who?”

 


“No! Stop it Taeyang!” Minzy tried to hold onto the seat, but was yanked out of the car. “YA! My hair you jerk!” She noticed she wasn’t going to win this fight as she whined at his pulling, “Okay fine! Let me fix my hair. I have an image to maintain here!” Taeyang gave her a suspicious look and she gave him a challenging look, “What, I’m not gonna run away if that’s what you’re thinking!” She fixed her hair and began to start walking along side Taeyang, “Don’t you think you two need quality time alone?”

Taeyang shook his head, “Who are you to interfere with my business.”

“Who am I? I outta slap you for…” she paused when she saw an unknown girl with Seungri.

“Taeyang,” Dara smiled.

“Hey,” Taeyang politely nodded.

“And who are you,” Minzy looked the girl up and down.

“I’m Dara and who are you,” Dara extended a hand.

Minzy looked at her hand and gave her a suspicious look, “Hmm…that’s nice.” She then looked to Seungri, “Hey are you ready to go?”

Taeyang nudged Minzy, “Hey don’t be like that!”

“Be like what,” Minzy asked pretending to not know what he was talking about.

Dara faked a smile as she put her hand down, “It’s okay. So what are you guys up to?”

Minzy hooked arms with Taeyang and Seungri on either sides of her as she looked Dara straight in the eyes, “I’m on a date.”

Dara didn’t know if she was serious or not, “With both of them?”

Before Taeyang or Seungri could say anything Minzy smirked a smile, “Yes thank you! Well we better be off before we’re late.”

Minzy turned with both of them and tried to step forward before Taeyang pulled back.

“Minzy what are you doing,” he mumbled.

“Just shut it and work with me here,” she mumbled back. Minzy looked over her shoulder and smirked, “Nice meeting you.”

Dara nodded with a grin, “Uh yeah, it was nice meeting you too.” But she knew that whoever that girl was, she wasn’t listening to a word she was saying as she was walking away.


 

Top dragged his feet over to the couch where GD was reading a magazine and face planted right next to him.

“How was the hunt,” GD asked as he was aimlessly flipping through the pages.

“How does it look,” Top mumbled into the couch.

GD grinned as he patted his inexperienced friend on the back, “Don’t give up man.”

“Finding a job is harder than I thought,” Top breathed as he to his side.

“Don’t worry you’ll find one soon,” GD reassured him with a nod. “Are you hungry?”

“What kinda question is that?!”

GD chuckled as he nodded, “Alright, I’mma whip somethin up.”

 


Bom rushed to the room and began to pack her things. She was ecstatic and she couldn’t contain this liberating feeling inside of her.