Angel in Disguise

I'm Your Secret Admirer

Your P.O.V

 
One row down, three seats to my left.
 
 I secretly glanced at the angel disguised as a human, tapping his pen on the table as he furrowed his brow in frustration, trying to figure out the problem that our teacher had put up on the board. He turned around to one of his friends for help, catching my eye in the process. I quickly whipped my head around and stared at my page, face burning from the idea of getting caught staring… Hopefully he didn’t think that I just sat there staring… I was sort of… but not really… But thank goodness I had friends sitting on his side of the room as well… That way, if I talked to them, I could admire him from afar. 
 
I checked my answer once again, positive that it was correct. Oh how I wish I could just go and help him. I giggled and felt a nudge from my right and turned towards my friend who looked at me, eyebrows raised.
 
“Staring again?”
 
“I can’t help it if he’s so ridiculously good looking!” I blushed, before turning back to my work, smiling like a complete idiot.
 
The class continued on like that, doing physics problems, listening to the teacher talk, and me stealing glances at him, the person that I believed was an angel in disguise – Jung Daehyun.
 
***
 
We had never spoken before, despite being in the same class for the entire year. He spoke to my friends, I listened, I spoke to them, he listened, but we had never actually exchanged a single word to each other.
 
 When he transferred to my school and joined our physics class, I didn’t think much of him. He sat in the seat he was in now, with Youngjae and Zelo, leaning against the wall and glancing around the classroom. When Youngjae and Zelo shouted across the aisle and asked me to help them with one of the questions in our textbooks, I remember feeling someone staring at me while I was reading. I looked up and saw that it was Jung Daehyun. He looked uninterested, extremely casual, as if he had been here all along.
 
To be honest, I thought it was slightly creepy at first, but before long, those eye smiles and his random rambling began to stir something inside of me. I began to notice him, wait for him to walk into the classroom, smiling like an idiot when I thought about how cute he was, but unfortunately, he had a girlfriend, back at his old school.
 
Of course he would have a girlfriend, someone as good looking as he was, as nice as he was, as talented as he was (I had heard him singing with Youngjae a few times and was blown away). I refused to admit to myself that I had a massive crush on him. No… I was refused to have any feelings at all for a guy who was already taken

***
 
Youngjae, Zelo and I were at the library studying our butts off for the past three hours before we decided to go and grab some lunch. As we walked out of the library, I noticed a couple walking hand in hand walking towards us. I sort of wished that I had someone who I could be all cute and couply with, but with my standards, I’d probably be lonely with only cats for company. I sighed and continued walking, trying to not keep staring at the incredibly cute couple walking towards us… I could not help but notice that the guy was really good looking. I couldn’t see him clearly without my glasses, but from what I could make out, the guy was really cute and the girl, really pretty. I felt a pang of jealousy. Of course.
 
“Hey Youngjae, that guy is really –“
 
My jaw dropped. Thank Goodness I stopped myself in time. Youngjae stared at me, puzzled before turning to the mysterious couple and grinning.
 
“Daehyun!”
 
“Hey! What are you guys doing?” he smiled.
 
“We were just going to get some lunch… Come with us!” offered Zelo.
 
Youngjae pushed him.
 
“Yah… Can’t you see he’s with his girlfriend! We’d be… third wheeling times three!” He snapped.
 
Daehyun chuckled and introduced her to us. She was incredibly pretty and from what I heard about her after that, she was incredibly smart as well. Yay…
 
“Umm… we’re going to go now! You guys enjoy your lunch!” smiled his girlfriend.
 
I quickly walked away, feeling more jealous than ever. There they were, cute couple, and here I was… just plain me…
 
***
 
A few months later, I found out that they broke up. I was extremely happy, yet at the same time, I felt so guilty for being really happy about it… This went against my “don’t fall for a guy with a girlfriend” thing. But despite the break up, every time I saw him, he was the same cheery self. It was as if nothing had happened at all… I kept wondering about their relationship, how long were they dating? Who broke up with who? Why did they break up? Not that I cared of course… They were none of my business…
 
***
 
It was the end of the year, and I still admired Daehyun at a distance. My friends told me to talk to him, but what would I say? There was no reason that we would talk at all, no logical reason. 
I stole glances at him throughout the lesson as usual and he would turn around to talk to Youngjae and Zelo, directing his gaze in my direction once in a while. I told myself it was nothing. I didn’t want to have my hopes up, only for them to come crashing down. He wouldn’t be interested in someone like me… He had no reason to be…
 
When the bell rang, I took my time packing my books into my backpack, making sure not to rush as I always did so I would leave right before he did. As I stepped into the aisle, he stood up and as he turned around to take his book back from Youngjae, his phone slipped out of his bag.
 
One of the guys who was pulling a table back to its original position stopped and stared at the phone, before deciding to leave it there and ran out of the class. I stood there, wondering if I should pick the phone up and give it back to him… It would give me a chance to actually talk to him.
 
I slowly bent down, picked up the phone and took a step towards him, only so that we were at an arm’s length away from each other. As I opened my mouth to say something to him, I felt my heart pounding against my chest, my legs, feeling as if they just turned into jelly and were about to give any moment.
 
“Umm… You dropped your phone…”
 
I held the phone out and looked down, avoiding eye contact with this insanely cute guy I had been crushing on for the past few months. He took his phone, glancing at back and me and the phone. I glanced fleetingly at him before speeding out of the room. Oh, my gosh… I just spoke to the Jung Daehyun…
 
Within a few seconds of walking down the hallway, I heard someone running behind me.
 
“Hey! Wait!”
 
I stopped and turned around, surprised that it was Daehyun running towards me.
 
I smiled at him, feeling incredibly awkward and all woozy. Why the heck was I feeling all woozy?!
 
“Hey,” he smiled.
 
“H-hi? What’s up?”
 
“You left before I got to thank you… If I left it there… and no one noticed, I wouldn’t know what I’d do without this thing… It’s crazy how much I’ve come to rely on this piece of plastic,” he chuckled.
 
Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg… We were actually talking… My heart… oh gosh…
 
I smiled awkwardly at him, my legs, feeling as if they had completely turned into jelly.
 
“You’re welcome…Aren’t you going to be late for class?”
 
“We have maths together!” he laughed.
 
I looked down, embarrassed, and continued to walk.
 
Daehyun finally broke the silence by chuckling.
 
I looked up at him, puzzled.
 
“You know, I’m surprised that we actually haven’t spoken before… I’ve actually wanted to talk to you for a while, but you never looked like you wanted to talk to me, or you left before I could say anything…” he admitted.
 
I couldn’t believe what I heard. Jung Daehyun, the angel in disguise, wanted to talk to me? I was dying to talk to him, but didn’t know what to say.
 
We stopped outside our classroom and stared at each other, people raising their eyebrows at us as they pushed their way into the class.
 
“You…”
 
He smiled at me.
 
“I’m glad that it was you who picked my phone up… What do you say about ice cream after school, so we can have a proper conversation after all this time?”
 
Author's note: Jung Daehyun = ❤ his voice, his smile, his rambling... Omg... Kekeke 
hope you guys enjoy! ^^