Daehyun

Secret Love

 

Note: insert your name in “~~~~~”

Your best friend’s name is Hyeri, she’s like a sister to you. You’ve been best friends since the first day you met in kindergarten. Your parents are also good friends, and when everyone’s all together it’s like a big family! You and Hyeri are both in 11th grade. You don’t have any siblings but Hyeri has an older brother named Himchan, who is a university student. Himchan tends to keep to himself but he always has the heart to look out for his little sister and her friend. Your family and Hyeri’s family live in the same apartment building but just on different floors, so you and Hyeri visit and hang around each other a lot.

You and Hyeri both attend the Busan Academic Program High school, or for short: B.A.P High school. You’ve always been envious of Hyeri and she feels the same way about you, but you don’t believe her because you think she just says it as your best friend. Hyeri’s always got everything she wanted without even asking, you could say she’s spoilt but not one of those stuck up types. You envy that she’s pretty, intelligent, has a brother and now to top it all up, she has a boyfriend. You’ve gotten to the age where you want one too!

“~~~ your time will come, there’ll be that one special guy who will embrace you into his arms and love you” you listened to Hyeri’s words but ‘when?’ you thought, when could that happen?

“Hey, let’s take your mind off things and grab a bite?” Hyeri asks.

“Sure, but it’s your shout! Haha” You say.

So after school, the two of you made your way to local shops filled with cute, boutique cafes and restaurants. The perfect place for some girl talk.  You both dine in a little cafe, finding a cozy spot to sit in with some hot chocolate whilst having a nice chat. You hear Hyeri’s tummy start to grumble and you both let out a laugh.

“Sorry, I’m just a bit…” Hyeri embarrassingly says before you cut her off

“Hungry? Haha I was waiting for one of use to say so sooner or later! Let me grab some muffins” you offered, giggling as you made your way to the counter.

Whilst in line, you pull out your money card from your wallet, when all of a sudden your other cards fall out and onto the floor. “Ah! No” You reach for the ground to collect your cards.

The guy in front of you turns around and bends down to help you. You put back the cards you collected and you look up to thank the guy who’s helping you. His face just distances away from yours, and he looks into your eyes.

“Ah, these must be yours Miss ~~~~” He reads your name off your ID card and offers them to you.

“Oh thanks so much….umm may I know your name?” You shyly question

“It’s Daehyun” he smiles cutely and shakes your hand

You notice that he’s wearing another school’s uniform, and you take a peek at the school logo. It’s Busan tech, which isn’t so far from yours so you know for the fact that he is a student.

“Thanks Daehyun, It’s nice to meet you” you give him a smile, shaking back his hand

“Order for Daehyun” The waitress at the counter calls out

“Well that’s for me! It was nice meeting you Miss ~~~~” He gives you one last cute smile, you could have sworn he gave a wink. He collects his drink from the counter and finds himself a seat in the café.

You feel a blush rush to your cheek. ‘AHHH DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?’ you have a moment to yourself with your hand on your chest, trying to calm your racing heart.

“Excuse me, were you waiting for something?” The waitress at the counter was calling at you

“Ah yes! Two chocolate muffins please” You snap out of your little fantasy and hand the waitress the money.

You make a rush back to your table where Hyeri was sitting and offer her the muffin.

“You wouldn’t believe it!!!!” you say excitedly with Hyeri carefully listening whilst taking a bite from her muffin and large eyes looking back at you from the shock of your excitement.

“I JUST SPOKE TO THE CUTEST GUY! I THINK HE COULD BE THE ONE” you say out loud, almost loud enough for the entire café to hear, let alone Daehyun sitting behind you from afar.

Hyeri looks happy for you and lets out laughter at your excitement.

“So who is he?” She Questions

 

“He’s name is Daehyun” ‘Ah Daehyun, what a cute name’ you think to yourself. “And he goes to Busan Tech! AND AND he’s sitting right there” saying the last sentence in a whisper, you point to Daehyun’s figure who is sitting several feet behind you, alone on a single seat sofa, sipping at his drink and on his phone. Hyeri takes a look over your shoulder. The expression on her face looks positive.

“Ah Daehyun” Hyeri examines him for a couple of minutes then she says “you really think so? He’s the one?”

“YES POSITIVE! I MUST HAVE HIM” you say, sounding a bit desperate but you’ve come of age to have a boyfriend, so why not?

“I really want to know everything about him, I need to talk to him!” you excitedly squeal.

“Haha then go for it! He’s just there! All alone, maybe he does need someone to talk to” Hyeri teases.

“No I can’t! We just talked and I don’t want him to think that I AM desperate” you say whilst turning your shoulder every once in a while.

“But I can’t just leave him! What if I never get to see him again? He’s always going to be on my mind!!! As my friend you have to do something!!!” you stress out

Hyeri laughs at your paranoia “Well here’s something that you’ll keep as a memory”

She flips out her iphone and takes a few pictures of Daehyun sitting in the distance. He sits there comfortably being his normal self without knowing what’s going on. The pictures actually come out nicely.

“Oh my! What are you! Give me that” You gasp and try to snatch the phone away from Hyeri.

You both have a good laugh as you fail to retrieve the phone.

“Haha relax, I’ll send them to you!” Hyeri laughs out loud.

At that moment, Daehyun picks himself off from his seat and makes his way to the door. He notices two girls having a good time laughing, he smiles at their happiness then he spots you. Hyeri notices he’s looking your way and she quickly taps you to get your attention to turn around. You stop laughing and turn, meeting your eyes with his.

Daehyun gives a sweet smile and says “See you ~~~~” before walking out the door and leaving the shop.

You didn’t even get to say goodbye back as he left. You just froze with your hand waving in the air. Embarrassed and shy you hide your face between your hands. You can’t believe what just happened.

“He’s so into you” Hyeri pokes at you

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe he remembered my name! He’s so cute!” You squeal

Once you’ve finished your muffins and staring at Daehyun’s photos with Hyeri you both make your way home back to your apartment building. Your heart was pumping that entire night. You couldn’t stop thinking about Daehyun and how perfect you thought he was. You knew you had a chance to see him again, thankful to yourself that you knew what school he was from and thankful to Hyeri for taking the pictures.

Before you fell asleep you take a last glimpse of Daehyun’s picture and message Hyeri.

You: thanks for taking the pics again! You’re truly my best friend! Night xo

Hyeri: Nws! That’s what friends are for! Sweet dreams xx~

Sweet dreams you had indeed.