Part 1

I Will Always Protect You Chansung (One shot)

 

One day Junho parents decided they wanted to adopt a child so hes brother wouldn’t  be lonely, when they got  to the orphanage, all 3 of them noticed a little kid in a corner playing by himself this caught their attention and  they were eager  to know more. Junho who saw him made hes way towards him within seconds. “Hey you” he said softly smiling  as he ruffed his hair. “What’s your name?” he tried again getting no response making him frown. Junho then decided he would just pick him up. He shocked the little kid as he turns to face him tears rolling down his cheeks as he starts screaming. Junho panics at first before smiling as he embracing him in his arms rubbing his back gently.  He hears him breathing softly. Junho smiles when he realises he had fallen asleep. Both Junho parent had been watching the whole thing at decided to adopt Chansung.

 

At first it was hard because Chansung never spoke a word, he only cried when he wanted food or attention.  Junho spend all his free time playing with him, he loved him like a brother and was so happy when his first words were “I love you Junho” he giggled as he hugged Junho.  “I love you too Chansung” he replied.

 

As time when by Chansung  was now  7 years old he started behaving and didn’t need Junho as much anymore  and they decided it was best if he when to school with Junho, days when by everything was okay till Chansung came home full of bruises and cuts, he cried his eyes out, searching for Junho but couldn’t find him. Junho had late classes and was unable to walk his younger brother home. When Junho arrived home he noticed Chansung on the floor shaking. He gasped rushing over to Chansung.

 

“What happened?”

 

“J-junho someone p-pushed m-me over” He cried into Junho arms. Junho lifted him up almost forgetting how heavy he was and brought him into his room laying him on the bed.

 

“Chansung tell me who did this?" Junho said in a serious tone wiping his tears with his thumb.

 

“I-I d-don’t think he meant it” he sniffed looking away from Junho.

 

He sighed lifting Chansung’s chin. “If you don’t tell me, I’m just going to have to find out myself” With that he didn’t say another word about it instead he changed the subject. “So you hungry?” Chansung’s face instantly lit up and he nodded.

 

-

 

The next day he walked Chansung to school like he always did but this time he walked him all the way to the front door not letting go of his hand for a second.  “You can go now hyung I’m okay

 

“No Chansung, I’m coming in with you, I want to find out what happened”

 

“No please don’t”

 

Chansung listen to me okay, I’m not going to let anyone hurt you ever so I need to find out who dared to touch you” he said sternly causing Chansung to pout as he finally obeyed.

 

 They both stepped into the school looking for the head teacher.  After no luck they just headed for the office. “Hi, do you know where the head teacher is?” he said hoping it wasn’t too far away.

 

“Yes it’s just down there take a left on the right” The women said pointing her finger.

 

“Okay thanks” he bowed before pulling Chansung gently down the corridor finally reaching the head teachers room. Junho knocks and then waits sighing he didn’t think it would take this long. The door finally opens revealing the head teachers face.

 

“Hi I’m Mr Yong, What can I do for you?”

 

“I’m here to talk about Chansung and what happened yesterday”

 

“Oh.. please come in” he said letting them in before closing the door behind them.

 

“so..?”

 

“I want to know what happened and how come he came home crying and covered in bruises?”

 

“Hmm one of the teachers mentioned it last night, I think it was a misunderstand and Wooyoung pushes him”

 

“Kim Wooyoung right? Junho said slightly pissed he would have to talk to Junsu about this later.

 

“Umm yes you know him?”

 

“Sort of, my parents know them more”

 

“Oh okay”

 

“Well thanks, I’ll be going now bye” Junho said before leaving.

 

“hmm hyung what you gonna do now?” he noticed his expression and he knew it wouldn’t end well.

 

“To talk to Wooyoung of course” He marched down the corridor leading to Chansung’s class room.  He stopped as he got to the door, he knocked once and then entered

 

“Sorry to disturb you but please may I talk to Wooyoung for a second”

 

“Sure, go on Wooyoung”

 

Wooyoung gulped when he saw Chansung holding on to Junho’s hand watching as he moves to hide behind his back.

 

“Well care to explain Wooyoung?”

 

“I-I it’s not what it looks like really, I didn’t mean to”

 

“Didn’t mean to what?”

 

I’m sorry okay, I was angry because someone said he took something of mine and I believed them and I pushed him and

he fell on to the concrete, I honestly didn’t mean to, I didn’t think it would hurt him that badly”

 

 “You know I could just tell Junsu about this, I hope you’re telling the truth! AND don’t you ever touch my brother again UNDERSTAND?”

 

Wooyoung’s eyes widen at the mention of his appas name “Please don’t and I’m sorry I won’t”he bowed his head.

 

“Good now get back to class” after that Junho decided it was best to just take his brother home and forget about school for today. 

 

That night both Junho parents didn’t return home and it worried him. Chansung didn’t seem to notice as he snuggled up to Junho slowly drifting off to dream land. “I will always protect you Chansung” he said kissing his forehead before falling asleep.

 

When they both woke up, things had changed completely; there were loads of people in their house, scaring Chansung as much as himself.

 

“What’s going on? He asked one of them as they carried on searching through their house.

 

“Your parents were arrest last night and we need to look for a few things”

 

“WHATT!!! WHY??”

 

“Sorry we can’t tell you why but come down to the station. We have a few questions we would like to ask you and your brother."

 

[At the station]

 

Junho and Chansung waited impatiently for them to talk to them both. “Hyung I’m bored, can we go home now?”

 

“I wish we could, but we can’t”

 

The doors open as he looks over...” Umm okay can we talk to Chansung please?”

 

“By himself?” Junho said worried because Chansung wouldn’t like it one bit.

 

“Yes, come on. Hurry up we haven’t got all day” The officer says as he grabs him roughly.

 

“What are you doing!!! Don’t touch my brother"! He shouted at the top of his lungs, seeing his brother struggling and crying.  He couldn’t stand it; it hurt to watch as his brother was being questioned. After about 5 minutes they finally let him go. Chansung came out not even looking at him but the floor.  Junho just picked him up and carried him all the way home.

 

Days went by, Chansung started acting like he used to and didn’t want to talk much, Junho just couldn’t handle it on his own anymore so he decided he would go see if Junsu could help him.

 

He approached Junsu front door, hoping he was in, knocking slightly he was nervous as hell, Chansung was playing up again and there was only so much he could take. The door opens and he was greeted by Junsu.

 

“Hi Junho….Oh is your brother okay and you look exhausted. I hear about your parents, its ”

 

“Yeah..” He breathed out causing Junsu to worry.

 

“Junho I think you should stay here for a while, looks like you need a break”

 

“Are you sure, Chansung is a hand full”

 

Junsu just smiles “I’m sure me and Taec can manage for a few hours while your rest”

 

“Thanks so much” he faintly smiles stepping into Junsu house.

 

“Come on Chansung” he said when Chansung just sat there on the floor.

 

“Chansung!” he sighs.

 

“Its okay, I’ll get him you rest” before he could say another word Junho more a less passed out on the couch.

 

“So Chansung, you coming in?” Junsu says getting down to his level.  Chansung just shakes his head staring at his shoes.

 

“Aww come on now, we have food” Chansung still wasn’t sure if he could trust the man in front of him but decided he would take his hand as Junsu reached out to him.

 

“That it” He smiles to himself. Trying to encourage Chansung to get pass the door but he just let go and stared at his hand. Junsu was confused till he realised the boy probably wanted to be picked up.  He was almost 10 years old and was acting like a child again… Junsu knew of this kind of thing hearing it from Junho parents.  He gently places the boy on his shoulder and carried him to the kitchen when he bumped into Taec.

 

“Babe who’s that?"

 

“Chansung, you know Junho brother, Wooyoung classmate?”

 

“Oh right, why are you carrying him isn’t he li-“ Junsu cut him off before he could said another word.

 

“I’ll explain later okay?” he smiles kisses his forehead.

 

“Okay babe” he replied leaving them in the kitchen.

 

“So Chansung how about you go play with Wooyoung while I cook you some food?” he said placing him back on the floor.

 

“hmm no its okay I play by myself” Chansung said nervously and he starts moving away from Junsu when a hand catches his arm.

 

“No need to when Wooyoung will play with you” He smiles calling his son “Wooyoung!”

 

After waiting what felt like 10 minutes, Wooyoung finally came down the stairs. “What appa?”

 

“Finally what where you doing up there? and can you play with Chansung while I cook dinner?”

 

“hmm but…I..”

 

“Now Wooyoung please”

 

“Fine appa, come on then” Wooyoung said to Chansung not getting much or a response. “Is this kid broken or what?” he muttered under his breath but both Chansung and Junsu hear it clearly making his appa cross with him and Chansung just ran off to find his brother.

 

“Wooyoung, don’t say things like that!”

 

“Well it’s the truth!! How am I meant to play with him when he doesn’t even move?”

 

“He has been through a lot you know that, hes not  broken,  he is just delicate, little thing make it worse and we will never get him behaving correctly If you say things like that to him, now go and  apologize to him”

 

“Fine” he huffed as he looked for Chansung, finding him hiding under the curtain shaking. He started to feel guilty. “Hmm Chansung, I’m sorry okay, I didn’t mean it” he said as he tried to get him out of the curtain but was unsuccessful.

 

“ P-please don’t hurt me” He choked out, Wooyoung’s eye widen realising he was probably scared of him after he pushed him over at school.

 

“I won’t, I promise” he said softly reaching out to touch Chansung as he stopped crying.

 

---

 Wooyoung was only a year old than Chansung but they were in the same class because he was held back a year for reasons unknown well as far as Wooyoung knew, both his parents wouldn’t tell him. Wooyoung was also adopted but it was a different situation, Junsu was 24 and Taec was only 22. They had been together over a year now and wanted a child. They both loved children and wanted to be a parent.  After a few weeks of nothing they was started to give up, The only child they knew was a kid called Wooyoung that lived down the street with his parents.  One day something happened and both his parents were killed in a car accident leaving the younger boy with no parents. Junsu and Taec decided on adopted him as they knew his parents fairly well and it would be best for Wooyoung  to be will people he knows.

 

The first few months were hard for all three of them but Wooyoung slowly opened up to them and he couldn’t be happier having them as parents.  Taec jokes around saying Junsu in the umma but Wooyoung decided to call them both appa in the end.