Chapter 18

Every Second To Loving You (H)

 

"U can't be like this Dara! U know that,ur life is really depends on those drugs in front of u right now,right?" Dr. Yoon point to the few bottles of medications on her desk. First she was scolded by Chaerin at the park earlier and now she had to listening to Dr.Yoon scold her because she never take any of her medicines from the beginning and Dr.Yoon caught her.
 
"It has been almost 3 months after I tell u that u have SLE and since that day u didnt take a single of ur medicines. Am I right? Who are u trying to lie now? U didnt lie to me instead u lying to urself!" Dr. Yoon look at Dara with her serious face.
 
"How did u know that I didnt take my medicines?" Dara ask while ducking her head.
 
Dr Yoon sigh. "Because every single of those medicines will give u a side effects but ur condition right now showing me the opposite. Dara,ur life really need these medicines. Dont u love urself? Dont u feel wasted? This medications is not cheap Dara."
 
"I don't think I'm worth to keep living." Dr.Yoon shooking her head listening to Dara answer. 'This girl is just too negative!'
 
"Just think positive Dara"
 
"This is not about being positive and negative. Its about how I over burden everyone who loves me! My parents was divorce when I'm still in the middle school. Since that day me and my sister living with my grandma. Our parents never really care about both of us and since that day I burden my sister so much! She had to working until midnight just to feed me. I was really happy when Lee's Heaven accept me to be one of their employees. I work hard cuz I want to repay what has my sis sacrifice for me but that was useless when I know I have this stupid disease and now when she's in trouble I cant do anything to help her! I have Chaerin who loves me but all I can do to her is I hurt her! I make her mad,pissed and annoyed because os this disease! So,it is better if I didnt take any medicines and I could die fast as expected."

"Hey! Hey! Where are u Sandara Park? Are u still at Korea?" Gummy voice and a knock on her desk bring her back to Lee's Heaven.
 
"Are u okay? What are u thinking?" Gummy ask concern. She pulled her chair and sit close to Dara.
 
"Nothing. I'm just thinking about my sis." Dara lying.
 
"Speaking of that, it has been 1 month and she still didnt back to Korea." Gummy staring at Dara. Their eyes meet for a while before Dara run her sight to the white wall.
 
"Losing someone is really hard Gummy. Bom really need her rehab. Thanks to Mr. Lee who's willing to sponsored her  when she said she need a rehab out of Korea for a while and Mr.Lee send her to US living at Lee's Residence at US he even hired the bodyguard for Bom."
 
"Who's idea was that?" Gummy ask. Dara took a deep breath. "Our Boss. Miss Lee. She's the one who asking her Dad to letting Bom staying at their residence and asking her Dad to hired a bodyguard to taking care of her during her stay there."
 
"Its hard to believe that Lee family is really care about us sister..." Dara just silent. She spacing out again. Lee Chaerin....that name.... It has been 1 month  after they arguing at the hospital park but until now Chaerin still mad at her. Chaerin didnt talk with her even though when they sitting next to each other.
 
"Yah!! Dreaming again!! I'm asking u what is ur relationship with our Bosses??" Gummy slap Dara laps making Dara
startled.
 
Dara roll her eyes and look at Gummy. "Do u really want to know?" Gummy nodded her head quickly.
 
"As u know, our Boss Miss Lee. She love me more than her assistant and she tell her Dad and Mr. Lee didnt mad at her because she love a girl instead of guy,he even encourage our Boss to confess after loving me for 2 years silently and thats how my relationship with our Chairman started and he forbidden me and my sister to call him in formal ways,he want us to call him Dad! Happy now?" Dara ask with her sarcastic voice.
 
Gummy jaw dropped but she still manage to asking. "Woahh... I didnt expect our Chairman is really a sporting Dad. So what are u waiting for? Her Dad already blessing ur relationship with our Boss. U guys should just get married!" Gummy show her thumbs up and smiling.
 
"Thats not gonna happen Gummy! Shut off ur ridiculous dreams!" Dara pinched Gummy cheeks.
 
"Yah!! Why not?!"
 
"Because we never ever be together!" She lean her eyes to Chaerin room.
 
"Why is it really hard for u to accept her? Do u know how frustrated I am when Boss said u rejecting her during our Annual Dinner."
 
"Because I dont like her!" Her heart throbbing suddenly as it against the words that just slipped out from .
 
"But why?" Gummy still didnt give up.
 
Dara sigh then she raised her voice a bit and say, "Because I dont like her! I dont like her! I dont like her and I dont love her! Are u satisfy now?" She wanted to added but she's weird seeing Gummy expression. Her eyes widened showing that she's shocked. 'Did my voice really shocking her?'
 
"Dont say it out loud! Dont say it again and again cuz I'm not deaf yet to hear u!" The voice behind Dara making her shocked too. Chaerin! She turn her body to facing Chaerin slowly. "Boss..." Her words stuck on .
 
Chaerin slamming some files on Dara desk roughly with her red face. Mad. Dara and Gummy didnt dare to look up at Chaerin and Dara start anxious seeing Chaerin mad right now.
 
"Read this file!! We have a meeting on 2PM with Board of Directors today!! Dont make any mistake!! U have 1 hour and 30 minutes to read this!!" Chaerin yelling loudly to Dara making all of her staff inside the office shocked. Breathless, Chaerin leaving the office and Dara frozen on her seat. This is the first time Chaerin treating her this way.

Chaerin drove her car to Han River. Trying to calm her mind. As she arrivedd she didnt bother to stepping out. She slide down her car windows and turn of the car engine. She leaned her back and head on the seat and sigh heavily.
 
'I gave u chances Dara but u just waste it! 1 months! But u didnt bother to persuading me instead u keeps hurting me! I had no choice but to hurt u with my plan! See how stubborn and ego this girl named Sandara Park!'
 
Chaerin took her phone inside her pocket and dialled a number. After a few second someone answer her call. "Tiff......."

5 minutes before 2PM the meeting room was already fills with 12 Directors and 7 Lee Heaven biggest investors including Japanese investors and Directors. Chaerin enter the meeting room following by Dara. She turn on the laptop and the amazing building design was shown on the white board in front of them.
 
"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming to this meeting despite of ur busy schedule." Chaerin start her presentation. "As u all know,today we are here to show u Lee Heaven mega project which it design by myself and a slots idea with our business partner from Japan, Chairman Ziroroy." Chaerin point to the Mr.Ziroroy politely while smiling. Then she turn her gaze back to the big screen. While on her seat Dara giving all of her focus on Chaerin. Seeing how professional Chaerin handling with the Directors and explain every little things to make the investors interested on her new project to make them invest their money to the new project, Dara was totally impressed.
 
"Diamond Residence..." Chaerin paused for a while. Her vision blurry suddeenly. Dizzy again. She felt queasy.
 
"Miss Lee, are u okay?" One of the director ask her. Dara was already felt worry on her seat seeing Chaerin pale face.
 
"I'm fine. Lets continue." Chaerin use all of her strength to stand properly. "Diamond Residence is a..." Suddenly her kneels getting weak making her almost fall on the floor. Luckily she holding on to the edge of the meeting desk quickly. Dara stand up. Anxiously, she approaching Chaerin who shooking and squeezing her head.
 
"Boss, are u okay?" Dara ask full of worry while helping her sit. 
 
"Miss Lee. If u feeling unwell we can postpone the meeting." Kwang Min Chairman said, concern too.
 
Chaerin shooking her head several times to ease the painful inside her head. Dara trying to massage her head but she jerk Dara hands softly.
 
"Its okay. Just lets have a break for 10 minutes." She said and all of them nodded. Chaerin excused herself and walking to washroom quickly and throwing out everything inside her stomach until she feeling better but her knees seems so weak to stand up properly.
 
While Dara stand next to the sink hearing Chaerin throwing up really ripping her heart. She prevent herself to crying when she heard Chaerin flushing the toilet and stepping out. Without any words she shoved a bottle of mineral water to Chaerin and Chaerin take and drink it.
 
"Thanks." 
 
Dara look at Chaerin. "U should do the surgical." Finally, she manage to open to talk about that with Chaerin. The blonde girl didnt look at her instead she keeps staring herself on the mirror. "I'll be fine. Dont care bout me." Chaerin replied with a cold voice then she walking out from the toilet. Dara sigh and following Chaerin  to meeting room again.
 
"I'm sorry about just now. Maybe I'm restless this lately. Shall we continue now?" And all of them nodded and Chaerin start her presentation once again.
 
"Diamond Residence is a mixed development project consisting of luxury condominium and shopping center with 530 million cost for the development value. For this project I would prefer a hire purchase concept and this project expected to be completed by mid-year of 2016." Chaerin take a breath and continue again. She point the red lazer to the tallest building.
 
"This building has 15 floors and has 228 of condominium units." All of the people inside the meeting room nodded their head while Dara was totally fascinated. 'Where did she got this brilliant design and idea?' Then Chaerin point the lazer to the round building in front of the tall building.
 
"And this is a shopping center. We will rent or sale the shop lots to a traders who are interested with our shops with a affordable price. This is the best investment we could offer to the public because this condominium sale price includes full furniture. We will build Diamond Residence at Incheon near to the Incheon University and Hospital with Haneda Beach view on the back. I'm sure this project will be well received by the people who living at Haneda as what The Mayors of Haneda told me and profit each year is estimated to exceed 1 billion dollars" Chaerin stop. She look at every people inside the meeting room one by one then her eyes stop on Dara.
 
"Any question?" Even though she point the question to everyone but her eyes stick on Dara. Through Dara face,she knows Dara was really impressed by the building that she design.
 
Jeju investors representing Minho Constructions raise his hand. Chaerin look at the young investors. "Yes Mr.President?"
 
"If u are not reluctant I want to know when will u launch this Diamond Residence?"
 
"Simple.. thats why I'm inviting our...." She stop when someone entering the room. Her Dad. All of the people inside the room wanted to stand up giving a respect to him but he stop them.
 
"Nevermind. Just continue." Mr.Lee bow his head to them and take a sit on the back. Chaerin clear .
 
"About ur question Mr.President. The launching date is depends on our largest investors here. So, far we already had 4 investors from Japan and they invest in a big amount. If u all agree to invest in this project we will launch the Diamond Residence on May 19. 2 months from now." The young investors nodded.
 
"Anyone else?" 
 
"If we make a investment on this project what guarentee can we get?" Chairman Hong ask representing all of the investors.
 
Chaerin smile. "Profit. As I said we will get over 1 billion dollars profit from this project." She said with her confident face. She look at her Dad and see Mr.Lee nodded at her.
 
"Are u sure?" He ask again.
 
"If I'm not sure I will not design this building and I will not wasting ur times with this meeting." Chaerin really confident making Dara almost claps her hand. Since this is her first time to attend this mega project meeting she didnt know what should she do or say so she just silent and listening and never though she could see Chaerin changing character inside this meeting room. 'She is really cool! Daebak!' Not sure how many times she been giving a compliment to Chaerin inside her heart.
 
"President Lee, may I know whats the function of the small building with those glasses on the left side?" President Kang ask. Chaerin chuckled and point the red lazer to the glasses building. "This is just a additional of my idea but since u ask I will explain."
 
Chaerin press the intercom on the desk. "Gummy,bring her in." Chaerin said. "Yes Boss." In a few second Gummy entering the room with a beauty lady next to her. All of eyes on her who was standing on the door. Chaerin approaching her and lead the beauty lady to her seat. Mr.Lee and Dara looking at each other weirdly with a curious face. Dara could feel her nerve shaking.
 
"This building will build up as a boutique and it called Fany Diamond Boutique and I build this boutique for my girlfriend, Tiffany Mae Eun Kim." She point to Tiffany who sitting on her seat showing her shocking face. Mr.Lee and Dara stood up on their seat automatically. Shocked. The room silent for a moment and some of them whispering to each other.
 
"Let me introduce my girlfriend. Tiffany Mae Eun Kim." Chaerin held Tiffany hand. "Maybe all of u didnt know her..." Someone cut Chaerin from the back.
 
"I know her. She is the prettiest model and queen of America. My daughter really envy her. She even design few of her own outfit for the fashion show. I will invest on this boutique cuz I'm impressed by her talent and President Lee u cant refuse! I will send the agreement document to u next week." Chairman Jun said making Chaerin chuckled and after a minute the room fills with applauds. Everyone clapping their hand except Tiffany, Dara and Mr.Lee who was still in shock.
 
Dara eyes stick on Chaerin but the girl didnt look at her instead Chaerin keeps staring at Tiffany. Her hand on Tiffany shoulder. Patted it lightly. She giving a sweet and warm smile to Tiffany and after Tiffany recover from her shock she look up at Chaerin and there Dara saw Chaerin peeking on Tiffany nose and smile brightly. Chaerin didnt even look at her.
 
Dara cluntch her chest. Something is pouring inside her heart. Warm and thick. She can feel it. Her heart bleeding and a pain is hard to describe with words. 'Girlfriend! She introduce Tiffany as her                     girlfriend to all the Directors Boards??!'
 
And again her heart ripping and bleeding badly when she saw Tiffany hugging Chaerin and Chaerin kiss Tiffany on her neck. She feeling suffocated to insist her tears in the end she decide to walking out from the meeting room without any words and running to the washroom and there she crying her heart out loud. Hoping to lessen her pain with crying.

"What are u doing Lee Chae Rin??" Mr.Lee ask with his firm voice as they entering Chaerin room after the meeting.
 
"I'm doing nothing Dad. U should be happy because all of them agree to invest on our project." Chaerin slam her body to the couch and massaging her head. Dizzy. Mr. Lee sit across her.
 
"I'm happy about that but what I'm talking right now is Tiffany! That was not on our discussion! U said u want to build that glasses house for Dara but now u want to build a boutique on it and give it to Tiffany and introduce her to our Boards of Directors as ur girlfriend! Do u forget why and how this Diamond Residence exist? And why did u named ur design as Diamond Residence? This is ur dream but u just ruined it! U said u design and build this project for Dara! U want to name the glasses house under Dara name! Diamond is Dara! She shinning brightly! Expensive and precious like a diamond. Too expensive,not everyone can afford to have it but once they have it they will taking  care of it like they taking care of their own life! This is ur words when u design this building and how u describing Dara. Did u forget that? " Mr.Lee mad making Chaerin getting dizzy. She cant even open her eyes.
 
"Dad.. I'm sorry about that. I changed my mind last minutes. I think we will get a profit with that boutique since we have a potencial and talented designer with us and I didnt expect that President Kang and Chairman Jun willing to invest on the boutique."
 
"Then how bout Dara?" Mr.Lee unsatisfied. Chaerin is hard for him to predeict this lately. She can changed her mind anytime.
 
"Just let the times to decide about it." She said weakly.
 
"What are u planning?" Mr.Lee question making Chaerin open her eyes and straighten her body.
 
"What did u mean Dad?"
 
"I told u Chae. U're my daughter. Every single of ur movement I know everything behind it. I can accept it when u let Tiffany stay with us because u dont want to let her staying a lone and now by giving Tiffany the building that u design for a long time for Dara I smell something fishy behind it. Are u revenge on her? U did this purposely right?"
 
Chaerin frowning.  "Revenge on her? For what?"
 
"Yes. For rejecting u and hurting u!" Mr.Lee words making Chaerin speechless for a while before she chuckled.
 
"This is not a game Dad. I dont want to waste my time to revenge or whatever.."
 
"This is a game and u started it first!" Firm voice from her Dad making Chaerin gulped. "I dont know why u siding her fervently Dad."
 
"Because I'm standing on the right side! U making a wrong movement! U are just too impatient Chaerin. I asked u to touch her heart softly and sure that will take a long time but what u did now is making everything even worse! U used Tiffany and hurting Dara with ur drama do u think she will say she love u too even when u announce the whole world that u going to marry Tiffany? Wake up Lee Chae Rin! U are adult! We both know u choose the painful ways!" Mr.Lee start nagging! 'Oh Honey! Our baby making my life complicated too!'
 
Chaerin running her eyes around the space. Thinking. "Dad,whatever I do Dara will never love me. I'm sorry Dad. I didnt mean to be rude when I'm making this decision without dicussing with u first..but just once Dad..believe me..let me do it by my own."
 
Mr.Lee silent. His brain tangled. "Okay. Do anything u want but I want to say this too.. if u cant let Tiffany staying alone I cant let Dara staying alone too since Bom is not here. She will stay with us!" Seeing Chaerin wanted to open Mr.Lee cut her quickly. "No but Chaerin! I wont accept any excuses! She will move in next week! And remember what I told u.. Dont sleep in 1 room with Tiffany!" Then, Mr.Lee walk away with a satisfied smile on his face. 'I'm ur Dad Chae. U cant defeat me!'