Meeting Halfway

Beyond This Sky

Saturday, 12th January, 6:30-7:00 PM    BIGBANG CONCERTT!! :D mosh pit/near the front

"YEEEEWWWWW!" yelled EunJung in excitement. Her face was gleaming, just like a little child who just got told to eat chocolate for breakfast. She looked gorgeous, even in winter wear. She was in a printed skater skirt, and sported black tights, paired with a chic faded denim blue coat with studs. Her long, golden brown wavy hair fell perfectly over her shoulders, putting the last finishing touch to her outfit. She looked casual, yet sophisticated. 
Choosing comfort and warmth over style, I wore my long cat printed jumper, complete with novelty ears on the hood, and a pair of black skinny jeans. EunJung insisted I brushed my hair out for this occassion. So as to appease her, I'd made sure it fell straight down over my shoulders instead of having it like i'd usually wore it, in a low ponytail. On my right wrist sat my special bracelet with a shiny bird charm that dangled happily on the strap, the finishing touch to my outfit. 

As the lights dimmed and the sound system began to play,  the crowd began to cheer, a series of synching chants. I could feel the energy around me, the atmosphere was amazing. 
There came the 5 members of Bigbang, making their grand entrance, ascending from beneath the stage with a flourish. All 5 were encased in individual capsules, each sporting an oxygen mask held in different positions. Of course, that detail fell inline with the concert theme of 'Still Alive'.  The smoke machines puffed to life, stage and strobe lights flickering in sync with a remixed version of the 'Alive' intro blasting out in full force. Then all at once, everything went quiet. 

"HOW ARE YOU DOIN' JAPAAAANN!?" G-Dragon pipped, waving his arm in greeting. 
The crowd, including EunJung and I, cranked into full party mode, shouting enthusiatically, excitedly and inexorably.
"WAAAHH! JiYoung Oppa jjang!" shouted EunJung. G-Dragon began rapping the first line, and the other 4 members stepped out of the capsules in unison, skipping and stepping with immense energy in synchronisation as the band broke out in song. They're certainly alive!
All 5 of them were decked out in classy white suits and pants, a contrast which brought all eyes on them as hip backstage dancers dressed in black swaggered on stage and began performing series of impressive dance moves. 

The dynamic group of 5 moved swiftly and cleverly on stage, performing the choreography like it wasn't difficult at all. I could sense all the fangirls swooning over Taeyang as he stood out, singing the chorus of 'Tonight'. 
T.O.P, as usual sported the sunglasses, even in the dark atrium. He moved and sang seamlessly, his y, sultry, voice filling the ears of us all. 

It's one thing to listen to Bigbang on recording, but it's an entirely different experience watching them sing one catchy song after another live. You really get to feel how real and tangible they are, to witness how they move and to witness their emotion in their song.

Over the next enjoyable hour, EunJung and I totally forgot that we were squished like sardines in the middle of a mosh pit, and were totally immersed in the music of Bigbang that happened onstage. I know she nearly melted when G-Dragon and T.O.P came out, performing 'Don't go home'. They were so close to us, touching outstretched hands of the fans, giving high fives, fist pumps. All the girls around me, including EunJung and I, melted inside as the pair swaggered by to where we were, making eye contact with us. I could not contain huge smile that spread across my face as I high fived G-Dragon with my right hand. I'm sure my face was still plastered in that (possibly creepy looking) smile as T.O.P accidentally touched his hand against my bracelet. Our eyes met, his face filled with curiousity as we exchanged glances.  At that split second of a moment, it felt like an electric pulse through my veins, his touch had jolted me awake. I felt his hand trying to hold onto mine, but separated as G-Dragon tapped him on the shoulder leading him back onto the main stage. He briefly shook his head, clearing his (cute) curious expression and quickly sank back into his charismatic self, moving and singing effortlessly to the music, as if nothing had just happened.

I stood and stared at my right hand in disbelief. I must have looked like an idiot. 

Was it just me, or did T.O.P and I, just share a moment? Why did he want to hold me hand? Maybe he was looking at me weirdly because of my expression. Or did I have a piece of spinach stuck between my teeth and he thought it looked funny? 

A million thoughts raced through my head.