First Meeting

Unexpected

 

 

Seungho had been quietly snoring in his living room, when the front door loudly banged against the wall. Startled out of his sleep, he rolled off the couch and fell to the floor.

“Hyung! Hyung! Seungho hyung!” Mir’s loud voice came from the doorway. “What are you doing on the floor?” the boy asked as he walked into the living room in his socks.

“I fell,” he replied, rubbing his shoulder.

“Why?” the younger one asked, a confused look on his face. Seungho glared at him.

“Because you were yelling like a possessed idiot,” he snapped. “Why are you barging like that into my house?”

“Oh, right. You’re not gonna believe who I saw at the park today!”

“Some idol girl group?”

“Wha—? NO! Misty!”

“WHAT?”

Seungho quickly got up from the floor and walked up to Mir, and almost shook the younger boy by the shoulders.

“Yeah, she seemed quite shocked when she saw me. Then again, she had been in the men’s bathroom,” Mir said, walking to the couch Seungho had just left and plopped himself down. “Oh, and she left this.” He took out a phone from one of his pockets. Suddenly, it started ringing. Startled by the sound, Mir dropped the phone to the floor, where it rang four more times before stopping.

Seungho bent to pick up the phone, which hadn’t suffered any damage from the fall. He was going to scold Mir for mistreating such a precious device when Byunghee came in.

“Hasn’t anybody taught you how to knock?” Seungho complained watching as his best friend took off his shoes and put on a pair of slippers.

“I just came to get Mir for his sister,” Byunghee said, shrugging. “New phone?”

“No, it’s Misty’s phone,” Mir said, “I found it at the park. Why couldn’t you stay with noona a little bit longer?” he whined.

“She said to bring you home, so I’m bringing you home.” He turned to Seungho. “You’re gonna give that back, aren’t you? That poor girl must be freaking out right now.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Seungho said.

“Can we at least look at the photos? Maybe she has some really y ones.”

“Don’t be such a ert, Cheolyong, that’s my job,” Byunghee said, hitting the boy with a cushion. “Since I’m here anyway, why not?”

“You don’t get to be a ert about other girls, hyung, you’re dating my sister!”

“She’s not going to find out about this, right?” Byunghee replied in a threatening tone.

“N-no, of course not, hyung,” Mir stuttered, watching Byunghee’s hands with fear. He didn’t want to get flicked in the forehead by him, especially if he was wearing those rings.

“Good.”

They crowded around Seungho as he went through the phone’s menu, and then to the photo albums.

“Oh, come on! It’s all photos of a cat!”Mir exclaimed in disappointment.

“It’s a cute cat, though,” Seungho said, feeling defensive of the cat for no reason.

“You’re just saying that because it’s her cat!”

“Who’s that?” Byunghee cut in, pointing the the screen. The two sisters were standing besides a boy around Mir’s age, their arms linked with his; Joon stood behind the siblings making rabbit ears with his fingers over the boy’s head.

“That’s the boyfriend,” Seungho said.

“No, dork, the other boy. The one in between the girls.”

“That’s Sanghyun, the youngest brother. I told you guys about him!” Mir exclaimed.

“There’s even photos of Joon, why aren’t there photos of her?” Seungho said in disappointment.

“Maybe she doesn’t like sel-cas?” Byunghee said.

Their discussion of photographs was cut off by the phone ringing again.

Dara calling, flashed on the screen below a photo of a cute girl making a V sign towards the camera, puffing her cheeks.

“Aren’t you going to answer?”

Seungho pressed the green button on the screen and put the phone on loudspeaker so the other two could hear, knowing perfectly well that if he didn’t, they’d nag at him until he did.

“Yeoboseyo?” he said, waiting expectantly to finally hear her voice.

Um, I believe you may have found my phone,” a male voice said. The three friends looked at each other, puzzled. “I was wondering if I could get it back.”

“That’s odd,” Seungho said, trying to keep his cool. This was supposed to be Misty’s phone! Why was a guy asking to get it back? Was this some kind of trick of Mir’s? If it was he was going to kill the younger boy. “My friend—he’s the one that found it—said that a girl had left it in the men’s bathroom.”

There was a moment of silence on the other side of the line.

Uh, yeah, I... I—I borrowed it to my cousin. She’s a bit clueless sometimes so she probably went into the men’s bathroom by accident.”

Byunghee looked incredulously at the phone.

“Well, I guess we could meet up tomorrow so I can give it back to you,” Seungho said, ignoring his friend. “With one condition.”

“What is it?” the boy asked, sounding slightly scared.

“I’d like to meet your cousin.” Byunghee smacked himself in the head.

“What?”

“Are you crazy?” Byunghee hissed at him. Seungho looked cluelessly at his friend.

With a huff, Byunghee snatched the phone away from him and turned off the loudspeaker.

“Sorry about my friend, he can be a little weird when he doesn’t take his medication.” Mir snorted at this and Seungho kicked Byunghee in the shins. He ignored them and continued with the phone call. “No, no, of course not... we’ll give back your phone, don’t worry... Yeah, I know the place... okay, see you tomorrow.” He cut off the call and turn to look at Seungho with a glare. The oldest wasn’t happy. “Have you lost your mind, Yang Seungho? How could you tell the poor kid you wanted to meet his cousin in exchange of his phone? The poor boy was almost in tears by the time I hung up!”

“What’s wrong with it? I just wanted to meet Misty!” Seungho exclaimed.

“Yeah, and he was totally going to sell his cousin for a cell phone,” Byunghee said, rolling his eyes. “You’re meeting with him tomorrow to give him back his phone,  and I’ll be going with you.

“Me too!” Mir exclaimed in a cheerful voice.

“No, why? It’s just a kid. I don’t need bodyguards!”

“Don’t be such an idiot. I’m going to make sure you don’t say something else to scare the kid.”

“And I just want to meet him! He sounds like fun.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Seungho sat at a table at the small coffee shop with Byunghee and Cheolyong sitting by his sides. His arms crossed over his chest, he glared at the door, waiting for the phone owner to come and pick it up.

His plan to befriend the boy, so he could later introduce him to his cousin, had been ruined by his friends, so now he was glaring at the door and practically scaring everyone who came through.

Finally, after ten minutes, a young boy—Sanghyun, he reminded himself—, entered the coffee shop, followed very closely by none other than Lee Joon, Misty’s boyfriend.

Doesn’t he have other friends? Why is he always around the Parks? Seungho thought viciously about the taller guy, as the newcomers made their way through the other costumers. With a haughty expression, that was mostly covered by large sunglasses, Joon led the younger boy towards their table.

“Where’s the phone?” he asked, brusquely, once they were in from of Seungho, Byunghee and Mir.

“Hyung!” Sanghyun said. “Be nice.”

Joon huffed and turned away, ignoring them.

“Um, hi,” Sanghyun, sounding embarrassed. “Could I get my phone back, please?”

“Yeah, sure,” Byunghee said, and poked Seungho in the ribs. “Give him his phone.”

Seungho glared at him, rubbing his ribs, and took the phone out of his pants' pocket.

“Here,” he said, throwing the phone on the table.

“Thanks,” Sanghyun said, looking uncomfortable. “Um, I... thanks again for finding it, and for agreeing to meet me here to give it back.”

“Yeah, it wasn’t a problem,” Byunghee said with a smile. “Hey, maybe we could hang out some other time.”

“Yeah, sure, why not?”

Seungho watched his friend exchange phone numbers with the boy, his arms still crossed, his foot tapping on the tiled floor. Damn you Byunghee, why did you have to come and ruin everything!

“Is that it?” Joon suddenly said. “Let’s go.” He grabbed Sanghyun by the wrist and pulled him towards the exit. Sanghyun managed to turn around and waved feebly at Byunghee. Seungho frowned at this, having a strange feeling of déja vu.

“Bye!”  Byunghee called watching the pair go. “That Joon guy isn’t very nice, is he?” His question was met with silence. “What’s up with you two?”

“Nothing,” Seungho said quickly. “Can we go now?”

“You look like you were on a lemon just now.”

“Shut it,” he snapped, and got up from the table.

“Mir?”

The two oldest turned to look at their maknae, puzzled by his quiet demeanor throughout the whole meeting. He was usually very loud, even around strangers.

“Don’t you guys think he looked kind of familiar?” the youngest asked, his eyes were fixed on the door, his body rigid.

“Duh. We were looking at his photos yesterday, remember?”

“No, I mean... I feel like I’ve seen him before that, but I don’t know from where,” Mir answered.

“You’re imagining things, Mir,” Byunghee told him. “Come on, let’s go before Seungho explodes from all that anger he’s holding in.”

“I’m not angry.”

“Sure you’re not.”

Mir slowly got up from the table, a small frown still on his face.

The three of them left the coffee shop in silence, lost in their thoughts about this meeting, all of them revolving around Sanghyun and Joon.


this is starting to get interesting, is it wrong that I'm geting excited myself? xD.

I've tried to update as fast as possible but college is a and I barely have time to sleep these days. I really hope it won't take me a month to update the next chapter, but that'll just depend on the workload I get from school :(

Again, thanks to everyone who has read, subscribed and commented, it really makes me happy to see that people actually like this story and that I'm not insane for writing it :D, and thank you sooooo much to whoever upvoted my story (sorry I can't remember your username, but you are awesome!) I squealed really loud when I saw it. Thank youuuu~~~

Don't forget to comment with your opinions about this chapter, I love to hear what you think!

Until next time~~!