Run Away

Unexpected

 

Sanghyun felt uncomfortable as they walked into the hospital. He still felt it was his fault Byunghee had ended up in the emergency room, but Seungho had told him several times that it was just an accident.

“And if you keep blaming yourself, I’ll hit you,” he had said as they walked towards Byunghee’s room.

“Seungho! Sanghyun! Have you come to visit me on my deathbed?” Byunghee asked when he saw them. Sanghyun looked down at the floor, unable to look at him in the eye.

Seungho sneered at his friend and punched him in the arm.

“Ouch!”

“Quit the drama, you’re not dying. Where’s Mir?”

“He went down to the cafeteria with Hyojin to get something to eat.”

“Did she yell at you?”

“Look at my arm, man! One more punch, and they will have to cut it off!”

Seungho laughed loudly and was quickly joined by Byunghee. As their laughter died down, the two oldest turned to look at Sanghyun who had remained silent the whole time, fiddling with his sleeves.

“I’m sorry, hyung,” he said, his eyes still down. “This is all my fault.”

“Oh, here he goes again,” Seungho muttered, rolling his eyes. “Stop it, Sanghyun, I’ve told you a million times, it was an accident.”

“Yeah, but—”

“Look,” Byunghee said, a kind smile on his face, “Seungho is right. It was an accident. I should have asked if you had any pets, so it’s really my fault. Stop blaming yourself. If Hyojin hears you, you are dead.”

That seemed to cheer up Sanghyun slightly, and he laughed a little.

“No, really. If she hears you say it was your fault, she’ll kill you.”

“You see, there’s a reason why Byunghee and Hyojin are such a good pair,” Seungho said.

“And what would it be, Yang Seungho?” A voice asked from the door.

Hyojin stood at the threshold, arms crossed over her chest, her foot tapping impatiently on the floor. Behind her, her brother was hiding his laugh behind  his hands.

Seungho looked at her with a scared expression, and shook his head.

She can’t be that bad, right? Sanghyun thought. Deciding to save his hyung, he got up from the bed, and with a very respectful bow he introduced himself.

“Hello, I’m  Park Sanghyun,” he said.

“I’m Bang Hyojin, Byunghee’s girlfriend,” the girl said, with a sweet smile. “Did he scare you a lot?”

“What?”

“With his allergy,” she clarified. “He didn’t tell you he was allergic to fur, did he? I met your sister yesterday; she told me.”

“Oh. Well, yeah, a little.”

“You bad person!” Hyojin said, and hit Byunghee again.

“Ow! Stop it, woman, it hurts!”

“How could you scare the poor boy like that?”

Sanghyun turned away from the bickering couple, smiling slightly at their playful banter. His eyes fell on Cheolyong, who was staring at him with an intense look, and didn’t look away when they made eye contact. It made him nervous.

He knows. He knows. Oh, God, he knows.

Some time later, a nurse came to tell Byunghee that his discharge papers were ready, and he was free to go, so while he changed out of the hospital gown he was wearing, Sanghyun excused himself, and went to wait outside. He felt like he was suffocating in that small room.

But it’s not like I lied to them on purpose; I just didn’t know how to explain.

He watched the bustling of cars outside the hospital as he waited for the others, to come out. He was trying to find an excuse to leave and get away from that boy, but he couldn’t think of anything.

“Sanghyun! You should have told me you were out here, I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” He turned around, and saw Seungho running up to him.

“Sorry, hyung.”

“We’re going to grab some lunch, do you want to come?” Seungho asked, looking at him expectantly.

This was his perfect opportunity to leave, all he had to say was that he had to go back home, that Dara would get worried, and he could get away from Mir—

“Of course he’s coming,” Hyojin said, smiling widely at him.

Seungho turned to him. He had  a strange look in his eyes, that Sanghyun couldn’t decipher.

“Sure,” Sanghyun said. For a moment, he thought Seungho had looked disappointed at his answer.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“What’s up with you, Cheolyong? You’ve been very quiet today.”

Mir turn to look at Seungho, who was looking at him worriedly.

“It’s nothing, hyung.”

“Mir, don’t lie,” Seungho said, dropping his voice to a whisper, so the others wouldn’t hear him. “I know there’s something bothering you.”

They were walking to a Japanese restaurant, because Byunghee had said he wanted to stretch his legs after being “locked” in the hospital all night. They had all complained, but Byunghee had pulled his “I’m a sick person who’s just coming out of the hospital, you should do everything I want” card, so they had been forced to agree.

Currently, Hyojin was talking to Sanghyun rather cheerfully, holding his arm tightly, as if she feared he would run away. Seungho could only hope she didn’t make the boy uncomfortable with her odd questions, especially not at the interrogation he had just been subjected to. Hopefully, Byunghee would have some sense and stop her from traumatizing the boy.

Mir turned to look back at the trio in a very unsubtle manner, and looked at Seungho.

“It’s him.” Seungho didn’t need to ask who “him” was. He had noticed Mir always went very quiet whenever Sanghyun was around, and would stare at him, as if trying to figure out a puzzle that was on his face. “There’s something weird about him.”

“Weird how? He seems pretty normal to me.”

“I don’t know, hyung. I keep having this feeling, like I’ve seen him somewhere before, but everytime I try to remember, all I can think of is bunny ears.”

“Bunny ears? You need to stop playing those weird videogames, Mir.”

“It has nothing to do with videogames, hyung,” Mir said. “I’m thinking of a headband.”

“Maybe he reminds you of a girlfriend?” Seungho said, frowning. It didn’t make sense.

Mir’s expression darkened for a second. He looked at Seungho, a frown on his face, his eyes darting back towards his sister and Sanghyun, who were still locked in a, rather one-sided, animated conversation.

“Yeah, maybe he does.”

Seungho could see the cogs turning in Mir’s head. He preferred not to say anything else, since he knew that when Mir got in this mood, it was impossible to get decent conversation out of him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

That night, Mir’s words came back to Seungho as he worked on a paper for school. Shaking his head, he tried to dismiss the thought.

He’s just being weird again.

He turned back to his laptop, and re-read the last paragraph he had written. Just when he was about to start writing again, the doorbell rang.

It’s almost midnight, he thought with a frown. It’s probably one of Byunghee’s friends.

“Byunghee, get the door!” he yelled.

“I’m busy!”

“I’m busy too,” Seungho said under his breath, but he still put down his laptop on his bed and went to open the door.

He was shocked to see Sanghyun standing in the hallway, a bag hanging from his shoulder.

“Hey, hyung,” the boy said, biting his lip. “Can I come in?”

Nodding, Seungho stepped aside to let the boy in, and watched  Sanghyun as he took off his shoes.

“Is everything alright?” he asked, closing the door. His eyes fell to the bag that Sanghyun now held tightly to his chest.

Byunghee came from the living room, a curious look on his face, that turned to suprise when he saw Sanghyun standing there.

“Sanghyun, what are you doing here so late?” he asked.

Sanghyun bit his lip again.

“I ran away from home.”


I am so super sorry for this incredibly late update. You see, I had planned something for chapter ten, but then, as I started writing, it kind of felt incomplete so I had to write something else, and I was aboely blocked, so I couldn't think of anything, and I've been struggling with this and next chapter since my last update *cries*.

Also, I just started school again last week, and I need to focus on it, so I don't know how often I'll be able to update. *cries more* This is a sort of slow chapter, and the next one too, but things will pick up very fast after that. Sorry that it's kinda short, I had to cut it there. 

Detective Mir strikes again hahaha.

Don't forget to comment with your thoughts on this chapter, and thanks to all my new subbies, you guys rock!

Until next time~~! (that I hope won't be too long)

P.S.: I just realized that Thunder and Joon have a song with Wei Chen called Run Away. LOL.