t h e final

Should've Said No

t h e f i n a l 

 

 

 

Mia closed her eyes and slowly lay down on the soft pink colour blanket that she has spread on the rooftop of her apartment. Slowly the tears slip down her face. Her head feels so heavy. Her heart are aching like someone was stabbing her continuously.

Hurt.

Restless.

Dissapointed.

Angry.

All that kind of feelings are building up in her heart. She can’t take it anymore. She feels like no one understand her and the best way to end all the pain is death.

Death ?

Mia open her eyes. Death. Why would she think of it ? She’s not that type of women who stressed out themselves and decide to kill themselves. No. She is not one of them.

 But .. why now ?

‘why should you live if the people you loved always end up hurting you?’

‘no. Mia, don’t do anything stupid. Killing yourself won’t solve any problems. You’re a strong girl. Right?’

Do you know the feeling when your heart and your mind are telling you two different things ? the confused feeling you felt. And when you don’t know which one should you follow.

 But Mia has decided.

Mia stand up and walk slowly toward the edge of the rooftop. One more step and everything will be over. That what she want, right?

She closed her eyes one more time and this time, she know that she won’t open them back.

One

Two

Th-

“Mia !” before she could end her life, she feel someone pulling her back down and her fragile body crashed into the man’s hug.

She shiver slightly; didn’t dare to open up her eyes.

“Mia ? Mia ? open your eyes” she feel someone slapping her cheek softly. Slowly, she open her eyes.

“Jae-Jaejoong ?”                 she whisper softly.

“yes it’s me” Jaejoong answer. He hold her petite body and help her to sit back on the blanket. Why did he feel that she’s getting skinny and her body seems like she have been sick for weeks ? her eyes telling him that she’s been hurt.

By someone.

For a minutes, they just sit without talking to each other. Mia was biting her lips. She know what will Jaejoong questioned her. Stupid. How can she forget that her bestfriend is living in the same building as her. And she even try to killed herself. Damn stupid. She should choose other place to commit suicide.

“what are you doing there Mia?” Jaejoong deep  voice enter her ear. Her heart suddenly beats like crazy. Why did she feel that there is hurt and concern tone in his voice ?

Mia quiet for a second. What should she tell him ?

“Answer me, Hwang Mia. What the hell you think you’re doing ?” this time, Jaejoong turn his head and look into her eyes. Deeply hurt by her action.

“I-I .. I was just looking at the scenery down there” Mia answer nervously. Jaejoong chuckle. Did she think that he would buy that?

“I’m not stupid Mia. I saw everything” Jaejoong said. He turn back his head, avoiding eye contact with his bestfriend.

“then why did you ask ? you know what I want to do, why did you stop me?” Mia said without showing any emotion on her face. Jaejoong was surprised by her sudden answer.

How could she .. ?

“because you’re my friend , Mia ! you’re my damn bestfriend ! why did you think I saved you ?!” Jaejoong spat out.

“bestfriend ? go to hell with those stupid phrase ! since when I am your bestfriend ?! Since when Kim Jaejoong ?! Tell me ! Can I call you my bestfriend when you’re not even here for me when I need you ? Can I even call you my bestfriend when you’re leaving me soaked in the heavy rain while you went and picked up your so called girlfriend ? Can I even call you my bestfriend when you don’t even remember my birthday ?! Can I call you my bestfriend when you just leave me there at the club like a stupid damn woman while you’re the one who begged me to accompany you. Can I call you my bestfriend when you don’t even tell me that Yunho is cheating behind my back ?! Tell me Jaejoong ! How could you suddenly came here like a superhero who tried to saved me when you didn’t even care for me for the past few days !? How could you Jae .. how could you ?!” Mia said with tears streaming down her face.

Jaejoong was stunned.  He never know about this before. Did he hurt her that bad ?

“Jusr go away Jae. I don’t need you nor Yunho. Both of you can go to hell !” Mia said her last word before she ran down to her apartment.

Jaejoong ran after her.

No, he can’t lose his bestfriend. Yes, he admit he’s wrong but he will not let Mia commit suicide and make him feels guilty for the rest of his life.

Mia open her apartment’s door. She shut her door close as soon as she enter the house. She heard Jaejoong’s calling for her. She lean on the door and slowly sliding down on the floor with tears still streaming down her face.

“Mia ! Mia ! Open the door please !” Jaejoong shout from the outside.

“Mia please don’t do something stupid ! please open the door ! I know you’re in there ! Open up !” Jaejoong try to beg her.

“Just leave Jae. Leave” Mia said, sobbing.

Jaejoong sigh . He lean on the door and slide down to sit on the floor.

“Mi-Mia … I know you can hear me. So, please listen what I want to tell you” Jaejoong paused for a second. He can hear Mia’s crying at the other side of the door.

“I-I admit my wrongs. I know I’ve been neglecting you since I’m with Eunhi. I don’t know why I’ve been acting up like that. I don’t know why I am so ing believe Eunhi when she said all the bad things about you. I’ve known you since diapers. I should’ve known my own bestfriend. But .. stupid I am, I believe those stupid rumours instead of asking you If it is real. It’s my fault. I know and I’m sorry. But .. Mia, you’re my bestfriend. I can’t lose you. When I saw you want to jump out the rooftop, I felt like my heart want to dropped. I can’t imagine my life without you. Princess .. *chuckle* do you still remember when I called you that ? you hate it so much because it’s too girly for you but I insist on calling you that. Do you remember when we’re 5 , where we went to the beach and you ask me to build up a house for you ? I made it. It’s not the best but you still smiling happily when I done doing it. But then suddenly a bullies came and destroy  the house castle I made for you, you was really angry back then and kicked his ball. You’re just 5 though. Since then, we always protect each other. I’ll never let you go and you’ll never let me go. We promised to be friends forever right ?. Being stupid as I am, I hurt you and broke those promise. I felt bad. I felt so bad. I felt like I want to punch myself for hurting you. I don’t know I’ve hurt you that bad. Please, come back. I want my bestfriend back. I’m sorry Mia. I’m sorry. But trust me, I don’t know anything about Yunho cheats on you but I want to know so that I can beat him up. Mia .. please ?”

For 5 seconds, the world seems so quiet. Jaejoong wait for her answer but guess, she still hate him. Giving up, he stand up and want to walk away.

“Jae-joong” a soft small voice calling for him. Jaejoong stop on his track. Did he hear it right ? Is that Mia’s voice ?

Suddenly a pair of arm wrap up around his waist. He heard a clear sobbing behind his back.

“Jaejoong .. I’m sorry” Jaejoong turn his back and wrap his arm around her waist.

“no, I’m sorry. Forgive me.” He said while caressing her hair.

“sorry accepted” Mia said as she look up at him with a smile.

 At least now, she have a reason to live.

“come on princess, you’re shivering. I’ll make some hot chocolate for you. It’s your favourite” Jaejoong said and lead her back to her apartment.

 

Jaejoong sit down beside Mia and hand in her hot chocolate.

“mind telling me about what Yunho did to you ?” Jaejoong wait for her reaction.

Mia took a deep breath ..

Flashback

It’s Mia and Yunho 3rd Anniversary. 3 years. It’s been 3 years since they confessed to each other. Everything felt so right but like the folks said, there will always be up and down in life and also in relationship. The couple would not called a couple if they’ve never fight.

Same goes to Mia’s and Yunho’s relationship. Sometimes they fight and sometimes they loved. But everytime they fight, there must be someone who want to take advantage of the situation but .. their loved is much stronger than that. That’s why they still stick to each other. Well, that’s what Mia’s think.

When she taught that she had choosed the right person, the person proved to her that she’s wronged. But hey, it’s not the first time.

Mia open Yunho’s door apartment.  Yunho had gave her the copy of the key house so she can came anytime she want.

Well, maybe this time, she chose the wrong timing.

Mia walked through the hallway, making her way toward Yunho’s bedroom. In her hands, there is one small piece of cake for their anniversary mini party. She want to celebrate only with Yunho.

But as she walk closer to his room, she heard a strange noise.

Yes, ‘that’ noise.

Wait , Yunho won’t do that kind of things to her right ? She trust him .. still. But her heart felt like being threw to the ground and broke in to pieces when she open the door and saw Yunho was on top of a girl, and did not realize that she’s there.

Is that so good until he didn’t realize that his ing girlfriend was watching him ?

“I should have realized it sooner” Mia said, locking her eyes with Yunho.

 Yunho stopped.

Mia want to walk away but the woman face makes her stay. She can’t believe it. Did Yunho just slept with her biggest enemies in university ? Did he just ed the girl he said not his style ? Did hejust …

“Go Ju Hee” Mia gritted her teeth.  The girl named Ju Hee just look at her without any traced of guilty on her face.

“It’s Over” She ran out from his apartment and just drop the cake on his expensive floor.

Yunho who seem to catch the situation very fast taking his pant and ran after her.

“Mia ! Mia !” he called but Mia ignored him.

“baby girl .. please I’m sorry” Yunho caught her wrist and spin her around.

“why Yunho ? why ?” Mia said wanting to hear the explanation. She want to hear him speech out. Did he want to denied it ?

“I-I .. I was lost Mia. We’re fighting over and over again. Ju Hee came and .. she offer herself to me. I’m too stupid to realize who I’m fcuking with. I.. I don’t know. I’m sorry baby girl, I’—m sorry”

“then if some other girls came when you’re having a fight with me, and they offer themselves to you, you’ll take it ? that’s how you released your stress when we’re arguing ? ing some random s you found ?! After all this time, whenever we fought, you find some easy woman to hit on ? is it ? is it what you do for this past 3 years ?”

“I thought I want to fixed things up when I came over but .. well, you’ve made my life easier. It’s not fixing things up. It’s breaking up. Goodbye Jung Yunho” Mia turn her back before Yunho could see she was crying.

But then she stop on her track.

“you should have been mine and only mine but you just proved to me that you have no right to be with me. You know what ?  .. you should’ve said no. You should’ve said no and baby ..

you might still have me” with that she wlaked away with tears on her face leaving Yunho kneeling in his place. Her first love. Her first heartbreak. It’s over.

 

Flashback end

 

“that stupid man !”  Jaejoong cursed.  Mia chuckle.

“you know, I’ve never had a dream come true. Not before I met him .. he takes me up to the night sky. He helped me acrhieve my dream but then, he’s the one who broke it.” Mia look down. Tears start to form again.

“Shuhh – don’t worry. Okay ? forget that stupid bastard, he’s not worth it” Jaejoong said

“you’ll find someone better than him .. trust me” he said and Mia looked up as she smile at him.

“thank you Jaejoong .. thank you” 

 

 

 

note to --yatluvg : i think it's short a couple of words. tell me if i need to add more. I'm making this at night and i'm very sleepy -.- thanks for reading ! good luck for those who enter the contest !