I'll Give You My Heart

I'll Give You My Heart

Minho's POV:

I saw her again this morning. She was sitting on the same bench in the hospital's yard. She was again with headphones in her ears and she was holding a book in her hands. Like always her hair was hidden under a kerchief. The sun's rays were "touching" the girl's face like every morning... I'm going to be discharged from the hospital soon, so I guess it's a good idea to go and talk to her...

I sat down on the bench next to the girl and casted her a glance. She didn't saw me or maybe she just wasn't interested in my presence.
"Hi!" I said to her, but I didn't received an answer. "Hm..." suddenly an idea appeared in my mind and I went to my hospital room. "Yes! I still keep them!" the sticky notes, which were always there with me in my school days...They could always help with something! I haven't went to school from almost three months and that's why I was a bit shocked that I still keep with me the sticky notes.
I took a pen and went back to the girl.
I took a note and placed it next to her.

She looked at it, then she looked at me and smiled. She had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen! I thought that after this she would take off her headphones and say something to me, but she didn't.
I pushed the sticky notes towards her and left the pen right next to them. She took them and wrote something.





That was all Sulli wrote and she stood up.
"Wait!" I yelled, but she continued her way...
I was watching her getting far. Even with the hospital's clothes I could still see that she was really skinny. Probably it was because of her illness...

The other morning I woke up with the idea to see Sulli again. I looked over the window and there she was: On the same bench, with her headphones in hear ears and her book in her hands. And today it looked like the sun was shinning only for her.
I took the sticky notes with me, but this time I took and pink ones.Green for me and pink for Sulli.
I sat on the bench and stuck a note next to her.


I pushed a bit the pink sticky notes towards Sulli and she took them.





Then Sulli left.
And today I was watching her going away. I wanted to make her talk to me, to share with me her sadness or joy, because...because...watching her for so long I think I had fallen for her...

I pointed myself toward my room. There was nothing to do outside and Sulli, obviously didn't wanted to talk. Before I enter my room I heard my mom and the doctor speaking.
"He's going to get worse, Ms.Choi."
"No! No! It can't be! I wont let it! My son...My precious son!..." my mother started crying.
"Ma'am..."
"Mum..." I entered the room. The both of them widened their eyes. They were shocked that I heard their conversation.
"Minho..." my mother reached her hand and my cheek.
"Everything's fine, mum!" I smiled. "It's meant to be that way..."
"No!" yelled my mother. "You are just a child! It's not meant to be! You can't die! Live! Stay with me!" she fell on her knees and put her face in her hands.
"I'm still here..." I sat on the ground next to her and hugged her.
The doctor decided to leave us in private and left the room in silence.

I should think of a way to make Sulli talk to me. It's not that I have much time left...I want to spend my last days with Sulli's company. With the company of this shy, but extremely pretty girl.

 

Sulli's POV:
I wanted to see Minho today too. Only he can make me smile.
"It would be nice if we didn't met in this horrible place..." I thought. "I wish I had a normal life..."
It looked like the weather was going to be good. I took my book and my player again and went outside.
"My favorite place..." I thought, when I saw the bench from a distance. The place where I met Minho for the first time. "What's this?" I asked myself, when I saw a part of the bench covered with sticky notes.


I started laughing when I read them.

Suddenly someone back-hugged me. I was surprised at first, but then I heard Minho's voice.
"Shh...It's me..." he said calmly. Then he let me go and wrote something on a note.


I smiled and Minho smiled at me as an answer. He was really beautiful when he was smiling.
I wrote him something and stuck the note on his arm.


He nodded.
I put off my headphones and handed them to him.
"I can't hear anything." Minho wrinkled his forehead.
"Mhm..." I smiled.
"So you were listening to nothing?" he asked.
"Yes..." I sat on the bench.
Minho sat right next to me.
We were sitting in silence and after a while he broke it.
"Why are you feeling ashamed of yourself?"
I looked down. I didn't wanted to talk about it.
"Because I'm sick..." I said quietly.
"So what? I'm sick too..." Minho smiled for a while then his expression became serious. "From what are you suffering?"
"Heart...I need a transplantation, but there's no donor. And if there's no donor I wont live much. Month or two... Plus, my dad and I can't afford buying a heart even if there was one somewhere..."

Minho's POV:
I saw how her eyes became red and I felt sorry for asking her about her illness. I should've known that not everybody accepts the idea of dying like I do - with a smile on my face.
"Sorry..." I looked aside.
Sulli took her notes, wrote something on one of them and she stuck it on my forehead.
I unstuck it to see what was written.


"Hey!" I yelled and Sulli laughed. I love to hear her laugh. It was like melody. I started to tickle Sulli. I wanted her to be happy, to laugh and I wanted to hear her high-sounding laugh.
"No! Stop!" she yelled, as she was trying to get rid of me. "It tickles so bad!"
Sulli's laugh was echoing in whole hospital's yard and it was making my heart beating faster and faster.
"Wait!" she yelled. "My kerchief is going to fall..." Sulli said but I didn't stop until I saw the fallen kerchief. Suddenly everything became quiet, extremely quiet.
Sulli picked up her kerchief and put it on her head.
"I'm going in my room..." she said and started running toward the hospital's entrance.
"Wait!" I stopped her. "Why?"
Sulli turned her back on me.
"Do you really want to look at me, even when you saw how I look without my hair?"
I didn't said anything. I couldn't imagine how she felt...
"That's what I thought!" said Sulli with a shivering voice and went inside.

Sulli's POV:
Why did I even expected something to happen? Everybody gets scared from me when it sees that I'm bald...
"I'm so ugly!" I started crying out loud before entering my room.
I felt somebody next to me, but before I could see who was that a paper was stuck on my forehead.
It said:


I looked aside and I saw Minho. He was smiling to me. Then I looked down. I was so ashamed!
"You're pretty!" said Minho. I felt his arms around me. "Even prettier!" he kissed me on the head.
Dear God! That was the most beautiful thing that had ever happened to me. I want it to last forever...

Author's POV:
The days were passing really quickly for both of our characters. They spent their time together, laughing, telling stories, getting to know each-other. They had started to love each-other, without even realizing it. One thing was for sure: Minho couldn't live without Sulli, and Sulli couldn't live without Minho, but...

Sulli's POV:
I had already stopped counting the days spent in hospital. My bad thoughts disappeared and they were replaced by good thoughts. Thoughts for Minho. I felt really attached to him and he was the reason to wake up with a smile on my face. I was full of life and I really wanted to live. It was all because of Minho.
"I should tell him the good news!" I stood up from my bed and went to his room.
Last night I was told that a donor was found and the heart will be donated free. Finally I was going to lead a normal life outside this walls.
"Minho?" I knocked on the door and went in. He was lying in the bed and watching through the window. "Is everything OK?"
"Of course!" He smiled. "What brings you here?"
"I wanted to tell you that the doctors found a donor for me! I'll live, Minho! I'll live!"
"That's really nice..." he replied without many enthusiasm in his voice.
"What's wrong? Aren't you happy about me?" my smile faded.
"I'm happy, of course!" said Minho.
I stood up and went to the door.
"I'll leave you alone...It looks like you're not in a mood for company. My transplantation is tomorrow, just so you know." I closed the door behind me.

Minho's POV:
I didn't wanted to act bad with Sulli, but I felt so bad that I wont see her anymore. That's why I wasn't exactly sure if I wanted to spend my last day with her, because after that it'll become more difficult for me to say "bye" to her smile, her laugh, her shinning eyes, with her at all...
"I'll leave you alone..." Sulli said and opened the door. "it looks like you're not in a mood for company." she was almost out when she turned back and said "My transplantation is tomorrow, just so you know..." and she closed the door.
"I know..." I said quietly. "I know everything, Sulli..." I was talking like she was still in my room. But she wasn't! I was alone... Today I had to see her leaving without smile on her face. It hurt me to see her sad...

On the next day,
Sulli's POV:
I don't know how long have I slept after the operation, but I woke up with a feeling of freedom. I was free from my old heart and I got a new one, which was going to make me company for the rest of my life.
I put my hand on my heart's side.
"You're beating strong!" I said with a smile on my face. "Now I can get out of here!" I looked around the room. And then I saw something strange on the wall in front of me.
"Is that Minho's sticky notes?" I stood up and went closer to them to see what was written.



"He always surprises me!" I smiled. "But why he didn't came to say this in my face..."

"Why is he saying this?" I raised my eye-brow. "What's going on?"




I made a step backward. What did all of this meant?

"No!" I yelled. I hid my face in my hands. "Minho!" I started crying. "You fool!" I yelled, as I was putting my hand on my heart's side. Minho's heart...
I saw a note on the ground:

"Minho..." I the sticky notes. "I love you too!"

 


Author: So guys, that was it! The idea came to me suddenly, so I wrote it as fast as I can. Hope you liked it... :)