You are the key.

You are the key.

 

Claire's POV

I can't believe that this is actually happening. After all the paperwork I had to go through, I am in line for the SHINee world concert! 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I spent everything for this VIP ticket. My life-long dream will come true in a span of minutes.  I used to listen to SHINee at work, I can't believe I'm goona hear their songs live! I work at a record store. And I was lucky to have today as a day-off! I've lived in Korea for a year now and I must say, Korea is the ultimate fangirl's destination.

SHINee. SHINee. SHINee.

Just thinking about Key, his smile, his eyes, his perf skin~ AHHHHHHHHH.

If there is something that I would want to ask Key... I'd ask him why he doesn't have a girlfriend yet...

I mean, I don't get it, aside from the Sasaeng fans... I can't think of any reason why.

He has beautiful girls around him everyday. 

Okay, okay. I'm up next. I gave the ticket to the ticket collector, duh. 

I walked in confidently but then~

Ahjussi: "I'm sorry, Ma'am but this is a fake ticket."

My eyes widened. NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This is not happening.

Me: "No, I'm sure. I bought it off the internet but it was a legit seller, I paid thousands for that!!"

Ahjussi: "I'm sorry, but you can't come in without a genuine ticket. NEXT."

NOOOOOOOO, you did not just cut me out!

Me: "NO. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS TO ME. I spent all of my money just to get here. YOU HAVE TO LET ME IN. PLEASE, LET ME IN."

I was crying. Can you blame me? KEY~~~~~

Ahjussi: "I'm really sorry, Ma'am. But if you don't leave this second, I'm going to call security."

Me: "You can't scare me off, you know. I don't care if I get into prison, I HAVE TO WATCH THE CONCERT, I HAVE TO SEE KIM KIBUM, I HAVE TO SEE KEY."

Then, he whispered something into his walkie talkie.

Next thing I know, security came onto me and said that they were going to "peacefully " me out of the venue.

NOOOOOOOOO. I'm fighting for this. 

"I HAVE TO SEE KEY~ I HAVE TO SEE MY BOYS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I SPENT EVERYTHING FOR THAT TICKET! NO. I'M ATTENDING THE CONCERT! NO, YOU CAN'T TAKE ME OUT."

Everyone was staring but I didn't even care. My baby~~ They kept on pulling me and trust me, their grips on me hurt.

We were almost out when someone wearing a black blazer with a white shirt underneath approached us.

Guy: "Is there a problem here?"

Ahjussi Security 1: "This girl wants to come in, Sir."

Sir? I figured that he was like SHINee's manager or something.

Guy: "And why can't she?"

Ahjussi Security 2: "She has a fake ticket. It seems like she was fooled by bogus sellers."

Guy: "Do you really have to her out this way?"

Ahjussi Security 1: "She is making a scene, sir."

Guy: "I don't care, she's a girl. A beautiful one, at that. You should have been gentle. And is it her fault that she got fooled? She just wants to watch the concert. That's it. Is there something wrong with that?"

...... Silence.

Go, manager! Oooh, Manager thinks I'm beautiful.

Ahjussi Security 2: "We apologize, sir!"

Guy: "You may go, she's coming with me."

I bawled again. Thank you, manager!

He grabbed my hand and we passed the other way.

OMO! AM I DREAMING? BECAUSE IF I AM, DON'T WAKE ME UP! NEVER WAKE ME UP!

No one was inside the venue yet. 

"WAHHHHHHHH~" This is so... surreal. 

He lead me backstage. 

"Thank you, Ahjussi!"

Guy: "Ahjussi? Really? You think I'm that old?"

I couldn't see his face because he was wearing this cap. But I can tell that he has perfect skin~

Me: "Aren't you... their manager?"

I heard him chuckle. 

Guy: "Do I look like a manager to you?"

He removed his cap... my jaw dropped. 

ASDFGHJKEYYYYYYYYYYY

He yoohooed in front of me.

Guy, I mean, Key: "You said you wanted to see me?"

THAT SMILE. OH GOD, I CAN DIE NOW.

"I- I - Can I- can I - can I hug you?"

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and a hug was the first thing that came into my mind.

And to my surprise, he did!

I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. And he called me beautiful awhile ago. AHHHHHHHHH!

Key: "Not too tight~

I heard him laugh.  Oops, aish! So embarassing. I released him.

Key: "I felt your heart beating. Don't be nervous, I'm not going to eat you.."

Then, he winked at me. HE WINKED AT ME. *dies and reincarnates*

Me: "I can't believe this is happening."

Key: "Well, believe it.... wait, what's your name?"

Me: "Claire. My name's Claire."

Key: "Hmm. Claire. I like it."

HE SAID MY NAME. KEY SAID MY NAME. *dies and reincarnates again*

Me: "I have dreamed of this moment a million times before. AM I DREAMING?"

Key: "No, you're not. THIS IS ALL REAL. "

Me: "That's what you say in all of my dreams. Aish, I must be dreaming again."

I shook my head.

Key: "You're not. Because if you're dreaming, will you be able to feel this?"

When he said that... he leaned towards me and kissed my cheek!

HE KISSED MY CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. My face went red. My eyes widened. My heart went wild.

Key: "You're really cute, Claire. Kekeke~"

HE SAID MY NAME AGAIN.

He looked at his clock. I looked at mine, too. It was thirty minutes before the concert.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Key: "I have to go. It was nice meeting you, Claire. I hope you enjoy the concert.  See you again soon!"

He was going to walk away but I grabbed his hand.

Key: "Why?"

Me: "Let's take a picture, please. I may never meet you again..."

Key: "SURE."

I got my phone out and then.. *click, click, click

It was in burst mode. 

KEY AND I HAVE A SELCA. *dies and reincarnates for the third time*

Key: "I really have to go now, Claire. "

He walked away.

Then, I remembered, the question that I wanted to ask..

"Why don't you have a girlfriend?"

He looked back at me..

"Because my heart's still locked. Enjoy the concert, Claire! Just choose a seat, okay? Bye!"

He winked. AWWWWWWWW, SO ADORABLE.

He disappeared and I just stood there at that exact point.

I stared at my cellphone.

And I knew, this is not a dream.

I just met... the love of my life.

____________________________________________________________________

I was sitting in front row.

"Noona~ Neomu yeppeo~~"

I was jumping out of my seat the whole time. AHHHHHHHHH! They are so amazing! They're all so perfect. All the members waved at me.

After "Replay", it was Key's solo. I screamed. I couldn't contain my feels.

Key: "Let's all take it down a little bit. This song is dedicated to the last person who embraced me. You know who you are."

He then again, winked at me.

The fans shouted "JONGKEY!" and I just laughed. 

"jeo bitbangure bichin maeul geurimja maemdolmyeon~ "

It was the song he sang on a radio show once.. it was  "Embrace my soul"

I cried the whole time. Aish, I'm just so happy! SO SO HAPPY!

It was all a rush and before I knew it, the concert was over.

Here comes the post-concert depression. 

They said goodbye. I waited for them to go out the concert venue. 

Yes, I waited for two hours.  I have to say goodbye to Key.

Then, I heard fans screaming. This is it. They're going out!

I saw a familiar cap..

"KEYYYY!"

Our eyes met, I wanted to get close but the security was in the way.

And that was it. 

I cried again. 

I know that I'll never be the same.

____________________________________________________________

"HEY, CLAIRE. PLEASE STOP STARING AT YOUR CELLPHONE AND WORK~ I'm going out, okay?"

"Yes, Ms. Seo. Take care."

I was staring at our Selca. AHHHH, It's been a month and I'm still experiencing post-concert depression.

I just can't forget about it. Hell, I'm never going to forget about it.

I heard the door chime ring.

"Good day, welcome to our record shop! Please just call me if you need any assistance. "

Yes, I say that every single time someone comes in.

I changed the background music to SHINee because.. I love them so much.

A customer approached the counter to buy some albums.

Customer: "Yah~ kids. Be careful, okay? You might break something. Here, miss."

I punched her items then she payed for it. I handed her the plastic.

"Thank you, please come again."

Just as I said that, I heard something fall to the ground.

My eyes widened. NOOOOO THE SHINEE ALBUMS.

Customer: "Aish, kids! I told you to be careful! You guys are making me crazy! Let's go. I'm really sorry for the mess they've caused."

I just let them leave, there was no use in getting mad and besides, nothing got broken.

I was picking up the albums when the door chime rang again.

"Good day, welcome to our record shop! Please just call me if you need any assistance."

I hugged the albums. So precious~

Customer: "How are the SHINee cds? Are they selling well?"

Me: "They're selling very well, sir. Would you want to buy~"

I stood up and I saw this familiar cap..

No, this can't be.

I slapped myself, left and right.

"KEY?!"

He removed his cap and I saw his perf face again.

Dugeundugeundugeun~ 

Key: "It's manager." He grinned.

Me: "What~ what are you doing here?"

Key: "I'm here to buy an album.."

Me: "Really? What album? Let me help you.."

I walked to the counter and opened the computer database.

Me: "What album are you looking for?"

I asked him seriously then he suddenly laughed out loud.

Me: "Yah~ why are you laughing?"

Key: "You actually believed that?"

Me: "You're not here to buy an album?" o.O

....................

Key: "I came here to see you, silly."

I came here to see you, silly. I came here to see you, silly. 

His words echoed in my head.

Me: "What?"

Key: "Do you want to hear a story?"

My head was floating so I just nodded.

Key: "There was this girl waiting in line for a concert. But it turned out that her ticket was fake. She acted wildly when the security escorted her out and kept screaming. I couldn't believe that she was crying for the performers. She said she spent everything for that moment,  she wanted to attend the concert that much. She wanted to see one member in particular, she wanted to see me. Her innocent tears flowed for people who didn't even know her. I felt touched. So I let her in. She was beautiful and was extremely cute too. I felt her heartbeat when I hugged her.  I kissed her on the cheek to convince her that she wasn't dreaming. She took the chance and we took a few pictures together. I had to leave her because the concert was about to start. I sang for her. I wanted to talk to her again after the concert but the security was in the way. Days and weeks passed and I never got her out of my mind. I only got her first name and I thought it would be impossible to see her again. But I tried, I asked my manager to look for her. And luckily, I found her.... she's standing in front of me right now."

Dugeundugeundugeundugeun~

"Will you step out of the counter now, Claire?"

I was shaking as I walked out.

We were face to face. I couldn't speak, I couldn't even blink.

Key: "Claire, can you do me one favor?"

Me: "W-what?"

Key: "Can you ask me the same question you asked me before?"

..... what question? OH TH-THAT.

Me: "W-why don't you have a girlfriend?"

Key: "Because my heart's still locked. But guess what?"

Me; "Wh-what?"

Key: "You are the key. Claire. You unlocked it. So, please...

 

will you go out with me?"

My heart beat wildly. Of course, you all know the answer.

I couldn't bring myself to speak.

So I just kissed him on the cheek. 

He turned red. I laughed.

"I'll take that as a yes."

He hugged me tight.

My heart was beating out of my chest. 

But I felt his heart doing the same.

AND THAT'S WHERE IT ALL STARTED.

All aliong, I was the key.

I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK THAT I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY...

THAT HE IS MY KEY.