Chapter XIX

Super Junior's: Battle of Maknaes

After the trip

Henry: We’re here.

Eunice: Woah. Nothing has changed. Henry-ge, you should remove my photo from your wall. It’ll be misunderstood.

Henry: Why?

Eunice: Henry-ge, things are different now. I’m not your girlfriend anymore. I don’t want to do anything that can be misunderstood by my boyfriend.

Henry: You really like him, do you?

Eunice: I love him.

Henry: You don’t love me anymore?

Eunice: To be honest with you, my love for you before was now replaced with anger. But I am keeping this anger into myself because I don’t want to let Crystal see that I’m losing. I want her to feel that she hasn’t won over me yet.

Henry: Eunice, I still love you.

Eunice: Well, I don’t love you anymore. If we keep on talking about this stuff, I rather stay in a hotel tonight.

Henry: But Eunice….

Eunice: Not stopping? I’m going! (carries her bag outside Henry’s apartment) To be honest, now that I’m with Henry-ge, I’m confused with my feelings. Good riddance, Henry-ge.

Henry: (hugs Eunice) Eunice, don’t leave me. I can’t leave without you. I know that it’s crazy because I’m the one who left you first, but can’t we start anew?

Eunice: No, Kyuhyun-oppa is the only one for me. (gets herself away from Henry)

 

Henry’s POV

I won’t stop until I get you back Eunice. I know you’re not yet over me.

 

Eunice’s POV

Henry, you know that you’re my first love, right? But you broke my heart into pieces. That’s when Kyuhyun-oppa came to fix it. What are you up to now Henry? Are you trying to hold unto me for good, or are you gonna break it again? I’m only for Kyuhyun-oppa, you’re too late Henry…. Too late. Aish, so cold. Why is it so cold today?

I’m going international, international, international go go!

Eunice: Wei? Coach Lin?

Coach: Yep, it’s me. I heard you’re back in Taiwan. Your gege told me that you wanna join the grand prix? Is that true?

Eunice: Ahhh, yeah?

Coach: Well, when are you gonna start your training?

Eunice: As soon as possible. As you can see, I want to beat someone.

Coach: Oh, then move in to the dorm tomorrow morning.

Eunice: Can I move tonight?

Coach: Anxious are we? Okay then. I’ll tell the others to prepare your room.

Eunice: I’ll be right there in a sec. Bye.

(ends up the call)

 

*one month later (THE DAY)

 

MC: Today, we’ll witness the race of the century. It will be a match against the professional racers all over Taiwan. For the first lane, our racer will be the niece of the professional racer back then who defeated the so called UNDEFEATABLE! Let’s all welcome, Crystal! For the second lane, the racer who’ll be flaming the racetrack is the mysterious Lin Xuang Zhi! Oh my! What is this? Base on our records right now, Lin is gonna reveal her face right in front of us! Is this true Xuang Zhi?

Xuang Zhi: Yes. *smirks (removes her helmet) Here it is.

MC: Oh! Our Xuang Zhi is no other than Eunice Han. The cousin of the famous singer here in Taiwan, Han Geng!

*crowd applause (Eunice approaches Crystal and the MC continues to murmur)

Crystal: What are you up to?

Eunice: Nothing. I just want to tell you that Henry is here.

Crystal: What?

Eunice: He’s here. And my cousin too. So if you do something stupid right now, my gege will do anything in order for you not to get Henry back.

Crystal: You’re kidding. You’re not the Eunice I knew.

Eunice: You’re the one who forced me to do this.

Crystal: You think I’ll get scared?

Eunice: I don’t think so. You’re a monster whom I should get rid off. Ciao for now jia. I got to prepare for your defeat.

Crystal’s POV

If it’s the last thing I could do just to win over you, then I’ll do it.

*flashback

Henry: Eunice, you can do it. And please remember what I told you. The night you arrived in Taiwan.

Eunice: I remembered everything. But you shouldn’t do those things, because you’ll ruin my happiness.

Henry: Eunice, wo ai ni. Whatever happens, I’m on your side. I don’t care if you like Kyuhyun more, I’ll be on your side still.

Eunice: Fine.

*end

Whatever. I’ll get you back Henry. Whatever it takes.

Crystal: Uncle, is it okay now?

Crystal’s Uncle: Yes. All fine. But, are you sure about this? Your conscience will chase after you if something bad happens on her.

Crystal: If conscience is something to fight with, I can survive it. You even survived for how many years after killing my dad.

Crystal’s Uncle: But, it’s your sister. You dad is not my brother so it’s quite easy for me.

Crystal: Sister? When it comes to Henry, nobody’s a sister.

Let’s see if you can still defeat me, Eunice.

End of POV

 

“Calling all the participants, please go to your respective lanes now.

 

Hankyung: Eunice: Are you sure about this?

Eunice: Yes.

Henry: Eunice, please be safe.

Eunice: I will. But, whatever happens, gege, please tell Kyuhyun that he needs to wait for me.

Hankyung: Yes.

Eunice: I’ll go now.

 

Eunice’s POV

I can sense that you’re desperate now Crystal. If something happens today, I’ll make sure that you won’t win.

End of POV

 

Hankyung: Henry let’s go.

Henry: Okay.

Crystal’s Uncle: Mr. Lee, I’m not sure about this.

Mr. Lee: I can’t believe she’s doing this to her own sister.

Hankyung: What?

Henry: Eunice and Crystal are sisters?

Hankyung: Let’s find out! Mr. Lee!

Mr. Lee: Oh! Han Geng.

Hankyung: Are Crystal and Eunice sisters? Is Crystal my cousin?

Crystal’s Uncle: No.

Hankyung: Tell me the truth now.

Crystal’s Uncle: No.

Hankyung: I. Want. The. Truth. Now!

Crystal’s Uncle: Fine! She’s your cousin! And she’s trying to kill Eunice now!

Hankyung: What?

Crystal’s Uncle: You can’t stop her now. The race just started.

Henry: No way.