The Game Of Truth

The Game Of Truth

 

* Italic - thoughts

 

The Game Of Truth

 

“Yah,” Hongki said out of the blue. “Want to play a game?”

 

Minhwan bounced cheekily on the sofa. “Alright, I want to play! Since Wonbin-hyung is here too, let’s play something!”

 

“Let’s play ‘The Game Of Truth’,” Hongki suggested. “One cannot lie and must be honest.”

 

“Geez,” Jonghun snorted, “I don’t like that game, play something else.”

 

“Why?” Seunghyun whined, using his watery puppy eyes, “I like this game… Plus, we get to know each other better, right hyung?”

 

“Yes,” Minhwan added, “Please~”

 

Jonghun heaved a heavy sigh. Troublesome maknaes. He saw those puppy dog eyes again. “Alright, fine. Let’s play it.” He found it really adorable of Seunghyun and Minhwan jumping around in delight after he agreed. He turned to Jaejin and Wonbin’s direction, “You guys are playing too right?”

 

“Alright,” Jaejin said. “Why not?”

 

Wonbin took six mineral water bottles and sat on the floor with his five other friends, forming a circle. He gave each one a bottle. “Alright, let’s start.”

 

“Like I said before,” Hongki explained, “no lying. If ‘A’ asks a question to ‘B’, ‘B’ must answer it honestly. If ‘B’ lies, ‘B’ will receive punishment. Extremely simple rules. Alright?”

 

“Fine,” Jonghun said, “But what’s the punishment?”

 

“Uhm, I’m still thinking,” Hongki scratched his head.

 

Seunghyun’s eyes lit up all of a sudden. “Why not…”

 

Oh no,Jonghun thought, what is this mischievous kid up to now?

 

“… giving a kiss to the person as a punishment?” Seunghyun finished. Before anyone managed to say anything, Hongki went, “Cool! Good idea!” and urged to start the game.

 

“I’ll start first,” Wonbin said, “since I’m the guest here.” The others merely nodded. “Okay then, I’ll ask…” He scanned around, and decided to ask the person sitting on his right. “…Jaejin.”

 

Jaejin perked up with interest. “Yes, hyung, ask away!”

 

“Uhm,” Wonbin tried thinking of something. Ah, he knew what he could ask. “Jaejin ah, how was year 2010?”

 

Hongki’s jaw dropped while Jonghun shot him an ‘are-you-serious-you’re-asking-Jaejin-that-boring-question’ look. Even Minhwan and Seunghyun looked disappointed with that question.

 

“Well,” Jaejin said, he seemed as though he was thinking deeply, “2010 was interesting, we did quite a number of promotions that year. At some point it was quite tiring, practicing and all. Otherwise, 2010 was a fun year.”

 

“Alright,” Wonbin smiled after hearing Jaejin’s answer. “Good to know that you guys were doing well. Jaejin, it’s your turn to ask.”

 

Jaejin looked around the room and, HAH! “I’ll ask Hongki-hyung.” Jaejin observed Hongki from his place, as if Hongki was a piece of interesting artifact. “Hyung, is it true that you’re gay?”

 

Hongki who was currently taking a gulp of water from his bottle choked upon hearing Jaejin’s question. “W-What?!”

 

“I asked you if-”

 

“Okay, enough!” Hongki stopped Jaejin. “Don’t repeat the question, of course I’m n-”

 

Jonghun shot him a glare. Hongki gulped, “Of course I a-am.” Hongki’s face darkened when Jaejin practically yelled that he knew it since a long time ago. Minhwan told something to Seunghyun excitedly, and gave a high-five to each other. Wonbin laughed when he saw Hongki’s expression.

 

“Don’t tell anyone else,” Hongki mumbled, feeling rather exposed. “Anyway, it’s my turn to ask.” He turned to the leader, “Jonghun ah,” he smirked, “what colour boxers are you wearing today?”

 

The others burst out laughing – again. Wonbin was laughing the hardest, “Seriously, Hongki? Don’t you have any other things to ask besides that?”

 

“Like you’re the one to tell me that,” Hongki snapped, “You asked the most ridiculous question ever just now.”

 

Jonghun cleared his throat, feeling slightly embarrassed, “I’m wearing white today.”

 

Minhwan stopped laughing momentarily, “Hyung, you’re lying!” Everyone turned their attention to the youngest boy, “I saw you changing today since you forgot to close your room door properly,” Minhwan said, “you’re wearing leopard prints today! Right, am I right hyung?” Minhwan smiled gleefully.

 

“Jonghun-hyung broke the rule!” Jaejin said excitedly.

 

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Seunghyun cheered.

 

“Jonghun!” Wonbin said, he was getting excited as well, “Give Hongki a kiss!”

 

Hongki, who was sitting next to Jonghun nudged him and said, “I want one on my cheek!”

 

Jonghun cursed silently. What have I gotten myself into? Why must I kiss Hongki in front of everyone? Jonghun closed the space between his lips and Hongki’s face, but right at that time Hongki turned around, and his lips touched Hongki’s. Jonghun felt Hongki smirked against his lips before the lead singer pulled away.

 

“Okay,” Hongki said casually, “Jonghun. It’s your turn to ask.”

 

Jonghun waited till the catcalls cooled down (or more precisely waiting for the dark shade of pink to disappear from his heated cheek) and shot Minhwan a playful-ish glare. It was, after all Minhwan’s fault to point out that he was lying. So he decided to ask the maknae.

 

“Yahh, Minhwan,” Jonghun said, “Have you ever been jealous that Seunghyun has taken your place as the maknae?”

 

Minhwan glanced over to his side and saw Seunghyun looking at him, observing him. Or rather, Seunghyun was waiting for his answer. He looked over to Jonghun again. I shouldn’t lie, right?

 

“W-Well,” Minhwan said, “Yes.” Quickly he added, “That was last time. I wasn’t anymore…” He turned to Seunghyun and smiled.

 

“Aww,” Wonbin pinched Minhwan’s cheek lovingly, “Our Minhwannie was jealous, so cute!”

 

“Aigoo, Minhwan,” Hongki said, “You’re still the maknae!”

 

“Right!” Seunghyun cheekily added. Feeling slightly bad, he tried changing the topic. “Minhwan, it’s your turn to ask.”

 

“Alright, I’ll ask you then, Seunghyun,” Minhwan paused for a second, thinking if he should continue. “I always hear you giggling and smiling to yourself during midnight. Do you have someone in particular that you like? You do right? W-Who is that person?”

 

“Yahh, Seunghyun ah,” Jonghun said, “You have someone that you like but you didn’t tell me? How could you!”

 

“Right, right, who is it?” Jaejin’s interest perked as well.

 

“Well, I…” Seunghyun stole a glance at Minhwan. “Should I tell the truth?”

 

“Of course you should!” Hongki tried digging out secrets from Seunghyun. “It’s the truth game, so tell us honestly!”

 

Minhwan felt a little guilty for asking Seunghyun such a question. How his hyungs will keep on bothering the guitarist.

 

“But I guess…” Seunghyun trailed off, “I guess I’ll take the punishment.”

 

If he was honest to himself, Minhwan would admit that he’s disappointed when Seunghyun refused to tell him the person that he likes. But when Seunghyun’s lips touched his cheek lightly, he felt himself blushing.

 

“It’s you,” Seunghyun whispered near Minhwan’s ears, making it as soft as possible so the others couldn’t catch what he was saying, “You’re the one that I’ve been thinking of.”

 

Seunghyun sat back on his position swiftly and cleared his throat to stop the cheering from the other ‘audiences’. From the side of his eyes, he could ‘feel’ the slight curve of Minhwan’s lips forming on his features. Feeling contented himself, he said, “Jaejin-hyung, I pick you!” With an innocent expression, he asked, “Are you angry whenever Hongki-hyung nicknames you the ‘goat’?”

 

Jaejin answered him with the same innocent expression, and exceptionally fast, “Yes.”

 

Wonbin burst out laughing, “But Jaejin, you really do look like a goat when you eat!”

 

“Jaejin ah,” Hongki interrupted, “It’s for your own good. Hyung is trying to bring popularity to you. Now you’re known as Jaejin-the-goat!”

 

Jaejin joined in the laughter as well, “I know, hyung. It’s okay, I don’t mind being the goat.”

 

Jonghun had to laugh at that statement. “Jaejin, who do you want to ask?”

 

“I’ll ask Wonbin-hyung,” Jaejin said. Looking at Wonbin, he felt a strong wave of nostalgic washing over him. How he’d missed playing and practicing together with his…

 

Jaejin tried controlling his heartbeat.

 

… first crush.

 

“Wonbin-hyung, how was year 2010?”

 

“What?” Hongki said. “That was Wonbin’s question, Jaejin! Now you’re repeating that boring question.”

 

“Hongki-hyung,” Jaejin protested, “I just want to know if Wonbin-hyung’s living and eating well…”

 

Wonbin chuckled and ruffled Jaejin’s hair. So nice of him. “Well, I practiced for my comeback performance, practiced my guitar… I’ve been eating a lot too. It was a tiring year, but you guys gave me the support I needed. So the stress wasn’t much of a big deal. Thanks for asking, Jaejin.” Wonbin smiled, “Alright. Next question, I’ll ask Jaejin. Have you been taking care of your health? I didn’t really have much time to visit you guys. You’ve been out most of the time too, promoting in other countries. Did you fall sick or anything? Still healthy?”

 

Oblivious to the two of them, Hongki, Jonghun, Seunghyun and Minhwan was getting bored listening to them asking about each other’s well-being. Eventually, Hongki had an idea pooped into his head. He smiled and turned to whisper to Jonghun. The leader then returned Hongki’s smile and both of them excused themselves with Hongki practically dragging Jonghun away.

 

Jaejin and Wonbin were still talking to each other, shooting each other questions and completely ignoring the others (which were only Minhwan and Seunghyun).

 

“Should we leave too?” Seunghyun asked Minhwan quietly. “Wonbin-hyung and Jaejin-hyung seem to be having a good time by themselves. Besides…” Seunghyun said in a softer tone, “I have a lot of things to tell you.” With that said Seunghyun took Minhwan in his hands and locked themselves in their room.

 

“Alright then, I’m happy you’ve found a new interest,” Wonbin said to Jaejin, both giggling happily. “Next I’ll ask…” He turned away from Jaejin and;

 

“… Where’s everyone?”

 


 

The End

 

A/N: Can you try imagining Wonbin’s blur expression at the end? Hahaha. :D

 

As usual, I’m very sorry for the poor grammar. ): Hope you enjoyed reading this oneshot though. (: People, have a nice day! ^^

 

Oh. Do you mind giving comments? What do you think about this?