Cooking Lessons

Cooking Lessons

 

"Teach me? Hyung you must be kidding, you don’t even want to cook what makes you wanna teach me?"

"For one, I'm afraid you might bomb my kitchen. And two when you learn yourself you wouldn't have to be wining to me about this stuff." The younger male blows strands of hair away from his eyes and sighs placing both hands on the sides of his hips.

 “Wait here, I’m going to get an apron.” The chocolate haired boy ran out the kitchen leaving the poor dancer by himself. He gazed at the entrance frame for the older one to appear/return, but it took longer than he thought. The male sighed and rotated himself back toward the chopping/cutting board; he slid his index finger across the long mental blade as it reflected the image of his (slightly) droopy, shaped eyes.  “J-Jongin!” Called out a husky, deep voice of what seems to be calling from the kitchen entrance. The tanned male gradually turned around when his eyes caught the couple, the two both had shared the same expression (shock). “Oh Baekhyun, Chanyeol, what do you two want now?” He asked in a very dead founded tone, both slowly raised their index finger pointing at him. Together the nine teen year olds bows narrowed, he questioned the love birds before they finally spoke.

“Y-You’re cooking!” Noted the shortest among the three.

“Yeah and?”

“You’re wearing an apron!” – Chanyeol

“With laces on it!” – Baekhyun

“And it’s pink!” –Chanyeol

With that last statement, the tall rapper earned a plate thrown toward him, in which hit him directly at his nose. Kyungsoo happened to arrive at the crime scene in time; he was finishing tying the knot on the back of his neck before he spotted the younger one flat on the floor rubbing his nose. “C-Chanyeol! Jongin don’t throw things at people!” He nagged bending down to pick up the broken pieces off the ground. Chanyeol groaned in pain when he spotted the expression left on his Dongsaeng’s face. Kai growled and simply looked away from his hyung. Baekhyun (still in shock) also added another note to his boyfriend’s statement. “It is very rare to see you in pink, lacy frills” he shrugged chuckling at his observation. A sudden wooden spoon flew in and hit the singer on his forehead, the bean sprout gave a small “ah!” and tripped over his own ankle; the male was just lucky enough have fell into the arms, or should I say lap of his lover. “Jongin!” Snapped the chef he dropped the glass pieces within his hands and ran toward his student. D.O pinned both of his wrists on the counter table with a strong grip; his eyes captured the others’ making his cheeks slightly blush. The twenty year old noticed both his two Dongsaengs when he poked Baekhyun’s arm. The male stopped rubbing his forehead and turned his face toward his the elf once after he notices him approaching closer toward his ear. “Hey, I think we should leave these two alone for a bit.” He said without taking his senses off the two young ones. The Korean eyeliner agreed and stood up also helping the other male up as well. Chanyeol gripped onto the older one’s two shoulders and pushed him out the room. “Come my little beansprout~ I shall take you to go buy new eyeliner for your collection.”

Kai bit his bottom lip, neediness to dip down to the older one’s level. D.O pushed himself off the younger one and released both his grip off the two wrists. He turned around and wrapped both his arms behind his back, continuing to tie the second knot about his slander hip. Jongin chuckled and swung his head to the side then back at the shorter one; at the same time D.O kept a straight face, but then sighed. “Okay, let’s get to work.”  The young cook rubbed both his palms together, his eyes lingered through at the vegetables lying on the board; Kyungsoo's eyes flinched when he noticed an ingredient missing from the pile. He turned his attention off the items and on the still confused Jongin as he watched his hyung mischiefly smile. "J-Jongin.... Where are the eggs?" Kai blinked twice before noticing his biggest mistake, feeling embarrassed he scratched the back of his head giving the vocalist a long uhhhh.... The twenty year old slapped his bare forehead and began approaching the sliver refrigerator. He pulled the grey handle and poked his head into the cold regular box. He turned his head to the right and smiled when he spotted the brown and white eggs sitting on the top shelve; he grabbed two and pulled himself out before slamming the door closed. Kyungsoo turned his attention toward the younger one and cheekily giggled before lifting his arm with the two items within it. "Step one; eggs are the main ingredient to any omelette." He noted and approached himself back toward the chopping board and Jongin.

 

"I-I know that." The replied without taking a glimpse of D.O, he set the two eggs down on the board and casted his eyes on the other.

"If you did then... Why weren’t there any eggs?"

"......"

"As I thought, so Jongin before you cut the veggies you want to crack the eggs into a bowl."

The younger one fetched a brown egg and a bowl before tapping it at the edge of the basin. He felt/heard a small crack forming on the oval he gently parted them when he spotted the yolk and whites slipping from the shell. Kyungsoo slowly observed his student not noticing despite the fact that a grin appeared on his face. "Good, you got the first step done; add in two more then we’ll start the next step.” Kai smiled and continued to grab egg by egg, cracking one then another; his Hyung watched him carefully, the chocolate haired male flinches his eyes upward toward his student not noticing the smile beginning to form upon his lips. The nine teen year old turned his direction toward the side where the other was, D.O watched as he eyed the shorter one beside him; the older one questioned him titling his head to the side. He was about to asked the male “what’s wrong?” Jongin cuts his query. “What’s next hyung?”

“Oh, next would be adding the other stuff such as spices and veggies. How’s about we start adding the onion.” He suggested while the other nodded and grabbed on the white plump one sitting in the center of the pile. Kai reached out and grabbed the long knife he used previously for the carrots; Kyungsoo noticed him and immediately became alarmed. The twenty year old stopped him, taking the blade away from him with a worried smile on his face.  The tanned male swung his head away from the board and to the vocalist; his face says it all. “U-Uh, how’s about we use a smaller knife?” Advised the shorter one replacing the larger dagger with a smaller one. The dancer rotated the knife within his palm and eyed the material; he lifted his head with a grin at his Hyung. “Okay, so what do we do?” “Ah that’s simple, first cut off the skin of the onion then cut it.”

“How the hell am I supposed to do that?”

“You cut the two side stumps off then it would just easily pile.”

The taller one blinked twice at the pale male, he turned his direction back toward the board and gently dug his knife within the vegetable. “There you got it!” The dancer suddenly felt another hand cover over his; he turned his head toward the cook and found him completely concentrated on blades action. “Jongin stop looking at me and cut!” He nagged, his eyes still placed on the white, plump ball. He turned his head back and spotted the knife striking down on the wooden board hard; it got the male feelings a slight alarmed but he rapidly regained himself back to normal. D.O releases his grip off the hand and took a few steps away from him. “There!” He exclaimed with a slightful bit of relief. “Is that it Hyung?”

“What? NO! You have to cut the other p-“

“-No I meant, is that all I have to do?”

“Yes!”

The tanned male pouted noticing the bit of attitude the other was giving; he slowly turned back toward the board and proceeded to cut the other side. Without knowing, his Hyung slowly approach back and watched him as he turned the onion around and cut the second brown stump. He finally strike on the board making a loud chop sound, he sets the blade beside the other vegetables and picked up the white ball bringing it to the garbage to pile off the crispy thin, skin. When he completed the male walked back to the brown panel and sets it down. “You’ll only need half of an onion, give me the other half once you done slicing it into two.” Kai nodded, he pointed the tip of the blade down on the center of the veg and then allows the other half of the knife to sink down cutting the ball in half. He picked up the left half of the onion and gave it to the male standing beside him; gladly accepting it the male turned back to return the onion to the refrigerator shelf. Slowly closing the sliver door, he suddenly heard sniffing from what seems to be behind him.

He gave a questioning look as he turned his head back around only to receive a back view of the younger one. Kyungsoo gradually began approaching the Korean dancer when he noticed his cheeks were a steam rosy tone, and his eyes were shining as if they were made of nothing but glass. The twenty year old titled his head to the side getting a clearer view of this man. “J-Jongin, are you crying?” He asked when his lips slowly begun forming with a smirk.

“*sniff* NO!”

“Y-Yes you are.”

The dancer whipped his watery eyes and sniffed one last time, he already realized his hyung saw him so there wasn’t a point for him to hide the fact that he wasn’t. The twenty year old felt laughter building up within him, he cupped his mouth with his left palm and the other around his waist. Chuckles begun escaping from the male’s lips, his cheeks puffed into to white balloons; his fingers trilled to his forehead and a smile immediately was displaced on his face showing off his white teeth. “Excuse me please…” He whispered and shuffled his way to the entrance of the kitchen, Kyungsoo walked into the living room where he found Suho, Lay, Kris, and Tao sitting on the couch watching another episode of the famous anime Inuyasha. The Chinese maknae and dancer smiled, their eyes soften as they gazed at the cartoon with long white hair; both gave a small hmm and laid their chin on the center of their two palms supported by their elbows. “Woah, isn’t Sesshomaru just breath taking?” Tao asked drooling over the Japanese character; Yixing gradually nodded giving a small yup. The other two rolled their eyes when they noticed the Umma of EXO K was here. “Oh Kyungsoo, what are you doing here?” Questioned the Korean leader. The unexpected question got the members out of their fantasies and into reality when they spotted the Korean vocalist looking like he was about to burst.  “Kyungsoo what are you-“

“PHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!”

Kai heard the older one’s sniggering from the lounge, he turned around and glared at the frame of the kitchen entrance/exit. “” he hissed under his breath and rotated himself back around toward the chopping board.

 

~*~

 

After much MUCH laughter, the chocolate haired male returned to the kitchen to continue the lesson he was having with his favorite Dongsaeng. “Kai~” The younger one heard his name, his flinches upwards and so did his head; but he slowly found himself turning around and facing the giddy Kyungsoo. “So~” He said gripping hard on the edges of the board. “You’re done laughing?” The twenty year old nodded and wiped a tear sitting at the edge of his eyes as he shuffled his way the dancer. “Come, let’s continue… Sorry about that.” He smiled at the taller one; Jongin blushed and quickly looked away from his Hyung. “I-It’s okay.” He said with a small pout forming on his lips. The shorter male approached closer toward the board when he notices all the vegetables nicely cut up and in the egg. His expression quickly became into shock and surprisement seeing the displace he had in front of him. He turned his direction toward the tanned male as he took out a large red pan and placed it on top of the stone. “J-Jongin, did you do this?”

“Yes”

“… You learn quickly don’t you?”

The jet black haired male turned away and made his way to the wooden shelve above the stove; the male fetched a bottle of oil and handed it to the older one beside him. The twenty year old gladly accepted it, but wasn’t sure what the younger one wanted him to do with it. He rotated the hand holding onto the hour glass shaped bottle and eyed the yellow liquid flowing within it. “What’s this for?” He asked, his eyes flinching upward to the tanned man who’s reaching out for the pan’s held. “You pour in the oil, I’m too afraid.

 

“A-A-A-AFRAID?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!”

The chocolate haired male had his mouth hung open in disbelief, his right eye begun twitching, his two pair of arms dropped to his side as he shoved the bottle into the nine teen year old’s chest. Kai slightly jumped from surprisement and raised his head finding the shorter one completely annoyed. “Here take!” The Korean dancer pouted and blew air into his cheeks making them puff up into two puff balls. The young cook crossed both his arms over his chest and patiently waited for his student to act. The young adult blew out his breath and threw his arms into the air in defeat. “FINE FINE WHAT EVER!” He exclaimed and turned his body back to the stove; he took a few steps away from the heated oven and reached his right arm toward the red cooking pan, he gently poured a (very) minor amount of vegetable oil in and immediately backed way. “There(?)!” He supposed and smiled at the older one who’s so what has his brows raised/narrowed giving him an Are You Serious look. He pulled out his right arm out from the cross and pointed his index finger to the pan before flinching his eyes up at the plump liped male. “More.” He commanded.

“W-What?”

“I said, more.”

 Kai gave his Hyung a slight glare and slowly turned back around to pour in more of the yellow liquid. He reached out his arm one last time poured a bit more into the pan, then he heard a loud POP sound and immediately backed away from the stove. Kyungsoo chuckled and unfolded both arms before declaring that there was finally enough; the pale skinned male approached the dancer and extended out his arm to grab or at least touch his arm; he signaled the teen back to chopping panel.

“The next step should be making the fried rice, I’ll do the rice since you already know how to make fried rice (only with soy sauce though). Just add in the vegetables and I’ll do the rest, take the rest of the carrots and drop them in the pan.” He ordered before swinging his head around to the shelve above him. Jongin sighs and grabs a hand full of the chopped carrots and dropped or should I say plopped them ungracefully into the oil filled pan. “Remember to watch them okay Jongin?” Kyungsoo instructed without taking his eyes off the rice he was spooning into a bowl; but the jet black haired male didn’t listen to him, or in fact he didn’t hear what the older one just said as he was too busy watching the glorious back view of the vocalist. He turned around and approach back to the cutting panel grabbing the black bottle of soy sauce and pouring a fair amount into a spoon. “Is that all you add?” Asked the younger one affectionately titling his head to the side. “Yes Jongin, and the veggies too..... Something smells like its burning!” Kyungsoo took his eyes off the blue bowl and poked his eyes onto the frying pan when he notices black smoke coming out.

“JONGIN, THE CARROTS ARE BURNING!”

“WHAT?”  The dancer swiftly took his weight off the stove and reached out to stop the fire. The two men stared down at the Black and orange blobs sitting there with small yellow bubbles popping at every inch of the frying pan. The older one growled and swung his body toward the man standing helplessly beside him.

“YOU IMBECIEL (Idiot)! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WATCH THE VEGGIES, NOW THERE BURNED!”

“HEY THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I EVER COOKED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, CANT YOU GIVE ME A BREAK?”

“OH I’LL GIVE YOU A BREAK, A BREAK OF LIFE THAT IS! COME OVER HERE!”

The two ran around in the kitchen trying to kill each other, well Kyungsoo that is.

 

 

~*~

 

“So (sigh) add in the egg now...” After much MUCH running around, the two got tried; well like I saw, at least Kyungsoo did. The fried rice was already nicely done (thanks to Kyungsoo) So Kai had nothing else but to complete the task by adding in the egg. WITHOUT RIPPING IT! He carefully took his sliver spatula and shoved it under the yellow circle getting every edge of the egg so that it would be much easier to release. He gradually lifted the egg and placed it on a white serving plate his Hyung had set for him. The older one watched him as he slowly placed and slid his spatula out of the food. The tanned male took a few steps back and smiled “I did it!” He cheered, Kyungsoo chuckled at how childish his Dongsaeng over a small cooking lesson, he made his way to the bowl of fried rice and scoop it out and on the yellow egg. He used his spoon and shuffled the rest of the rice on one half of the egg as he took the other side and gently flipped over to cover the brown. Jongin watched the chocolate haired male with a smile and picked up the plate to the living room. The nine teen year old positioned the omelette on the dining table and sat on one of the nearby chairs. The twenty year old sighs and turns around to head into their shared room for a small nap till...

“W-Wait! I want you to be the first to try it Hyung.”  

D.O questioned him but ended up pulling the chair backwards and sitting cross the younger one. Jongin handed him the silver spoon with a smile, of course he gladly accepted it. The vocalist dug the medium into the egg and scooped out a spoon full. He opened his mouth wide as it entered his lips receiving the amazing flavor hitting him.

“Mhhhh.”

“Good?”

“Yup, you should really try it Jongin.”

The pale skinned male reached out to hand his Dongsaeng the spoon, till suddenly he felt a pinch on his chin and lips crashing to his own. He immediately became alarmed and placed both his palms on Kai’s chest, trying his best to push him off; but the dancer simply ignored and gripped the back of his locks to deepen the kiss. “Mhhhhhh! Jo....ng.....in....” Soon enough the twenty year old gave up hope and found himself passionately responding back. The nine teen year old smirked between their lips, he slipped his tongue into the older one’s mouth which created a shock wave to crawl up on Kyungsoo back. Their tongues exposed them self (not a lip lock) as they take the wonderful taste the two were providing each other.  The chocolate haired male grabbed on the males’ shirt tightly, it was a signal that he was lacking oxygen he needed. Giving one last peck on the older one’s sweet tender lips, Kai released his Hyung lifting himself off with a smirk on his face.

 

 

“Oh yes, I am a genius.”