[OS] Origami Promise

[OS] Origami Promise

The air is so fresh that birds are chirping sweetly to a charming melody and there stood two children under a big, shady tree. That place is the place where only both of them knew about it as they are the 'founder' of the area. They eventually discovered the area when they played hide-and-seek with each other a month ago. Since then, they always go there to play and soon it became their territory besides the birds and the creatures that live there.

"Hee Young ah~ Let's make this place... Umm... Ours," the little boy said shyly while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ne? Ours? Eotteohke, Jay oppa?" the little girl asked in return.

Hee Young is a 7 year old girl and Jay is an 11 year old boy. They became very close after Hee Young's family moved into a house beside Jay's house a few years back. In addition, Jay's parents and Hee Young's parents are very close with each other too as if they have been friends for a long time and they often treat each other's child as if they are their own. Well, it's because both the families possess the friendly traits in their selves.

"By coming to this place every month," Jay answered.

"Every month? Why is it not every day? Like what we're doing now?" Hee Young asked, sounding a little gloomy at what Jay has suggested.

"It's because... I... My family..." Jay hesitated to tell her why.

"Why? What had happened?" Hee Young began to feel a little uneasy about this.

"Mianhae, Hee Young~ My family has to move. My appa got a better job at a new place," he explained and
Hee Young's eyes then began to dwell up with tears as she listened to every word he said.

"But my new home won't be far away. We'll come and visit you. I can guarantee that!" Jay said while he held both of Hee Young's hands. Colourless drops of liquid then emerged from her eyes and she avoided looking at him.

"Aigoo~ Don't cry~ Koktchongma. I'll always be with you," he wipes her tears with his bare hands and comforts her.

"Ch-cheongmalyo?" Hee Young asked, still sobbing.

"Ne~ That is why I said 'let's make this place ours'. Even though we can't frequently see each other, we can still meet up every month," Jay said.

"But it'll be hard..." she pouted.

"I know it'll be hard. That's why I brought this glass jar today," he said, smiling and pointing to the jar he put near the branching roots of the big tree.

"Glass jar? What is it for?" Hee Young asked after she had stopped sobbing.

"Do you remember the bird origamis that we used to make together? Both of us will be making one each now and put it into the jar here starting from the date today for every month. So that means there'll be two bird origamis in a month to be inserted into the jar. One from you and one from me," Jay explained.

"Uwa~ That's so fun!" Hee Young exclaimed while clapping her hands excitedly.

"Til when are we supposed to insert the bird origamis?" she asked further.

"Today's date is 11/11/01," he said while grabbing a sharp pointy branch that lies among the green grass and carve the date on the bark of the tree.

"Let's make it til 10 years from now. Coz I don't know when will I be able to come back and see you personally. Maybe by that time, I'll have the capabilities to come back by myself. So, the date will be 11/11/11 by then and that should account to a total of 240 bird origamis in the jar when we meet up again. We'll bury the jar somewhere here," he said and made a cute little arrow pointing downwards indicating the location of where the jar will be buried.

"We'll take it out and count the amount of birds in the jar on that date together. Then we'll know who did not do the origamis," he continued and chuckled.

"10 years from now? It's such a long period of time... I'm scared that you'll forget me, Jay oppa, and that you'll find a much prettier friend than me..." she pouted again.

"Koktchongma. You're my only the best and prettiest friend that I have in this life!" Hearing what Jay had said, Hee Young smiled.

"Jay oppa, promise me, we'll meet up again on this date 10 years from now?" she asked while extending her pinkie for a pinkie promise.

"Ne~ Of course. I promise you," Jay answered and he links his pinkie to Hee Young's pinkie. He then planted a kiss on her forehead causing her to giggle.

10 years later...

Hee Young's POV :

Soft rays of the golden sun shone onto my face as I plopped onto my fav chair in my lair. My eyes are then glued onto a calendar I held up from my smooth, marble table.

It's been a while. Today's the first of January in the year of 2011. Came to think of it, time flies faster than I had ever imagined. Everything that happened 10 years ago is still fresh in my grey matter as though it just happened yesterday. Jay oppa's voice and his words stayed vividly in my mind all these years.

We still 'meet' at our territory every month through the bird origamis. And we had actually started another way of communicating by leaving messages for each other through a piece of paper attached to the origami in the jar. Even so, I miss him... So much...

When will I be able to see him again? I know we had made a promise to meet each other on 11/11/11. But what if he didn't turn up on that day? What if he had forgotten our promise back then? Most importantly, what if he had forgotten about me?

"Hee Young ah~ Let's go now! We'll be late for work at the café! No, wait. We ARE late! Palli!" Min Ra, my roommate, screamed from the living room causing me to startle from my thoughts. I looked at the small, pink clock beside my bed. I nearly have a cardiac arrest! The hands of the clock showed 11:55 when my shift actually started at 12! Aish! Am so dead! I am so gonna get into trouble.

"Ne, ne, ne! Coming!" I grabbed whatever that's in front of me, my phone, my purse, my lip balm and shove them all into a black sling bag I put on my bed earlier. I scuttled down the stairs to living room to where Min Ra was standing with her hands on her hips.

"Yah! What took you so long? Soo Gi unnie is so gonna flare up later. We are late for our first part-time job! Can you believe it, Missy? Aish!" she began to nag.

"Cheongmal mianhae!" I apologised as I slide my feet into a pair of shoe that is on a rack beside the door.

"Kacha!" I said as I pulled her hand and out the door we go.

"You better explain what 'happened' to Soo Gi unnie for being late!" Min Ra continued to nag.

"Ne, umma~" I chuckled.

At the café...

Thank God that the café is just a few blocks away from our house! We arrived on time, 12pm sharp.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Soo Gi unnie. We..." I started to explain when Soo Gi unnie cut me off.

"Good job! You guys are on time. I like it! Hee Young, you will be taking care of the counter. You know the prices of everything here right? The cakes, the drinks?" I smiled in relief and nodded gleefully at her.
How do I know all the prices, you ask? It's because I have always visited this café since I was 13. And now I'm 17 *sighs* How fast time goes by. Any slight changes on the price, I'll be the second to know after Soo Gi unnie. Soo Gi unnie treats me very nice and she takes care of me like her own sister.

"And Min Ra, you are in charge of the cleanliness of the café. Make sure the floor is spotless and it shines," Soo Gi unnie jesters with Min Ra but she took it way too seriously.

"N-Ne? Spotless and shines? Eotteohke..." Her voice trails off and she began to be in her worry mode. Soo Gi unnie and I laughed at her.

"Yah! Unnie is just joking. Aigoo ah~ Just make sure it is always clean, ne~" Soo Gi unnie rubs Min Ra's back to comfort her. Min Ra then sighs in relief.

"Okay girls, I'm heading to the 'backstage' now to make more mouth-watering delicacies," Soo Gi unnie winked at us.

"Omo, unnie! We wanna try it," I said and followed by Min Ra's gleeful nod.

"Ne, ne. You guys will be the first, ne. Now, take care of the café," Soo Gi unnie said as she walked into her 'backstage'.

"Ne!" Min Ra and I said in unison. We then begin our job. It's kinda scary and I can feel that there are a bunch of butterflies in my stomach since this is the first time I work here. Albeit I always visit this café, but still I am nervous.

Just then, a smartly dressed guy in a black shirt with a khaki jacket over it and a pair of acid washed jeans walked into the café. His facial features are insane! His jaw line is so ahh~ I bet I can stare at him the whole day. His dark brown, spiky hair scores him an extra brownie. To make things easier, he looks so fine from top to toe. A heart-throb he is.

This hot guy is somehow I don't know, looks familiar to me. Maybe I'm absorbed too much into K-Pop bands *sighs* and you know what, I actually stopped what I'm doing to have a look at him. He then walked to where I am, the counter place but his eyes were on a scanning mode, searching for someone, I suppose.

Out of the blue, he settled his eyes on me. I felt a sudden skip in my heartbeat. Don't tell me that he has noticed I was staring at him all the while he got into the café.

"Yo, Bling!" His friends called out to him. He then turned his gaze away from me when one of his friends came towards Mr. Heartthrob and slings his arm over that Mr. Heartthrob's shoulder. They then head to where their other three friends are seated. His circle of friends is crazy. All of them are handsome. What are they?! Angels sent from above? But he is the most handsome and too good to be true angel to me.

'Bling'? That's his name? Well, that's what his friend called him. So, I guess it is.

"Bling," I murmured under my breath.

???'s POV :

Where is Key? He called me to come here but I can't seem to find him *sighs* Let me try and search for him again. I my scanning mode for Key.

Aish! Where is this guy?

As I was searching for Key, a cute, petite girl at the counter caught my eye the minute I stepped into the café. She wore a checkered shirt which she cuffed her sleeves to her elbow with a pair of straight-cut jeans. Her straight, layered glossy brown hair falls perfectly into place. She is just so pretty. My type of girl. And she kept staring at me since I walked into this café. Double like her. Wait, did I have something on my face?

"Yo, Bling!" a familiar voice called out to me. Key then came to me and slung his arm over my shoulder.

"Over there," Key pointed to where Minho, Taemin and Onew hyung are sitting. He then pulled me there.

"Yah! What took you so long?" Onew hyung asked, followed by Taemin's question as I pulled an empty chair and sit on it.

"Ne, what happened Jonghyun hyung?"

"I was sleeping when Key called and I rushed here. Then, I don't know where this Key went and I couldn't find him and here I am now," I answered and we have a laugh.

"Annyeonghaseyo~ May I have your orders?" A girl walked to us with a notebook and a pen ready in her hands. While they make their orders, I turned around and I eventually have my eyes on that girl. She's busy wiping the counter's table and arranging stuffs. She's pretty. Wait, it seems like I have seen her somewhere before. I can't really recall. Maybe in my dreams... A smile is then formed on my face as I watch her.

"Yah!" Key elbowed me.

"Mwo?" I shifted my gaze at Key.

"What do you want for lunch?"

"Hmm... Anything," I said. The girl stood there and looked puzzled.

"Aish! Just give him Set A. Kamsahamnida," Key made the decision for me. He understands me the most.

"What sailed you off?" He asked.

"Mwo?" I asked back. Key held his head up and took a look at the girl at the counter.

"Her?" Key asked.

"Mwo? Aish. Aniya~" I blushed a little as I answered and I looked down.

"Ahh~ Hyung~ She's pretty," Taemin said, smiling. I don't know why but I felt a sudden jealousy as he said
that.

"Yah!" I shouted suddenly.

"Omo! Hyung, gwaenchana?" Taemin was surprised at my action.

"Bling likes her," Key said out of the blue.

"Mwo? Aish! Aniya! Drink your latte!" I pushed his latte to him when the girl who took the orders came with
a tray of drinks.

Hee Young's POV :

"Hee Young ah~ Can you help me? Please take this tray of food over to that table over there. The one with five guys," Seo Yeon unnie instructed.

"Ahh~ Ne, unnie," I took the tray and head to that table.

Omo! It's Bling and his friends' table. I can already feel that my legs are trembling. Aish! Hee Young, keep your mind on your work!

"Here you go," I said as I took out the dishes they ordered on their table. At the same time, I kept having the feeling that someone is looking at me. My heart was beating fast when I'm at that table. I looked at each of them and all of their eyes are on their food except Bling's. When I look at him, he turned away.

"Umm... Anything else?" I asked them.

"What's your name?" A guy sitting beside Bling asked. He is so random. I looked at him blankly. Bling then elbowed him and said, "Mianhae, he talks nonsense when he's hungry."

"Ahh~ Gwaenchana. I'm Hee Young," I smiled and bowed at them before getting back at the counter.

Jonghyun's POV :

Hee Young? I can't believe that I have finally found you after all these years. No wonder, you look so familiar to me. I miss you~ But you seemed like you don't remember me... Hee Young...

"There. Happy?" Key asked.

"Happy? Wae?" I looked at him in confusion.

"That girl. Hee Young. You got her name. Aish. You are so slow," Key shook his head.

"Hee Young is pretty. But she's too short for me. So I guess I'll let her go," Minho teases.

"Aish! Nobody is allowed to say that kinda stuff to my girl!" I exploded.

"Yaahh~ You are trapped!" Key then high-fived Minho.

"Huh? Wae?"

"You have just said 'MY girl'," Minho stressed on the word 'my'. Oh crap, did it slid out of my mouth? Aish!

"Hyung ah~ You are doomed," Taemin said.

"Ya, ya, whatever. Oh ya, how's your basketball team going, Minho? You know, competition's getting near," I said, trying to change the topic. Thank God, Minho's super dedicated to his basketball team that he told me everything about their progress.

Hee Young's POV :

Wow! Bling can really stay for a long while. It's been five hours now and they have not moved from their spot. It's not that I don't like them to be here but... I secretly wished that he'll stay longer. So that I can look at him longer.

Jonghyun's POV :

"Go and pay for our food," Onew hyung said.

"Why me?" Aish, I have become a victim today.

"Don't you wanna go near her? YOUR girl?" Minho said, high-fiving Key again.

"Aish! Ne, ne whatever," I grabbed the money they put on the table and head to the counter.

Hee Young's POV :

"Kamsahamnida. Do come again," I bowed to the ahjumma that paid for her tiramisu cake. I shifted the box of ingredients that the delivery guy sent a while ago.

"Hee Young..." a voice called out to me.

"Ne~" I turned around and was shocked to see that guy. Him. Hottie. Bling.

"Umm... I wanna pay for what we ordered," he said, smiling at me. Gosh, help me, I'm melting!

"Sure. Chamkanman ne... Hmm, it'll be this price," I showed him the receipt.

"Here," he handed me the money.

"Kamsahamnida. Do come again," I smiled at him and bowed at him. He did the same.

Jonghyun's POV :

Such a sweet smile. I miss that smile. Hee Young, don't you remember me? I felt like asking her but I don't have the guts to. I'm scared of the answer.

"Hyung! Kacha!" Taemin called.

"Ne," I managed to have one last look at her before I go. She smiled at me and bowed again. Her smile really does lift whatever that's burdening me off my body. I smiled at her and went off with them.

One week later...

Hee Young's POV :

Bling is here again but this time he's alone. Every time I see him, I felt happy even though we aren't really friends. It's more like I'm a worker and he's a customer. As usual, he'll sit there and eat. Then he'll pay and he goes back. Like what a customer will do. He went back a little early today. Normally he'll stay til 5pm but today he went off at 4.30pm.

"Unnie, I'm going back now. Annyeong, unnie," I waved to Soo Gi unnie as my shift has ended at 5pm.

"Ahh ne~ Annyeong," she replied. Min Ra's not working today. To be exact, yesterday was the last day we stayed together. She has gone to stay with her grandparents in Daegu.

Traffic's pretty clear today. I began to cross the road when someone ran towards me and pulled me into his arms. Then, a strong wind from a fast-moving car brushed past us.

"Gwaenchana?" that someone asked as he let me go.

"Ne, gwaenchana. Kamsahamnida for saving me," I bowed at that person. He chuckled.

"You're welcome, Hee Young," he said.

Omo! He knows my name? Who is he? I held my head up and look at him. Oh God! If this keep on happening, I'll die from fainting too much.

"Bling?" He laughed at what I have just said.

"My name's Jonghyun," he smiled.

"Eh? I thought your name's Bling since that's what I heard your friend calling you the other day," I asked in confusion.

"You remembered? I mean, you actually took notice on my name?" he asked further. I could feel that my ears are burning red but thankfully he can't see it since they are covered by my hair.

"Are you okay? You look... Pink," Jonghyun said.

"Ahh ne, I'm totally okay," I smiled awkwardly at him and he smiled again. Melting~

"You aren't going back yet?" I asked him.

"Aniyo~ Umm... Well, I'm about to but protecting you from harm tops my priority than going back home," he answered.

"N-Ne?" I asked as I couldn't believe my ears when he said 'protecting you from harm tops my priority'.

"Ahh, n-nothing," he blushed a little. He then walked me home that day.

Jonghyun's POV :

It's okay that you can't remember me for now. But I'll make sure you remember me one day.

Nine months later...

Hee Young's POV :

Jonghyun's here every day and I don't have to worry that I couldn't see him. We talked and we have gotten a whole lot closer ever since that incident in front of the café. He’ll wait until my shift is over and walks me home. He’s such a gentleman. I think I’m beginning to fall in love with him.

Aish! Hee Young ah~ You can’t do this to Jay oppa. I love him more than anything but Jonghyun’s different. Everything about Jonghyun, from his actions to his fav food and drinks always reminds me of Jay oppa. I don’t know *sighs*

I stretched my arms as I woke up from a good night’s sleep. Omo! Today’s the eleventh right? Bird origami! Jay oppa!

I got dressed immediately and I headed to the place with a pink bird origami in my bag. When I arrived at our ‘territory’, I saw a guy that is somehow familiar but I can’t really see his face beneath our big tree. I frowned at the scene. Nobody else knows about this place besides me and Jay oppa.

Aish! Who’s that guy?

I walked towards the big tree and the guy got up and he left immediately as soon as he saw me.

"Yah!" I tried to call out to him, thinking that he might be Jay oppa but he’s too fast for me to catch *sighs*

I went to our ‘treasure’ spot after that. I dug the jar out and put in the bird. Wait, there’s a piece of paper among the birds. I took it out and it read:

‘Hee Young ah~ I miss you so much. Don’t forget our promise to meet each other here on the 11/11/11 that is next month at 4:30pm
Love, Jay’


I smiled at the paper.

"Ne, I will. I would never forget our promise, oppa," I muttered to myself.

A month later…

I can’t wait for tomorrow. We’ll be meeting each other again after 10 years!

"Uwa~ You seem so happy today. Good thing just happened?" Jonghyun asked as he walked into the café.

"Ne~ Well, not today. It’s tomorrow actually," I grinned.

"Tomorrow? What will happen tomorrow?" he asked further.

"I’ll see my oppa again. I miss him so much," I answered. Jonghyun’s expression changes unexpectedly and he kept quiet.

"Jonghyun? Waeyo? Are you okay?" I asked, feeling a tad worried at his sudden change.

"I’m okay," he answered softly.

"So, what will you have today?" I asked.

"Hmm, this one. The one with chocolate rice at the sides," he pointed.

"Ne~. Here you go~"

"Gomawo. Ah, Hee Young, I gotta go. See you later."

"Ohh, ne, annyeong~" I said.

The next day…

Today’s the day! Today’s the day! I got the day off today when I told Soo Gi unnie about what’s gonna happen on this wonderful day.

Clad in a white, pleated knee-length dress, I headed there. Finally, we are gonna meet after all these years. 10 years it is.

I arrived there at 4:25pm and I waited patiently for Jay oppa’s arrival under the big tree. His carvings are still there, ‘11/11/11’.

A couple of minutes have passed. Where is he? Today’s the 11/11/11, right? I took out my phone and check for the date. Ne, it IS 11/11/11. But why isn’t he here yet? I began to worry.

At 7pm…

Jay oppa… Don’t do this to me… Why aren’t you here yet? You said we’ll meet at 4:30pm. Now it’s already 7pm. Where are you? Oppa…

Let me wait for a little while more, if he didn’t turn up by 7:30pm, I’ll go.

40 minutes later…

Oppa… You have forgotten me. Are you playing with my feelings? This is painful for me. Why oppa? Why?
Tears started to accumulate at the side of my eyes and as I blinked, they came rolling down.

I walked back home alone that night without my mind settling in the reality world. It wandered off to my memories with Jay oppa 10 years ago.

Just then, I felt my hands were pulled by someone and I ended up in a hug-like position with that person.

"Yah! Michyeosseo?! You nearly got hit for the second time, for heaven’s sake! Don’t you see where you’re going?" That person shouted at me. I kept quiet. My mind wasn’t really in the present yet.

"Hee Young?" That person then placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me.

"Gwaenchana?" That person asked and I looked at him. It’s Jonghyun.

Jonghyun’s POV :

"Gwaenchana?" I asked her. She looked at me but her eyes are puffy.

What happened to her? Is it because I screamed at her just now?

"Hee Young ah, mianhae for shouting at you. It’s just that I’m worried about you. You didn’t go for work today and…" I stopped talking as she buried her head into my shoulders and I heard her crying. I hugged her and her velvety smooth hair, whispering "Koktchongma, everything’s gonna be fine."

Hee Young’s POV :

He hugged me tightly and I felt very secure in his arms but my tears kept coming down continuously without stopping.

"Koktchongma, everything’s gonna be fine," he whispered.

"Let’s go over to that bench over there," Jonghyun said as he pointed to a wooden bench in a park nearby. I nodded and followed him to the bench.

"Hee Young ah~" Jonghyun called my name.

"Ne," I answered softly with my eyes staring up to the starry sky.

"Are you okay now?"

"N-Ne…" my voice trailed off. I felt like crying again whenever he asked that question. It’s too painful and
I can’t take the pain Jay oppa has caused. After all these years I’ve been waiting for him, he has forgotten
me.

"Cheongmal?" He shifts his position and faces my left side.

"Ne, cheongmal," I said, looking at him.

"Can I know what happened?" He asked again. Although I don’t wanna recall what had happened earlier, I
felt like I could tell him everything and so I did.

"Aigoo… That guy is a jerk," he sounded rather angry.

"No, don’t say him like that. Maybe he’s too busy or something. I don’t know," I sighed and looked down at
my hands.

"Koktchongma, I’ll always be right here beside you," Jonghyun said and he holds my hand, rubbing the back
of my palm using his thumbs. I smiled at him.

"Kacha," he said as he grips my hand.

"Eo-Eodiya? (Where?)" I asked.

"I… Umm… I wanna take you somewhere," Jonghyun replied.

Why is he using this route? Isn’t this route leads to Jay oppa and my ‘territory’? Why is he taking me here?
How did he got to know of this place? I thought no one else knows about this place except for me and Jay oppa. Questions exploded like fireworks the minute he took me there.

"Why did you take me here?" I asked him, trying not to sound that this place is my ‘territory’.

Jonghyun’s POV :

Now, I’m gonna make you remember me, Hee Young. Chebal, remember me. I can’t take this pain any longer because…

"Why did you take me here?" she asked.

"Wae? Have you been here before?"

"A-Aniyo," she sounded a little startled. I chuckled at her.

"This place is cool right? It’s just so nice. I like it here," I said. She smiled and she rubbed both of her
hands up and down.

"You are cold," I said as I took out my jacket and placed it over her. She looked at me and she gave me
the sweet, angelic smile I’ve been longing for all these years.

"Wait for a while," I said.

Hee Young’s POV :

"Wait for a while," he said as he went behind the big tree and came out with a guitar in his hands.

"Omo! When did you put it there?" I nearly exposed my secret that I have been here.

Jonghyun winked at me and he tried plucking the guitar strings. He then played a tune of melody, my favourite song.

‘Ireol ttaereul pomyeon na origineun hangabwa nun ape dugodo ojji hal jul molla
Eotteohke deul sarangeul sijakhago inneunji saranghaneun saramdeul marhaejwoyo
Onjenga geunyo soneul jaba bol na olkkayo
Gameun du nun wie kiss haneun naldo wajulkkayo

Hello Hello
Nareumdaero yonggil naessoyo
Hello Hello
Jamshi yaegi hallaeyo
Hello Hello
Naega jom sotuljin mollado
Who knows eojjeom uri
Jal dweljido molla’



Tears came rolling down my cheeks again. This time, they’re not sad tears but tears of joy. I’m so touched and have I mention before that I like guys who serenade me a song with a guitar? No? Now, I did.

He put down his guitar and walked towards me.

"Hee Young, I can’t bear to see you all teary-eyed anymore. I am so sorry that I have caused you a lot of pain. I’m sorry that I can’t see you all these years," he said as he cupped my face and wiped the tears off my face.

"N-Ne?" I was confused. Way too confused. Why did he apologise to me all of a sudden?

"I…"

Jonghyun’s POV :

"I…" As I started to tell her, a droplet of water dripped on my face. Soon, it was raining lightly.

"Omo!" Hee Young squeaked and she ran towards the big tree.

"It’s a relief that there’s this big tree here," she continued.

"Hee Young ah…" I gather my guts to tell her the truth that I’ve been hiding from her since we met.

"Ne?" She turned to look at me.

"I… I…" I took a deep breath and continued, "I am Jay."

She stared at me blankly and tears began to dwell up her eyes again.

"O-Oppa? Jonghyun, you are really… Jay oppa?" Her voice started to shake.

"Ne, I’m Jay. I’m really sorry that I have put you into a lot of pain," I apologised. Now that I’s raining, her
tears eventually mixes with the raindrops.

"Why oppa? Why did you do this to me? Do you know how much it hurts?" She cried and she started to hit
me helplessly. Unable to see her crying face anymore, I pulled her into my arms and held her tightly. She
then struggled to get off my hug.

"Let me go… Let. Me. Go," she screamed in between her sobs.

"NO! I will never let you go anymore! NEVER! I can’t bear the pain any longer and I can’t stop thinking
about you and on whether you’ll forget me for 3652 days since the eleventh of November of 2001!" I let everything out that is in my heart as I held her tighter.

Hee Young’s POV :

Jonghyun… Jay oppa… I don’t understand. You guys are the same person?

"NO! I will never let you go anymore! NEVER! I can’t bear the pain any longer and I can’t stop thinking about you and on whether you’ll forget me for 3652 days since the eleventh of November of 2001!" I was stunned and speechless when he said that.

"I… I will never forget you, oppa… But why didn’t you turn up just now?" I asked.

"I’m here all these while. It’s just that you didn’t see me," he answered.

"You mean the guy I saw that day is you?"

"N-Ne," he rubs his neck as he said that.

"Why did you run away when you see me?" I asked.

"I don’t know… I’m scared that you’ll be devastated when you know that I’m Jay," he said.

"Ne? Why?"

"I… don’t know… but you’re always in my heart these 10 years."

"Oppa…" I sobbed again.

"Don’t cry anymore," Jonghyun said as he planted a soft kiss on my forehead. He then held my hands.

"I’m so sorry, Hee Young," he apologised again.

"For?" I asked.

"For causing you to be lonely and for everything that happened from 11/11/01 til now," he answered. I
shook my head furiously.

"Aniya~ There is nothing to be sorry for, oppa," I said.

"It’s just that… I don’t wanna leave you ever again because of this," he pulled me to the back of the tree,
near the branches and pointed to a carving that reads ‘종현 ♥ 희영’. I smiled and look at him.
(종현 ♥ 희영 = Jonghyun ♥ Hee Young)

"Cheongmalyo, oppa?" I asked to get a double confirmation of the carving.

"Ne, cheongmal," Jonghyun said and he pushed me til my back is in contact with the tree. He then placed
his hands on the tree with me in between. He leaned in slowly and when there’s only a few millimeters gap in between our faces, he said, "Saranghae, Hee Young." He closes the gap by pressing his lips on mine. I was totally helpless at that moment.

"Oppa… I… I like you, Jay oppa but… I’m in love with someone else," I said sadly.

"Who?" His expression changes in a dash to a hangdog look.

"I’m in love with a guy named…" I stopped for a while, looking at him. His facial expression shows it all.
He’s indeed jealous.

"Jonghyun," I continued, smiling at him. He chuckled and he pulled my waist towards him, turning me
around.

"Saranghae, oppa," I tiptoed and gave him a peck on the cheeks.

"Nado saranghae," he leaned in and brushed his lips against mine.