Chapter 1

Pepero's Confession

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong…………….

“Tadaaah….., we’re here!!” Himchan shouted animatedly when Sunhwa opened the girls’ dormitory door.

Sunhwa furrowed her eyebrows hearing his loud voice. “Yah, you’ve already abused our door bell, now you’re abusing our ears! ………… Eonniii….. they’re here!!”

Himchan stepped into the living room followed by the rest of the B.A.P boys.  

Annyeonghaseyo…..” each of them greeted Sunhwa politely. When the rest of the girls showed up, the boys greeted and bowed to the girls once again.

“Aaawwww, they’re such polite cuties” Zinger squeaked with her signature nasal voice and giggled out.

“You guys had better brought something to eat too. Jieun has already made plenty of beef stew and spicy chicken, but considering your appetite for food, I’m not sure it would be enough to feed 10 people” Hyosung muttered while darting her fierce eyes to Daehyun.

The person in guilty chuckled. “Don’t worry, noona. We’ve bought some pizza, chips, and, just in case we’re still hungry, ramyun. Specially picked by Yongguk hyung” Daehyun smiled proudly after listing out their food supplies.

“…… and of course several boxes of pepero. It is Pepero Day after all” Himchan added. He swung a plastic bag full of pepero boxes.

“You’re cooking?” Yongguk asked Jieun enthusiastically.

Jieun blinked and then nodded. “But I made them in a rush, I’m not sure about the taste. You guys only told us this morning that you will be visiting. We had to hurry to the grocery store to buy some ingredients” she pouted cutely.

Seeing her cute pose, he bit his lip. “I am sure they taste delicious” he smiled and then looked away shyly. Somehow, he was thinking about something else other than the food.

Hyosung looked at both of them curiously and Himchan nudged her softly and whispered “Told ya….”

She pierced at him and smiled mischievously. “Jom, let’s eat first now! I’m hungry” she clasped her fingers.

Everyone headed to the dining room and started to eat. Since the dining table did not fit for all of them, they brought their filled plates to the living room and ate there. Chatters and laughter were heard and the atmosphere was very warm and cheerful.  

After dinner, Jongup and Zelo did the washing while the others were still gathering in the living room drinking lemonade. Himchan sat next to Hyosung and was trying to entertain her with his not-so-funny jokes. Sunhwa, Youngjae, and Daehyun were having a competition to knock down various formations of empty lemonade cans with a baseball. Meanwhile, Jieun, Zinger, and Yongguk were talking about music in general. Actually, it was more about Zinger and Yongguk talking since they had more things in common. Jieun was occasionally commenting on their talk.

“Hey, noona” Himchan whispered to Hyosung, “we need to do something about those clueless two” he pointed his chin towards Yongguk and Jieun.

“You mean fixing them up together? They both are so shy towards each other. It should be Yongguk who makes the first move, duh” Hyosung replied cynically.

“I know, but I’m tired of watching them ‘flirting unconsciously’, if you ever call that flirting” Himchan shrugged.

“Hey Zinger, could you come here for a minute? We need to discuss something with you” he called out to Zinger.

The person being called complied and came nearer, leaving Yongguk and Jieun alone. The three of them were talking so softly and closely that Jieun could not hear a thing even though she tried so hard.

Sighing, Jieun then turned her eyes to Yongguk, “What could they possibly are discussing about? They look so serious”. Her eyes rounded beautifully. Her heart started to pound when she looked straight into his eyes. Suddenly she felt her cheeks getting warmer.

“No idea. Probably Himchan need to ask for a second opinion for his lame jokes, since Hyosung noona was not amused by them” Yongguk answered casually while rubbing his finger to his nostrils, to calm down his racing heart, and smiled at her.

Jieun chuckled. “Well, he is kinda lame sometimes” her cheeks were now red, blushing, and her ears felt warm. She took another gulp of her drink. Yongguk did the same with his and looked away.

Little they both knew that, all along, they have been watched by three pairs of eyes.

Zinger fixed her eyes on Himchan’s. “Let’s execute your plan” she stated firmly.