Time Capsule

Time Capsule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He put the box down, inside the hole that he had created. Covering it with soil again, he lightly dusted his hands as he looked up to smile at her. “How should we mark this?” He smiled as he asked. “How about this?” She pointed at a uniquely-shaped stone. “Done,” again, he smiled. His breathtaking smile.

 “Minhee-ah, let’s open this once we meet again later, okay?” He said he patted the soil right over where their time capsule was buried. “Promise, neither one of us will open this alone before we meet each other again?” She asked while offering her pinky for him to hook. “Promise,” he smiled as he laced his pinky with hers.

 

***

 

That very fine day was the day of her graduation, their graduation. Flowers of congratulatory messages were received by every graduating student in the school. Smile was evident on every one of their faces as they finally had graduated, ready to face another new chapter of their lives.

The graduation ceremony ended in a blink. Her friends immediately pulled her to take some memorable pictures as the evidence of their graduation. She turned around and smile apologetically to Mir, her best of the best friend. She had promised him to bury their own time capsule together with him but she couldn’t help it with her friends and family dragging for another photo.

Minhee and Mir, were undoubtedly the best of the best friend ever. Even everyone in their school knew about them. Literally, they were inseparable, sibling look-a-like. Heck, they were even more than a sibling you could say. Ever since the freshmen year, he always had a way to approach her, to make her smile with his silly antics. That was how she became best friends with him. He had always succeed in putting that smile in her face and he was always the one who was responsible for her laughs.

 

Finally, after several photos were taken, Minhee was able to excuse herself. She walked to the school’s backyard and walked through the hill. Under the big tree was Mir, sitting down casually on the ground with his eyes closed. The wind blowing his hair making him even more handsome.

“Yong-ah,” she called softly with his nickname from her as she patted his shoulder. He stirred slightly before opening his eyes. “Oh Minhee-ah. You’re here,” he smiled through his half-lidded eyes. “Done with the photo-taking stuffs?” “Mmm,” she hummed as an answer while nodding. “Minhee-ah,” he called ever so softly. “Emm?” She turned her head towards him, only to be greeted by his face with his eyes closed. “You do know I want to be a singer, right?” He uttered with his eyes still closed, sighing in every words that came out of his mouth. Only from one look to his face and his sighs, she knew she wouldn’t like any of the words that were about to slip out of his mouth.

“I’m moving to Seoul, to reach my dream,” he said, letting out a very long sigh after. There was a slight tinge of hesitancy in his voice. She heaved out a silent sigh. “I know. And you, yourself, know that I won’t stop you, right? I’ll support you no matter what,” she smiled as he opened his eyes. Looking at her, his eyes spoke too much. His eyes, they were soft and tender, they spoke out his determination, his desire to reach his dreams and perhaps, his love?

“Have you written yours yet?” He asked out of the blue. “Mmm, sure!” She replied after digging through her own pocket to search that certain little paper. “Yours?” She turned to ask him. “Here,” he patted the box beside him which went unnoticed by her. She peered over the box and put her own paper inside.

“Shall we?” He asked with a shovel in his hand. Earning a nod from her, he dug in, creating a hole under the tree, the big old tree. Little beads of perspiration trickled down his face. She squatted next to him as she rested her head on her palms, admiring the way he looked with those sweats trickled down his skin. Under the sunset, as handsome as always.

He put the box down, inside the hole that he had created. Covering it with soil again, he lightly dusted his hands as he looked up to smile at her. “How should we mark this?” He smiled as he asked. “How about this?” She pointed at a uniquely-shaped stone. “Done,” again, he smiled. His breathtaking smile.

 “Minhee-ah, let’s open this once we meet again later, okay?” He said he patted the soil right over where their time capsule was buried. “Promise, neither one of us will open this alone before we meet each other again?” She asked while offering her pinky for him to hook. “Promise,” he smiled as he laced his pinky with hers.

 

***

 

4 years later.

 

The lights shone brightly, loud sound emitting from the speakers of the grand stage. The intro music started playing when five guys jumped onto the stage, full with oozing charisma which enough to earn wild squeals from all the girls watching. The crowd cheered loudly as the five of them introduced themselves after finishing their opening dance. Among the crowd, there was her, with a smile on her face as longing filled her heart.

“Annyeonghaseyo, MBLAQ’s maknae, Mir-imida!” He greeted while bowing to the crowd as the cheerful maknae he was. He was the last one to introduce himself. She smiled. How she missed him. She missed joking around with him, sharing everything with him, laughing with him, throwing pranks, and hanging out with him. Yet, she couldn’t help but felt proud of him. Proud of him for he had achieved his dream, his dream to stand on the stage and to perform in front of ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter