Tell Me That You Love Me Too

My Dancing Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSAbUzmh46g


Teen Top’s new song ‘Supa Luv’ was released, and Andromedas everywhere were delighted. It was a new sound, a completely different change from Clap. As Rachel watched the performance on Inkigayo, she was mesmerised with the sharp dance moves and Ricky’s matrix. Rachel was also surprised about Changjo’s new line.

It was English, and Rachel found his glasses extremely cool, wondering if he could actually see out of them.

She was also surprised with everyone’s hairstyles. Especially L.Joe’s, since his hair was pink. The performance ended, and Rachel received a text message from Seoul.
“Did you watch Inkigayo?”
Rachel replied with a smiley face, saying: “Yeah I did. It was good.” 

With that she turned the TV off, suddenly uninterested in the other performances. As Rachel placed the remote back on the coffee table, she started to remember the outing that she had with Changjo.

The way he was laughing on the side of the road.

The way he kissed her cheek.

Somehow it brought a feeling of embarrassment to her.

Or was it happiness? Warmth? Rachel felt like her heart was on fire, but then again, it could just be heartburn.

Rachel laughed out loud at her thought of heartburn. She lay back on the couch, and closed her eyes, longing for a well-earned sleep.

***

Teen Top walked off the stage, exhausted from their vigorous dance.  As they made their way back to the dressing rooms, Changjo pulled his glasses off, squinting slightly to the sudden light change. It was near impossible to see through those glasses, but due to his almost obsessive practise sessions, he was able to memorise where to be, when and what to do.

But he was still the maknae.

Changjo followed the other members absent-mindedly, almost crashing into L.Joe who stopped walking.
“WAH! Hyung! Why did you stop?” Changjo asked, stepping back to regain his balance.
L.Joe laughed, “Sorry Changjo, I just remembered something.”
“So you had to stop?”
L.Joe patted his shoulder. “Mianhae Dongsaeng.”

Changjo rolled his eyes, anxiously waiting for the night to end.

***

It was lunchtime at school, and everyone was sitting on the ground, eating quietly. Even Changjo was there, sitting between Niel and Rachel. As they continued to eat, Seoul decided to start some conversation.
“So, how’s the promotions going?” she asked.
“Good,” Niel replied.
Changjo closed his mouth discreetly, his answer already spoken before it left his lips.

The conversation fizzled to an early end, and more silence followed and eating continued. Rachel picked at her food, knowing that some kind of conflict was going to happen this week. She felt uneasy, and she started to lose her appetite as she continued to think about what kind of conflict it was going to be. As she saw everyone’s lunchbox start to empty, she decided to stand up, and head to the library.
“Where are you going?” Mizuki asked, peeling her gaze from Jung-Hwa.
“Nowhere. The library.” Rachel replied, smiling slightly.
“Did you want us to come with you?” Niel asked.

Changjo clenched his jaw, another answer taken from him.

Rachel shook her head. “No, stay here. I’ve got some work to do anyway.”

Everyone nodded, and Rachel started to leave, going up the stairs. As she left, she felt eyes on her back, and Rachel wondered who they belonged to. Changjo? Niel? Or was it Seoul? She knew Mizuki was talking to Jung-Hwa so it wouldn’t be her. As she reached the top of the stairs, she ran into one of the teachers.
“Omona! Mianhae Seonsaengnim!” Rachel bowed low. It happened to be her maths teacher, and she laughed brightly.
“It’s ok Rachel-ah, It never happened. Are you alright?” she asked.
Rachel tilted her head to the side. “What do you mean Seonsaengnim?
“You look tired. Have you been staying up too late Rachel-ah?”
Rachel shook her head, “No, I’ve just been thinking too much Seonsaengnim.”
Her teacher nodded with understanding, and she patted her shoulder. “Don't think too much Rachel-ah. I’ll be off then, annyonghi kaysayo.”
Rachel bowed low again. “Annyonghi kasayo Seonsaengnim.”

***

The school started to empty, and Rachel stayed in her seat, watching the classroom starting to empty. Niel watched her from the back, and wondered why she stayed in her seat.
“Annyong Rachel-ah.” Niel said, getting up from his desk to sit next to her.
“Annyong Niel.” She replied blankly.
“Something wrong?”
“I'm just trying to figure out something,” she replied, twisting her lips.
“Is it homework?” Niel asked.
Rachel shook her head. “No.”
“What is it then?” Niel looked at her
“I went out with Changjo the oth–”
“You did what?” Niel frowned.
“I...wait.”
Niel stood up, swallowing hardly. “You went out with Changjo?
“That’s not what I meant Niel.”
“Are you sure? It sounded like something completely different.”
“He’s my friend!” Rachel got up from her seat.
“That’s a lie!”
“NIEL! I’ve known him since I first transferred!”
“Why did you do it?” Niel asked, clenching his fist.

Rachel stared at the ground. “It’s what he wanted for his birthday.”
Niel gritted his teeth, and sighed deeply. “What about that kiss!?”
“What kiss?” Rachel asked back. She started to feel uneasy, answering the question she asked herself earlier in the day.
“When I walked in that night. That kiss.” Niel felt his heart start to sting.
“...That was part of his birthday present too.” Rachel whispered.

Niel crossed his arms. “What’s wrong with you?”
“There's nothing wrong with me!”
“Do you make yourself better by going out with other guys!?”
“I wasn’t going out with him!” Rachel felt her eyes start to burn.
“Did you even enjoy our date!?”
“Of course I did!”
“Then why did you say yes to Changjo!?”
“Because I'm his friend!”
“You know how much this hurts me? He’s in the same group!”
“I know that Niel!” Rachel tried to restrain her tears down.

Silence hung in the air as Niel stared out the window.

“Do you love me?” Niel asked quietly.
Rachel looked at the blackboard, feeling the tears run down her face.
“...Tell me that you love me too, please.” Niel stepped forward, looking at her.

Rachel recognised the words from Supa Luv.

It was Changjo’s line.

Rachel opened to reply, but Changjo walked in.
“Rachel? Niel hyung? What are you guys doing here?” Changjo asked.
Niel spun around, and anger immediately took over.
“YOU!” Niel yelled, and walked up to Changjo, punching him in the face. Changjo stepped back, covering his eye.
“THE HELL? WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?” Changjo replied.
“You stole Rachel from me!” Niel replied, and went in for another punch. Changjo dodged it, and punched Niel in the stomach. Niel crouched over, breathless. Changjo took the collar of Niel’s shirt, and threw Niel towards the desk. Niel’s figure crashed into desks, and Rachel jumped as Niel crashed to the floor.
“I never stole her. You’re overreacting.” Changjo replied.

Niel staggered up to his feet, and took Changjo off his guard, kicking him in the leg. Changjo fell to the floor, and Niel straddled him, punching him repeatedly in the face. Rachel started to cry, watching the two boys beat each other up. Changjo managed to get Niel off him, punching him in the mouth. Niel fell off, but went back to punch Changjo again.

Rachel found herself running to the scene, holding her hands out towards the both of them. “Stop! Please!” she yelled. The boys stood up, Changjo having blood run down his face, while Niel had a bloody lip and grazed chin. Tears continued to run down her face, and she bit her lip.
“Just stop. You don't need to fight. I'm not that important. Don’t hurt each other, you’re members.” Rachel turned to put the desk back up to its place.
Changjo and Niel watched her. Rachel looked back to the both of them, and sighed, wiping her tears away. Niel extended a hand, and Rachel stepped back.

“Don't touch me. Neither of you.” Rachel turned, and left the classroom, leaving Changjo and Niel in silence.