.

Let Me In

Jonghyun chuckled, breath still huffing on the other's lips. He then shook his head and pushed away from the other, running his hands through his hair and pacing around the room. He blew out a frustrated noise and continued to audibly pad his socks on the cool kitchen floor. 

Kibum giggled, assuming he understood the other's reasoning behind his emotions. "Jonghyun, I don't actually think you're a strawberry."

"No, it's not that." Jonghyun mumbled, moving over to Kibum's side as he began to thoughtfully comb his fingers through the short hairs the ended on the back of the other's neck, the slight tickle making him squirm is his seat that was positioned at an island in Jonghyun's kitchen and swiveled with his hips. Jonghyun halted Kibum's wriggling by tossing his arm over his shoulder and resting his chin on Kibum's head. "Don't get mad."

Kibum jerked his hips in the direction Jonghyun's voice was coming from and moved his hands up the other's chest until they found his shoulders. Lacing his fingers together at the back of Jonghyun's neck, the younger boy continued to cause the chair to squeak beneath his twisting waist while gave Jonghyun a comforting smile. "I won't."

"I haven't...with a guy..."

"Ah, I get it." Kibum said, nodding his head as he started to twiddle his finger's on the back of Jonghyun's neck, feeling the brittle hairs of the dyed under layer. "So Strawberry hyung doesn't know how to deal with the foreign feeling of wanting someone..." he lowered his tone to a stage whisper. "...with the same junk in their pants."

Jonghyun laughed at the Kibum's over dramatizing the last words but nonetheless wiggled himself between the younger's legs in attempt to close in the distance between them. "I guess you're right, but I'm not running away and I sure don't want it to stop."

"Jonghyun, I don't even have friends. I just shut everyone out. But for some reason, and I have no idea what that is, I just want to trust you." Kibum cocked his head to the side and gave a lopsided smile.

"I know, Kibum I-" Jonghyun began as he moved in to the other's face again. He, however, was interrupted by a loud pounding at the door. Jonghyun scoffed, not inches away from Kibum's lips and broke away to go answer the door, angry steps making the floor creak beneath stomping feet. He didn't know who to expect, given that his mother wouldn't be home for hours and he hadn't invited anyone but Kibum over. Kibum just continued to twirl around on his seat, reaching over to grab his sunglasses and push them back up his nose.

Cautiously opening the door, Jonghyun's eyes went wide and his heart sank when the girl he found standing on his door step squealed and flung her arms around him. "Jjongie!" she yelped and though her body was small, it had enough impact to cause Jonghyun to stagger backwards with his arms awkwardly extended and avoiding her body.

Kibum instantly stilled when he heard the voice of the girl, high pitched tone piercing his ear drums and he twisted his face into an almost scowl. He listened carefully as the door closed behind her and he made out a little gasp that had involuntarily escaped Jonghyun's lips.

The girl bounced up and down, a little too excitedly, huge curls in her hair springing with every giddy clap and jump she did. "Oh my gosh! I didn't know you had a friend over. I would have called, I'm so sorry! Jjongie, introduce me!"

Every word the girl spoke made Kibum dislike her even more. She sounding gross and fake, and basically everything Kibum hated in a person. Everything Jonghyun didn't sound like.

Jonghyun nervously tilted his head to the side and scratched the back of his neck. He could hardly manage a forced voice of welcome, let alone excitement, so his voice sounded more fake than plastic, which made Kibum smile. "Wow, Jessica, I didn't know you were planning on stopping by. This is my friend Kibum. Kibum, Jessica."

Jessica rolled her eyes with a grin and moved all of her weight on to one foot, causing her hip to unnaturally jut out at the side. "I'm sure Jjonie's told you all about me. We're kind of seeing each other, but I'm sure you know that."

Kibum smiled sweetly through the sting that radiated through his chest at the girl's words. "Actually, I've heard nothing about you."

Jessica let out a ditsy giggle before putting her arms around Jonghyun from the back. "Well, it isn't official I guess. Fun fact, Jjongie is the best kisser in the world."

The further the hurt sank into Kibum, the more of a front he put up. He knew how to build his wall, hell, he had spent his whole life practicing it. He spoke to her in the snarkiest tone he could manage without his voice cracking from the tears that had began to sting his eyes from behind his glasses "Did you just say 'fun fact'?"

"Jjongie, is your friend okay?"

"I'm right ing here, don't talk about me like I'm not. Jonghyun, is this your lovely girlfriend you told me nothing about?" Kibum spoke to the girl in a very agitated tone that switched to a very falsely innocent one when he spoke to Jonghyun.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Not yet!" Jessica chirped.

Jonghyun felt like a fish out of water, not knowing in the least what to do in this scenario. "Jessica, you should go."

Kibum reached into his bag, biting his lip until he tasted blood. Pulling out and unfolding his stick he stood up and walked to where he remembered the door was located. "Jonghyun, delete my number and do not try to speak to me. I am leaving. Do not follow me."

Jonghyun choked back tears as he watched the younger boy walk out the door and take a seat on his front steps. Eyes were reddening as tears spilling over the rims of his eyes while through the window Kibum picked up his phone, presumable to call for a ride. "Jessica, get out."

"But Jjongie, why does your friend hate me? I didn't do anything wrong! Is he jealous that you love me more than him? Is he...blind?"

"When did I say I loved you? Get the out of my house!" Jonghyun's rage was only enhanced by the walls bouncing his voice off of them, he thought he even saw Kibum flinch outside. He had yet to take his eyes off the younger. He chased after Jessica and as she left the house, still shouting accusations at Jonghyun.

By the time she was on the porch, not three feet from Kibum as she shouted once more before walking away. "I am the prettiest girl that has ever put up with you, and you're choosing him over me?! You're probably ing him. You're GAY aren't you?!"

Jonghyun practically spat in the girls face. "So what if I am, I still want you out of my face! And you are walking proof that you can be pretty and repulsive at the same time. Goodbye, ing ice ."

Jessica let out a petty little noise of protest before stalking down Jonghyun's driveway and disapearing around the corner, obnoxiously high heels thunking on the ground. Jonghyun wiped every ounce of rage from his system when he saw Kibum who was squeezing his fists so tightly that his perfect nails were leaving crescent indents in his own palms. Kibum's breath was shaking as he defeatedly slumped down side ways on the railing that sat at the edge of the steps leading to the porch.

As much as Jonghyun wanted to break down at the sad sight, he fought it off. "Key, please. She thought we were seeing each other just because I gave her one chance after months of her stalking me, please, please understand."

"Don't call me Key anymore. Actually, don't call me period."

It was then that a car pulled into the driveway. Kibum heard it and cautiously made his way to the passengers side, got in, and the car drove off. Jonghyun sat and watched it until it disapeared, tears finally flowing at a constant rate as the only person he has every felt such strong feelings for in his entire life left him alone, potentially never to be seen again.

__________________________________

Not a day went buy over the seemingly long break that Jonghyun didn't think of or try to get a hold of Kibum. It took everything in his power not to use what little information he had of the boy to track his house down and leave him no choice but to talk to him. But that wasn't logical, and Jonghyun knew that well enough. He also knew that between his feelings toward Kibum and the unbearable recent absence of him, he was basically putty in the other boy's hands.

Taking thing into his own hands, Jonghyun had went to the school a day before school was to start up again and spoke with the principal. He bent whatever truth he needed to to ensure that he would be Kibum's personal tour on his first day of school. So maybe they weren't long time childhood friends, but the principal didn't need to know that.

The first day approached and Jonghyun had gone in extra and uncharacteristically early to receive his own schedule, which he had obviously lost the second he had gotten it two weeks ago, as well as Kibum's. He was surprised to see that they matched identically. When he asked the principal as to why this was he was notified that Kibum was an exceptional student and was in a grade above his age level, and had coincidentally taken all the same courses as Jonghyun, so they had been paired up out of pure coincidence. Jongkyun could hardly suppress his excitement.

He walked to his first class, two papers in hand and peered in. It was math, his least favourite subject though with Kibum in it he was sure that was going to change. He spotted a multi coloured haired boy at the back of the class and grinned so wide that he was sure he looked insane, not that Jonghyun cared in the slightest.

Moving to the back of the room quickly, Jonghyun dropped his books on the desk beside Kibum's and spoke in a jokingly authorities tone. "Hello, my name is Jonghyun and I will be your tour guide."

Jonghyun's insides did back flips as he nervously waited a response, Kibum's uneasy voice speaking after visibly becoming uncomfortable. "Go away, I don't need a ing tour guide."

"No, I'm sure you don't." Jonghyun agreed, almost basking in the long awaited presence of the other even though he was clearly being rejected. "I just want a solid reason as to why you're angry, and then I'll leave. I promise."

Kibum's mouth dropped, as if in shock that he wasn't aware of his own wrong doing. "Jonghyun, it's because some part of you is ashamed about being with me. Stop right ing there! I know what you're going to say, that you don't care if I had seven legs and twelve eyes, and that you would still like me if I did. It might be you, a part of you that isn't ready to admit to liking another guy. Whatever it is, when Jessica showed up you were ashamed of something to do with being with me and I do not ing need that."

"Stand up." Jonghyun demanded, harsh tone eminating through the chatter of the rest of the classroom and called attention to them immediately.

Kibum's voice became a hiss of a whisper. "Don't tell me what to ing do."

"Stand. Up." Jonghyun punctuated.

Kibum groaned, but complied, standing from his chair and facing forward and specifically pointing his head away from the direction of Jonghyun's voice as he folded his arms reluctantly over his chest. Jonghyun then proceeded to grab one of his arms in one hand and the side of his face in the other. Using both grips, he jerked a now speechless Kibum in his direction, connecting their lips as soon as the younger's became available. The room was filled with gasps and hushed questions regarding the two, but there was no denying what was clearly unfolding with all to see.

The room had grown dead silent, and Jonghyun pulled away from their innocent yet electric kiss as soon as he heard the familiar clatter of his teachers boots entering the room. He opened his eyes slowly, more terrified to see the reaction from Kibum than anyone else in the room. Much to his joy, Kibum was wearing a huge smile that instantly mirrored on his own face.

Jonghyun with his unwavering grin turned back to it down wordlessly, not paying any mind to the dozens of eyes that were glued to his every move. The teacher began to scribble on the board, speaking to the class as she did so. "I don't know what just happened, but who ever is responsible for shutting up this class needs an award. I'm Mrs. Lee and I'll be teacher your first period math class this semester."

 

 

A/N: I AM SO ING SORRY FOR BEING A-WALL PLEASE FORGIVE ME