Mister

KARA Buster Squad

(Warning: no relation to KARA the Animation. Have no idea they actually turn Nicole into a marine soldier.)

BOOOOP!

The sound that came most people heard from Inception is heard again, but this time it is a real-life sounds coming from a huge boat.

“Nicole, we are preparing for the voyage!” a man’s voice is heard, “Ready at your station!”

“Yes, sir!” Nicole salutes at the captain.

He continues, “Also, why don’t you check out our guests?”

“Soldiers from Seoul Division?”

“Yes, those people.”

Nicole is about to move, but turns toward the old man, “Why are they here, Captain? No army ever interested in us marines.”

“Who knows? But this one soldier is a bit peculiar to say.”

“Peculiar?”

He gives her a file in a folder, “This is the information on the guests. Make sure you keep an eye on the one named Jung Kyu.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Only two words?” Nicole mumbles, looking through the file. She stops, looking at the profile of the man called Jung Kyu.

He indeed has only two words for his name. Nobody uses that anymore. On top of that, he was born in Kuala Lumpur District. If she recalled correctly, that place is one of the deserted locations; locations that the military did not pay any attention due to so many Uec’s attacks.

She reads his record.

Eyes widen.

Only one year took for him to become a Colonel? Is he a monster or what?

This is so suspicious. No man could possibly able to reach from the simple Private all the way to Colonel in just a year. It has been two years and she still stuck of being Ensign.

She takes a look at the records. He has joined the fight near the borders so many time, able to live without hurting himself. That man is full of mystery.

“Who is he, really?

This information is not enough. She needs to see the big picture. She needs to meet him face to face.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a hurry, she wears her cap, running toward the meeting room.

Slowly, Nicole enters the place, looking around.

There is a short meeting to introduce the marines to the guests.

As she looks at the guests one by one, her eyes stop at Kyu, who politely bows at her.

One of the guests stares at him, “What’s with the bow? Your rank is higher than any of them.”

“All of them are older than me. They deserve a respect.”

Nicole gives a deep thought. Is he insulting or actually respecting?

One of the marines elbows her gently, “Are you spacing out?”

“Ah, I’m sorry.”

Kyu chuckles, “It’s fine.”

Okay, that IS insulting. Is he saying that his attitude is far superior?

He will get his medicine soon, she promised to herself.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nicole slowly opens up her eyes, looking toward her front.

Kyu is sitting in front of him as she quickly sits up straight in panic, with her eyes still dazing, “I’m so sorry.”

“You’re just tired, that’s all.”

“But I am disrespecting you.”

Kyu stands up, moving his bare fingers across her lips, startling her. She can feel that her drools are wiped out by him.

He just smiles at her, rubbing her head gently.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back at the ship, Nicole is seen standing near the dock, feeling wind breezing on her face. This is one of the reasons why she joins the marines in the first place. This place gives her natural winds, rather than the one in the districts.

It is an unfiltered wind, away from those who wishes to not breathe in the same air as the Uec.

“It’s sad.”

She turns to her left, seeing Kyu standing near her, watching the sea.

Curiosity moves her, “What is so sad?”

“Uec.”

“The enemy? Why?”

He looks at her, “What do you think about them?”

That…is a nice question…

“Well, they killed humans, making us lose our land, forced to live sheltered under metal domes, breathing filtered and processed oxygen. Uec is the one that made us suffer.”

“Animal killed humans, after we took away their natural habitats. Human killed human, taking each places to form one country.”

“But look at what happens after all of those. We are still able to live a free live, regardless how many war or defense against the animals. But with Uec, we are nearly extinct. Isn’t protecting our existences is the whole reason why we fought them in the first place?”

“Animals nearly ceased to exist because we cut off most of their needs to live. A race nearly ceased to exist because we are so eager to have more lands for just few people.”

“But we have no future with Uec! They are monsters! With them on the Earth, the future of the humanity is shortening!” she seems agitated.

Kyu stares at her, “Are you from the future? Have you seen the future?”

Silenced. How will she counter such killer question?

Ah, she knows the answer!

“They’re monsters! They killed people for no reason! We did not started the war, they did! They are the threat of humanity! I’m sure destruction is their lifestyle!”

“Then why there is no news of animals and plants killed of electricity?”

That…makes sense…

“So far they only targeted us, humans. There should be a reason why, right?”

A male marine arrives into the scene, facing Nicole, “Ensign, the captain is telling us to meet up in the meeting room.”

He then faces Kyu, “Colonel, you too.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The two are facing a holographic diorama from a table along with other people around the place.

The captain mutters, “We are reaching Washington District and will be able to send the guests safely to the destination, but here lies the problem; using the normal route toward the district, a Uec’s lair was found around there and it is possible that the numbers of the Uec are too much for us to bear. We also should not endanger the guests as well. There is an alternate route but it will take almost a week just to traverse around the globe. What matters here is that our supplies may have been insufficient for such journey.”

Nicole responds, “How about move toward the nearby district first? Surely Sydney District can give us some of their supplies.”

But then one of the guests interferes, “Why not just fight them?”

The marines shocked, look at him.

“Isn’t this platoon is one of the best marine platoons on Earth? Can’t you guys handle such small thing?”

Nicole speaks to him in slight of anger, “Sir, with all of the respects, we are entering the Uec’s lair; a nest if you please. A Uec’s spot can be considered small as they are as huge as a medium-sized housing area. But a lair is as big as the smallest district still standing, and that’s the smallest size of lairs possible. We may have fought with Uec out here before, but entering a nest is suicide, even if we have five platoons helping us out.”

“Sorry, girl, but we have no time to play around,” a young guest speaks toward her, “We have a meeting and we need to make it to the destination ASAP. If you guys not bring us to this important event, all of you will be counted as traitors! You, marines have pledged to die for the humanity and you will do what you need to do as soldiers!”

The captain mutters, “The meeting will be held a month from today and we can still make it if we move around the globe without hesitation.”

“Do you have an idea how tiring it is to get into the meeting just in time, not preparing anything?”

“I won’t let any of my crews to die in a battle they know they cannot win.”

“If you die, then you should be proud that you die as heroes of humanity!”

Kyu scoffs as he turns toward him, “Do you have a problem with that, newbie?”

“Owh, nothing. Just…I never thought one person would pull off “soldier should be proud to die in a battlefield” speech when they clearly have no experience in facing one Uec or using even the lightest pistol.”

“Rookie, say that again and you are going to get fired by my dad after we reach the district!”

“Owh, trying to play as a good son now, Kitamura?”

“You bastard!”

“Hold it, you two!” the captain shouts at the two, “Okay, we will agree to enter the nest. We will enter the lair silently and get through the place without any fight at all.”

Kyu looks at him, “Have you done it before?”

Nicole answers, “Yes, but at that time we were forced to because we were retreating after a fight with an ambush.”

Kyu is about to reply, but Kitamura interrupts him, “Well then, why not do the same things? Surely you can pull it off the second time!”

“It is too risky to do it aga-”

“I don’t care! This meeting is important and there’s so many people I need to meet before it is started, so my schedule is so tight!”

He walks away from there, followed by the other guests.

Kyu stares at him in anger before turning back to the marines, “Can’t believe he is so proud being an illegitimate child.”

The captain sighs, speaking to all of them, “Get ready for the battlefield. We might encounter the fight any moment by now.”

“Let me help out as well,” Kyu speaks but Nicole replies, “No! Your meeting is way important than our petty lives. Your non-presence in a hall full of more than 50 people will be noted by the whole world.”

“Hey, don’t put me in the same room as those bastards.”

“Shut up, you Uec sympathizer! You probably let other people do your that helps you promoted so fast! War experience, my !”

Kyu smirks, walking out of the place in anger.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The ship slowly moves toward the sea, approaching darker blue sea, with the cloud turns darker. Lightning can be heard rumbling around them.

Some of the crews and the guests are at the bridge, looking at the views with shivers in cowardice each. None of them could shake off the feeling of death nearing them.

They slowly move silently through the darkness, almost feeling thunder striking near them.

As they move along, they can see flying creatures around, moving past above them.

Kitamura whispers at the captain, “Shoot them when we still had a chance.”

Kyu pulls him away, “Did you have any idea what stealth mean?”

“But if we don’t shoot then they will detect us.”

“We are entering their place, so the least we could do is to not show any hostile movement toward any of them.”

“Are you going to betray the humanity?”

“How did you even get promoted to Colonel?”

One Uec nearly hits the glass of the front view but moves away from there at a split second.

But Kitamura failed to control his cowardice, “Get away!”

He reaches the gunman’s seat, pulls the trigger as the ship shoots out a blank space.

All the Uec turns toward the noise, spotting the white ship.

DENG! DENG! DENG!

Kyu pulls the brat away, throwing him onto the wall, “Look at what you have done! Now the Uec are going to kill us all!”

But he shrinks down, sitting in a fetal position on the wall, “We…we are going to survive this…dad will send reinforcements…”

The captain stands still, shouting out, “All hands, prepare to fight the Uec! Defend the ship till we step out of the nest!”

Nicole grits her teeth, jump toward the door first as everyone else follows from behind.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some of the marines are already engaging the fight with the Uec as some has landed on top of the ship.

Nicole and others step out as she points her gun around, smoothly shooting them all.

The Uec is getting many each minutes.

The girl then shouts, “Everyone, suit up!”

Wearing a white blank glove, she spins the dial on the left hand,”Soldiers, assign!”

With just a flash, all of them are wearing blank white suits mirror to SWAT team, with vests and white helmets. Ammos are all around their waists. This is the standard suit wear by marines.

Taking out two guns, she shoots any Uec she can see.

Still, the attack is getting heavy as the wave suddenly grumbles, splashing all around the ship. Their legs are no longer stable as hurricane suddenly came into the scene, shaking the place vigorously.

She keeps shooting at them all till an explosion hits her, pushing her to the side on the ground.

Nicole quickly sees a figure in black jacket with high heels standing near the place she stood before. Everyone else saw that as well.

What the…

The figure looks around, “Who is messing with my children? Is it you?” she playfully points toward one marine, who is terrified by her appearance.

Her finger moves toward one person, “Or is it you?”

“Or…it’s you, right?”

She points toward Nicole as the marine clearly see the face of the attacker.

She sees herself on the woman, but with longer hair and blonde.

Is this really Uec? But this woman looks human…

Is Uec…human?

The woman laughs, “Whoever it is, it is stupid of you to invade my place.”

Her right hand is filled with electricity as she throws it toward one marine, frying him till he burns and falls into the sea.

Seeing this, all other marines charge toward her, but it is pointless to do so.

Nicole sees it clearly.

This woman, she single handedly defeats each of the marines in one fight. Not just that; her supernatural ability of producing lightning from her own body, even corporate the thunder around her, is a fearful attack.

In just a minute, all have fallen.

The woman turns toward her, “What about you? Aren’t you going to attack me as well?”

That flirty voice of hers…is just adding fear into her bone.

Nicole slowly stands up, taking out her pistols as she shoot her, but electrical barrier appear around her, shooting back the bullets to their master. She is lucky to have a vest.

Nicole is thrown onto the railing, pulling her transformation away from her.

The woman gasps, “Whoa, this is incredible! I get to see myself!”

Herself? What is she talking about?

The lady quickly moves toward her, pulling her face, checking hers carefully, “I miss this face so much!”

Her words make no sense to her.

Nicole tries to reach for her gun, but a spark just shoots it away from her, “No fair! You cannot pull a shot during break!”

“Get away from her you !”

Double audio is heard as the woman is thrown away from her.

Nicole turns her head slightly to see Kyu running out and stands before the lady, “Girl, I appreciate for the fanservice you are showing me, but I would tell you to at least let us go from this place.”

“I can’t do that. You are the invader in this situation.”

“Then, I can’t let you get away any further,” Kyu shouts in anger.

His voice is heard as if two people speak in unison, or her vision is getting blurry.

“Buster assign…”

Thunder coming down onto him, as she can see him wearing light blue armor with an appearance of a beast, but she closes her eyes before anything.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Opens.

The sunlight shines onto her face, as she feels liquid flowing all over her. She can feels a pressure on her chest each breath.

“You’re okay, miss.”

She looks at her right weakly, seeing Kyu is close to her, holding her neck with his arm.

Nicole quickly rolls her body, finding herself holding onto a metal pole, “The ship…”

Kyu shakes his head.

Sadness fills her face.

She looks at him, “The captain…did he…”

“He told me to care for his subordinates before the ship sinks.”

“The guests…”

Only me and that brat survived. Well, his brain already got fried, so he might not be living too long though.”

“You…hate him so much…why?”

“I hate all people who are willingly to endanger lives just for their own sake. None shall be dead no matter how big the mission is.”

Tears flowing.

Nicole cries, feeling sadness already overwhelming her mind. Kyu moves closer to her, hugging her, pushes her head close to his shoulder.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nicole opens up her eyes, looking forward. She sees Kyu sleeps in front of her, facing her on her desk.

She yawns, pushing herself forward as she looks at him sleeping soundly.

Smile carves on her face, “I’ll be missing this…”

The alarm rings as Kyu quickly wakes up from his sleep, looking at the front screen.

All other members enter the place as well.

“The Uec is attacking!” Kyu shouts, “Buster Squad, move out!”

“Yes, sir!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The city is in chaos as the Uec’s mooks are attacking the place.

They are suspiciously many in number.

The four girls reach the place, and quickly wear their suits as soon as they nearing the Uec, instantly fighting against them all.

Nicole is going to change, but she stops on her track, looking at the leader of the enemy.

No…

It is the same woman from before…

With the same clothing…

The lady sees her, looking happy, “Wah, you’re here too! It has been a long time!”

“You…” she mutters, shaky in her breath.

The girl protests cheerfully, “Hey, I have a name, you know! It’s Jugun Nicole.”

“Ni…Nicole…?”

What in the world is going on?

 

End.

Yeah, this is the first appearance of Jugun Nicole, one of the worst Uec they could ever fight.

But who is she, really? What is her relation with Jung Nicole of Kara Buster Squad?

It should be noted that I have specific appearance for each of the characters in the story, so I would say that Jung Nicole here has the appearance from Mister. Jugun Nicole has the appearance from Pandora. I’m telling you guys so that none of you get confused.

Next: Nicole versus Nicole! Also, Seungyeon’s storyline is uncovered as a hacker.