Epilogue

His Empty Space

Winter 2047

 

Over the next two decades, Lee Jinki continued to live his life like this; talking to the imaginary Jung Sooyeon. His parents had died years earlier, and his few friends had left him. Of course, his friends cared for him, but they had lost hope a long time ago. Jung Soojung, or Jung Krystal, Jinki's girlfriend's sister, was the only that stayed by his side for 23 years.

She never gave up hope that he would gain his sanity back. Never forgot that he was the one her sister would always talk about. She never forgot that he was her sister's greatest joy in her life. Those things, she'd never forget. Jung Soojung, or Krystal, had made a vow back in the year 2010, when her sister had died in that horrid crash, that she would take care of Jinki. She vowed that she wouldn't leave him behind like she knew everyone else would. Why? Because only she would understand the pain he was going through. No one else in the world would be able to understand the slightest bit of Jinki's pain. Only she, Jung Krystal/Soojung would know how he felt.

 


 

In the anniversary of the fatal plane accident, Lee Jinki passed away from this earth. He was buried in the nicest coffin around and right next to his lovely princess, Jung Sooyeon. Even with his last few breaths, he talked to his deceased girlfriend. As expected, Krystal was right next to him when he passed and was the one who organized his funeral. She, of course, was getting old too, but she didn't care about her own health and well-fare, as much as she did for Jinki's.

Until the end, she stayed by his side, helping him and caring for him, but even with her loyalty and help, Jinki never got out of his horrible state-of-mind. He was forever in a state of denial until the rest of his days.

That was the story of Lee Jinki and his loved ones' lives. May he rest in peace, and be happy again with his beloved princess, Jung Sooyeon in his afterlife.