Stairs

Pinky Swear

You awoke to Su-Yin frantically shaking you. She had a worried expression and looked as if she was on the verge of crying. You looked around you, not quite sure what the problem was, until you felt a stinging pain in your head. You sat up a little too quick, and yelped when it started to hurt even more.

“Su-Yin… what happened?” you asked her in a daze, the pain making it hard to talk.

“I… you… stupid! Stupid [___]! Don’t you remember what happened? You fell from the stairs!” she exclaimed.

You knit your brows together, trying to remember what had transpired the last night. Right, going to the movies after Mi scolded you… truth or dare… and apparently falling from stairs. Well that certainly was a new thing.

“Wait—how did I fall from the stairs…?” you asked her, “I mean that sounds kind of…”

She shook her head. “Oh… Eunhyuk made a mistake… the two of you were having a tickle fight and you just kind of slipped and down the stairs you went,” she said, holding your face in her hands to closer examine if you were truly alright.

Speak of the devil! Eunhyuk and Donghae came running towards you, apparently having patiently waited all night outside your room, as was obvious by their dark circles and red, swollen eyes.

“Oh my gosh, are you really awake? How are you feeling? Oh, this is all my fault…” Eunhyuk said regretfully.

You laughed a little. How stupid all of this truly was. “Yes, I’m fine, I’m fine… Ha, that tickle fight must’ve been so fun I went diving for the stairs.”

Donghae and Eunhyuk both just gave you a weird look, not fully understanding why you were treating it so casually. Su-Yin merely shook her head, already having anticipated you would be like this.

 

---

 

“How’s your head doing?” a voice called when everyone had left the room. You sat up to see Siwon entering your room. He looked concerned. “Oh, you don’t have to get up you know.”

“Ah, hello Siwon. Yes, I’m fine now, or at least, I think so,” you said, comically hitting your head with your fist, “it hurts much less.”

He chuckled. “Well, for someone your… frame, you’re quite the tough cookie, aren’t you?” he joked. “Speaking of cookies, I brought some. Leeteuk made some and gave everyone one. Since most of them left, however, I was tasked with giving them to you.”

You started laughing. “You make it sound like it’s some kind of epic quest. Is it that much of a burden to you?”

He shook his head. “No, no, that’s not it at all! I didn’t mean it like that, really.”

“I was just joking, I know haha,” you said. You motioned him over and he stood next to you, handing you the jar of cookies.

“Hmm, these are really good! My compliments to Leeteuk.”

He smiled at you and went outside of your room.

Meanwhile, you were a bit puzzled. You had expected Siwon to be much more macho, cold, as you had seen him in the music videos. Not that those were necessarily real, but still… this was a nice surprise for once. Ah, you had forgotten all about Mi, when suddenly he walked into your room.