Apology accepted

Pinky Swear

When Mi walked in, your eyes seemed glued in their sockets, unable to look away from him. You swallowed hard. What did he come here for?"

"Ah, listen, [___] ... I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I think I've been rather... frustrated with how life has been lately. I'm getting so stressed out, it's not even funny anymore. But that doesn't justify what I said to you in the slightest -- I'm so sorry and I still would love to have you as my best friend."

You knew his apology was heartfelt and just looked up to him, tears starting to form in your eyes. "Idiot... I never stopped seeing you as my best friend! I was so afraid Mimi... so afraid that you hated me," you told him, although the best friend part wasn't all too honest, as you regarded him as more than that.

He came over and embraced you whilst you simply closed your eyes, hoping that he would never let go.

 

---

 

Later that day, when your head started hurting a lot less, Mi took you outside. You weren't sure where he wanted to go, as he said he simply wanted to walk around for a bit.

"Isn't this nice? I love sceneries as peaceful as this," he mused, having arrived in a lush forest. You nodded at him, although you had to admit it was a much nicer view when he was there besides you. 

Taking in the fresh air, you continued to walk close to him, until something caught your eye. In one of the trees, there were two letters and a little heart carved in. You couldn't help but smile at the sight.

Mi, noticing your smile, came to stand behind you, grabbing the nearest sharp thing he could find. Slowly, he carved something in the wood as well. Engraved in the tree were the words 'Mi + [___] BFF'. He gave you a goofy smile.

"A symbol of our friendship."

"What -- ripping off someone's idea?"

"Nooo, our friendship is eternal like a tree!"

"But trees do die eventually by getting cut down or--"

Mi placed a finger on your lips. "Sssh. Eternal."

You playfully slapped him.

 

[[Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for not updating in forever. Life happened ;; ]]