Lies.

The Hostage.

Jonghyun's heart stood still, his stomach curdling with a thousand different emotions.

"What?"

This had to be a dream. This had to be a dream.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim."

"That can't be right." Jonghyun said, his eyes filling with tears for the second time in his life, glancing at an oblivious Kibum.

"Excuse me?"

"No. Just no. I mean, Kibum has HIV? It doesn't make any sense..just look at him doctor. Do you see what a stunningly beautiful boy he is--"

"Sir, I'm sorry. It's true. There is nothing we can do about it.."

"What do you mean nothing?!" Jonghyun yelled, tears streaming out of his eyes.

"He'll die in a few years."

"Nonsense, utter nonsense." Jonghyun said, shaking now.

"I--"

"Can you leave?!"

"I'm--"

"Leave doctor. Now." Jonghyun said, opening the door for him.

"I'm sorry Mr.Kim.." the doctor repeated, patting the other's shoulder and walking out of the room.

"What did h-he say?" Kibum asked, his eyes squeezed shut.

"Nothing. He j-just said you were a bit ill. Nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing--"

"I get it Jonghyun.." Kibum groaned, placing a hand on his forehead.

"Right. Nothing." Jonghyun repeated, this time to himself. He wiped away his tears and pulled up a chair next to Kibum's bed.

"W-Where are you?" Kibum said, his right hand groping for air. Jonghyun caught it, placing it on his heart.

"Oh." Kibum said, his face relaxing into a soft simle.

"I'll be out soon, right?" Kibum asked, gripping Jonghyun's hand.

"Yes, very soon."


Two days later Kibum was discharged from the hospital.

"He has to take these pills to keep his Immune System under control right now..probably for the rest of his life." the doctor said, handing Jonghyun a bottle.

"Thanks." Jonghyun said, following Kibum out of the door.

"I'm so excited!" Kibum said with a bright glint in his eye.

Jonghyun, however, didn't smile.

They both got into Jonghyun's black van. Kibum's eyes widened as he got into the front seat and he gripped Jonghyun's hand.

"What's wrong?"

"V-Van.." Kibum stuttered, his mouth opened but nothing came out.

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows when he remembered what was troubling the other. He was taken from home in this type of car.

"Sorry, the drive isn't very long. You'll be alright."

"I-I..I know.."

"Shh.." Jonghyun said as he saw tears slip out of the other's eyes. He the radio and started the car.

Kibum shut his eyes, his hands in tight fists.

They drove in silence, Jonghyun avoiding looking at Kibum in any cost, afraid he might burst into tears.

"We're here.." Jonghyun whispered, and got out.

Kibum shakily pulled his door open and followed Jonghyun.

"You ok?" Jonghyun said, still not looking at the other.

Kibum suddenly grabbed onto Jonghyun's arm and the older's heart jumped out of his chest as his eyes widened.

"I'm ok.." Kibum said, but he was obviously not ok. His steps were unbalanced, and he was basically putting all of his weight onto Jonghyun.

Jonghyun closed his eyes and steadied the beating of his heart.

He picked up the other bridal style, still not looking into his eyes.

"T-Thanks."

Jonghyun grunted in response.

"I-Is there anything wrong? You're not looking at me?"

Yes, so much is wrong.

"No, nothing is wrong." Jonghyun said, lying through his teeth and finally met glances with Kibum.

Yup, there were the tears.

"Why are you crying? Jonghuyn, answer me.." Jonghyun just smiled and shook his head.

"Jonghyun..?" 

Jonghyun walked as fast as he could up the stairs into Kibum's room.

"What did the doctor say?" Kibum inquired.

"He said you were fine." Jonghyun said, but the tears told another story.

"Why are you crying?!" Kibum screamed this time as Jonghyun dumped him on the bed.

"I'm sorry.."

"Why?! What the  Jonghyun! Is there something you're hiding from me?!"

"No.." Jonghyun said as he turned around to leave. Kibum grabbed onto his hand.

"Answer me."

"..."

"What happened to me? Is there something wrong? What happened?!" Kibum said, worry filling his eyes.

Jonghyun muttered one last "I'm sorry.." and shook off Kibum's grip.

"Yah! Kim Jonghyun!" Kibum shrieked, this time standing up, off of his bed.

"Don't get up--!" Jonghyun said while catching Kibum in mid-air from falling.

"Then ing tell me what's wrong! Why won't you tell me?! It's not like I'm gonna die or anything!"

Jonghyun didn't utter a word.

"I'm not going to die, am I?" Kibum whispered in shock, tears starting to fall down his face.

"I--"

"Jonghyun tell me I'm not going to die. Please." Kibum pulled the other into a hug, burying his face into the other's neck.

"I can't die yet.." Kibum said in a muffled voice.

Jonghyun's heart clenched up and opened.

"You'll be fine Kibum. Y-You won't die. I was just crying because I was so worried about you. The doctor said you were just a little ill. Thats it."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You're not lying."

Jonghyun bit his lip. "No."

Kibum let go of Jonghyun, wiping dripping tears.

"You scared me for a second there when you didn't respond.." Kibum said, smiling in relief.

I wish I could.


I really at sad chapters, but I promise Jonghyun will get over it soon. I'm sorry it was so short I have no time even in the summer (online courses UGH). Sorrryyy. I dissapointed some people with the last chapter I hope you guys will still read my story D:

In the meantime check out this and this :) Leessang is the best <333

Comments are always appreciated <3