O3

Capturing Our Memories

{chapter three-


"So class, do you know what's happening today?" the homeroom teacher in front asked. 

All of the student sighed. Ah, even the scholar students did not favor this tedious process; applying for university. Where all the four years of projects and essays are finally wrapped into one transcript. 

Tae Yun propped her chin with the palm of her hand and continued to listen to the millionth lecture of the day. She was starting to be sick and tired of this university prep that her homeroom teacher only stresses about. But Tae Yun did think about the courses she will take real hard before the applications are given. There is one particular school she would dream of attending. 

She took a glance at Baekhyun and noticed he was lost. Being a new student on application day is sure a bummer. 

"Mr. President," Miss. Tui said referring to Suho. "Please pass out the forms." Suho being the obedient class president obeyed and picked up the thick stack of papers, distributing them neatly and precisely to the leaders of the rows. The students passed the packets back until the last person in the very back.

Baekhyun stared at the packet, then back at Ms. Tui, worried. 

"Do you're best Mr. Byun, hopefully you thought about before you transferred," she said, then she paid attention to the entire class in general. 

In matter in fact, he did think about it. His mum basically branded it into his brain so he won't forget. Tae Yun had a feeling of what he's going apply for. It was so obvious! With that talent, there is no way for him to not choose a performing arts or a graphic course. In her luck, it was the same university she was applying for.

"Please begin and choose carefully," the homeroom teacher clasped her hands together and walked out of the classroom. 

Tae Yun sighed as she looked at the first page. Her eyebrows furrowed at the complicated question then looked back at the clock. Only five minutes have passed. She slowly turned her head around to take a peek how her new seat mate is doing. At the same time, Baekhyun checked the clock and accidentally caught two light brown orbs looking his way.

Baekhyun looked at her with raised eyebrows, completely startled. Realizing that she's has been caught, Tae Yun's eyes retreated back to her own desk. Baekhyun's raised eyebrows furrowed at her strange actions. He guessed he scared her again. 

Was he a disturbance to her already? 

He tapped on her shoulder lightly causing Tae Yun to jump in her seat. She turned her head slightly. By the corner of her eyes, she sees a fist with the number two pencil loosely in between the the thumb and forefinger. 

"Fighting," he whispered softly. She didn't say anything in response but continued to fill the form with no problem. Not taking anymore peeks after that. 

The corners of Tae Yun's tugged upward. A small smile has appeared.

--- 

"Pencils down," Mrs. Tui walked back into the classroom. All of the student handed their forms to the person in font lifelessly. Who knew after three hours of sitting in a class can the life out of you? For Tae Yun, a much different result. She was a tad annoyed at the fact that Baekhyun's elbow which bruised her arm.

He is left handed.

She is right handed. 

Baekhyun apologetically smiled at her when they accidentally collided. Again and again and again. Tae Yun pressed her lips into a thin straight line and tried to finish. Sadly, that person on her right bumped her once again. He immediately apologized. Tae Yun sighed and suddenly began to miss the days when that was empty. 

The student who was originally suppose to sit next to Tae Yun originally never came. Ever. She was placed to sit alone instead. She did wanted a partner for company but soon enough she began to like the fact that she was alone. It was nice and peaceful. 

Today, not so much. 

The afternoon bell rang. Everyone ran out of the classroom, including Tae Yun who darted out before anyone else. Leaving Baekhyun looking up at the tall giant towering over him. It was Chanyeol, his old childhood best friend. His hands tucked in his pockets cooly,while looking at the classroom door  in a trance. Chanyeol sighed heavily then at the foreigner in front.  

He was looking down at the older guy with a suspious look. Wondering, how come he was looking at him that way.

"Pig Adjusshi? What happened..." His eyes moved up and down at his skinny structure then back up at his face, "...to you?" 

A deep chuckle escape through his lips. "It's puberty you idiot." Chanyeol flicked his hyung's forehand harshly, "your big brain couldn't figure that out?"

Baekhyun's jaw dropped. Damn, how could that squeaky voice go that deep? He rubbed the throbbing area while smiling brightly. Oh how much he missed this retard. "Puberty treated you well then." 

"Puberty didn't do anything for you. You still look 12 years old!" Chanyeol sniggered. Baekhyun grasped his chest, pretending to be hurt. He bit his lip, trying to contain his laughter.

"This 12 year old is still older than you!"

"Whatever kid, I'm relieved that the circle of life is back to normal," he smiled brightly. "You don't know how lonely was! No one wanted to put bugs in Headmaster Fan's office ! Wuses I tell you." Chanyeol snorted. 

It has been 6 years since these two have seen each other. After Baekhyun moved to America with his mother, all connections with his best friend were suddenly cut off. Leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol with their own lives. Later in the years, Chanyeol soon found out about Sun-Gun's blog and came up to date of what's happening in America. 

He did watch a video or two if there's time after basketball practice. 

"I still can't believe you danced behind of that women...in public. You seriously do not have any shame do you?" Chanyeol scratched his head. 

Baekhyun flushed red and shrugged. "Nope, I lost that when you made me wear that tutu?" The giant began to laugh hysterically, remembering so clearly. "Right in front of every girl! Remember your mom's face when she saw you? Priceless!" he slapped his knee, stomping his foot violently. 

Baekhyun covered his friend's big mouth before everyone in the entire school could hear anymore childhood memories.

"She disowned me!" he hissed. 

He bowed at the teachers passing by, giving the boys dissaproving looks. Once the teachers are out of sight, Baekhyun removed his hand. 

"Thanks. You got your germs on me." Chanyeol scrunched his nose. He wiped the back of his hand on Baekhyun's blazer. More like socked him. As a reflect, he jerked back in disgust. 

"Speaking of girls," a sarcastic voice sniggered. "I bet you hooked up with alot of Caucasians chicks right? And you didn't use protection didn't you?" Kyungsoo came up from behind, wearing his used-to-be black appron, looking dashing and innocent as ever. Not. 

Chanyeol too grew curious and slid closer to Baekhyun. "Tell me. Bro to bro talk, we're all friends here. How was the girl departmemt?" 

He shook his head and laughed awkwardly. "The girls there aren't that bad. Some were really nice and some very, very good-looking. But-"

"Oh please Bacon, you're not going to use the 'none of them caught my eye' excuse." Kyungsoo scoffed. 

"I did have a girlfriend...or two. But there wasn't any spark when I was with them. After that I never took interest in anyone," he held his hands in defense. "Plus, I was busy vlogging remember?" 

"Oh dear god," Chanyeol and Kyungsoo whispered sharply, "You're gay then?!?" 

"No! Just because-"

At the same time, Mr. President was passing through and couldn't help himself from hearing the conversation.

"You're g-gay?!?" he dropped his papers in horror. Baekhyun turned to Suho with enlarged eyes, trying his best to explain but couldn't find the words. 

In the background, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol high fived in victory. 

---

Tae Yun's eyebrows pinched together has she dug though her backpack. Tossing everything out, the notebooks, pencils, binders and other stuff she wasnt familiar with. It wasn't her bag. It didn't belong to her but to Byun Baekhyun. She accidentally mistook it as her bag before she left for the primary school. 

She sighed at the fact she has to walk all the way back. All the way back to campus. 

Walking ever so slowly, she scurried her way up the stairs to her homeroom. The weight of the camera strained the back of her neck and she adjusted it slightly. Her ears perked once the cheering from the dance department roared. 

How typical. 

Before reaching up to the top, down the hallway to the left, she caught two the two juniors. The same pair for a few days ago. One was dancing smoothly while the other one was observing closely. Looking if any step was misplaced or off beat. 

The dark haired was busy listening to the music near the dance room. His body was moving to the beat of the music, practically making his own chereo from jusy looking at it. Tae Yun's thoughts from days before came rushing back. She overlooked her thoughts, suddenly amazed at the junior's sharp moves. 

The sudden change in the melody then the two switched positions. The pale junior was just as clean and precise moving his legs along smoothly with the music. Tae Yun's hands quickly thought for themselves and adjusted it to the right to get a better angle. She squinted , not pleased with the image on the screen.

She moved closer and closer, 

Click

Powerful and fierce yet the photo was painting a picture based on their expressions. Cold and empty but passionate when they swayed with the music. 

*They're having a difficult time,* Tae Yun thought.  She stared at the screen then back at the boys who were sweating in gallons. The two still haven't noticed her presence. 

"Excuse me," she whispered softly, "are you part of the dance department?" 

The two juniors stared at her while their chests rose up and down, trying to catch their breath. Simultaneously, they shook their heads. 

"Rejected." the dark haired boy said in a monotone. 

Tae Yun's lips formed an 'o' shape. How come they were rejected? Their dancing was best thing she'd ever seen. Her hands quickly searched the pockets of her blazer. Finding a neatly folded blue piece of paper. Tae Yun handed it to the pale one with a hopeful grin.

"You two will pass, you're dancing is really neat," she complimented. Tae Yun walked away as if nothing happened. 

Sehun and Jongin looked at each other, confused. Then their attention turned to the blue paper. Jongin quickly grabbed it from the younger one and unraveled it. His eyes looking back and forth while reading the fine print. Sehun tried his best to but his hyung kept moving around. 

Jongin finished reading then gave the paper to Sehun. "Want to try out?" 

Sehun leaned against the wall and circled the floor with his foot. "It's worth a try. We don't get kind people helping us everyday." 

---

Baekhyun looked down at the small person. She was holding the an identical bag with her head down. She rested it the bag at the bottom of his leather shoes. It fell, Tae Yun fixed it position. It fell once more before she left. She fixed it again. 

It finally stayed. 

Baekhyun began to laugh at her. She looked up at him with raised eyebrows, why was he laughing? He stopped looked at her for a long period of time. It was his first time seeing his seat mate's face, he didn't expect that though. 

"You're funny Go Tae Yun, that's why I'm laughing," he punched her arm lightly. She looked down at the ground, her eyes moving at every direction.

"Uh? Don't you talk at all?" he questioned. 

*Nope, not at all, Please go away!* Tae Yun thought bitterly. 

"At least tell me that or tell me to go away or something." Baekhyun argued while adjusting on his bag. She held her hand on and looked at him with wide eyes.

*You can read my mind?!* she thought. 

"Yeah...that's right." he said, "You can tell if when someone is talking to you like that." he pointed at her large brown eyes, then started to laugh at them. Tae Yun scoffed, clearly offended. She scrunched her nose and exhaled to relieve her temper from rising. 

"I'm kidding Adjumma," Baekhyun chuckled, he began to look at her camera. "You're a photographer?" he questioned. 

Tae Yun's attention was soon on her vintage camera her mother gave her. She nodded vigorously. Baekhyun guessed that was a yes. He lifted his hand and planted his forefinger on her forehand. Causing her to stop.

"One nod is enough," he suggested. 

Tae Yun blinked. Baekhyun blinked. Realizing what he's doing, he laughed awkwardly and took his finger off of her forehand. Snapping her back to reality.

What just happened? 


[ mochii's corner ] 

 

I should seriously get stoned for not updating after a million years but I saved my for actually doing it! Here's when things start to kick off in this story. The semi-craziness will soon come. Just watch oh dear god just wait for that. 

Thank you for the support!<3 Subscribe, comment and the upvotes! I feel the love you guys. 

Keep it up!