Episode 2

You had me at Hello |The Romantic & idol |

 

While Jae Bum is doing the interview about the mission and his feelings for now, I am standing near the van, drinking water. The PD comes to me and shares the plans for the show.
 
"You are both going to choose Stay, okay?" she raises her eyebrows at the end of the sentence. I nod my head saying "I got it.".
 
"Well, now, you should know about the other idols. Girls first - we have you, we have Jei from Fiesta, Hyejong from AOA and Jinhyun from 4minute." She explains in a weird accent, guessing she is not from Seoul. I nod my head and reply, "Hha, that is strong competition.". She laughs and taps my back, "It is okay, you will be okay. You will definitely find someone." She gives me a reassuring smile 
and I return it immediately.
 
"Now boys - as you see, there is Jae Bum. Then from the same company Jun.K. Hyungsik from ZE:A and and..who I am missing?" She pauses, making a thinking face. Well, she is really thinking.
 
"Ah, yes! MBLAQ's maknae - Mir."
 
"Oh, they are all famous, I know them all." I comment.
 
"Yes, all are well-known. But the writers aren't sure who is going to end up with who yet. We wanted the meetings to be a real surprise and it happened as we wanted but...nothing is decided for the future.
We will see which couple is liked the most."
 
I make a sound of agreement. She continues on talking.
 
"I have this feeling that you and Jae Bum will be a couple a few times. You too look good together. The audience will love you."
 
I let an airy chuckle. "We will see."
 
We hear someone calling us.
 
"Okay, let's go." And with that we walk to the car.
 
 
Now sitting in the car, which is heading  to the airport, I cannot help but think who will I end up with. In the back seat, none of us speak a word. Not me, not Jae Bum, nor the staff. He puts on his earbuds and listens to music, I keep looking out of the window,  but then I turn to look at him.
 
His face is relaxed, you can see that he is totally lost in the music. I keep on looking at him for what I feel like to be hours and then I feel my eyelids close. Relaxing my body, I fall asleep.
 
~~~
 
On the plane, we are sitting together. Again there is this uncomfortable silence. We see the camera is ready to roll, so we start to talk and smile. I know this is supposed to be a show, but I cannot help but feel kind of sad that we do not get along. 
 
Soon the camera is off again. I comment "I think they should have given us more time to get to know each other before doing this missions. I felt very awkward." I feel my heart racing again. We met a few hours ago and yet I feel so comfortable around him, yet we sit in silence.
 
"Right? Noona, I am glad you understand me. Noona is very pretty but we should really get to know each other more." 
 
I giggle, trying to be cute. "You think I am pretty? Hehe, but yes, we need more time."
 
"Who do you think you will end up with?" He asks. Earlier we found out who were the other idols.
 
"I am not sure. I would like to get to know everyone before that. I have heard that Jun.K is famous with the ladies."
 
He laughs. "Yes, he is pretty popular, but he is a good person, a good hyung." I nod in agreement.
 
"And who do you think you will end up with?" I ask, totally curious.
 
"As you said, I would too like to spend more time with everyone. But noona will always have a special place in my heart." He smiles one of those heart melting smiles.
 
"Hehe." I tap his shoulder in a friendly way.
 
"So, Noona, tell me more about yourself. What kind of guys do you like?"
 
"Hm..." I think for a second. "I like cute guys, with charms. Guys who treat me well and love me back." I look him directly in the eyes, seeing him looking back. Interest is written on his face.
"I do not mind if they are younger than me." I add.
 
"Ah, I see. I fit the description perfectly." He jokes with a smirk on his face. 
 
"Hahaha, and what is your ideal type?"
 
"I like cute girls." Well, that was a very specific answer. I guess I can try to be cuter in the future.
 
Suddenly again we are surrounded by silence. We stay like this for a few minutes, feeling like hours have past. He scratches his neck. I my lips, wondering what to say. I open my mouth but he speaks before me. I notice this - there are moments that we have so much to say to each other and we speak so fast and we are so excited, we find out about all the things we have incommon but at the next moment - we are strangers again, awkward silence, thinking of what we should say. This is what just happens again.
 
"What would be the perfect date for you?"
 
Looking at his lips for a second, then I move my eyes to the people around us. "A café or movie. Maybe both."
 
A smile spreads on his face, "We have already been on a date in a  café. I shall take noona to see a movie soon."
 
 
The whole time throught the flight we keep having these moments - talking, silence. We learn a lot about each other. I reassure myself that he is a nice guy, very gentle and sweet for his age. And sometimes, but only sometimes, he makes my heart beat a little bit faster, just a little bit.