Chapter 60

✭Legend || SM's New Girl Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 19th, 2014
Day 232

 

"Over sixteen cars and one tank truck were involved in the massive accident, with four casualties so far, and numerous injured. Among those injured are the SM Entertainment girl group Legend, who just debuted last year. Police suggest that the trucker lost control of his vehicle, however, they are currently investigating-"

"Can someone turn that off?" Yerim mumbled allowed, but she went unheard. The other waiting room occupants eyes were glued to the screen, although it seemed that none of their loved ones were involved, since only the two Legend members were rattled by the report.

It's been over three hours since the girls had been brought to the hospital, hearing nothing about any of their members, not even Rui.

The two were huddled together in a single cushioned chair, hands clasped together. They felt it was this physical closeness that prevented a major breakdown. They tried not to think too much, knowing it just caused even more tears.

"What do we say when their families get here?" Holly wondered, her voice quiet for once.

Yerim blinked, she didn't know. How are you supposed to look a parent in the eye and tell them their child was injured, and even worse, dead? They knew nothing of what was happening with their members, they could have been brought to the morgue by now and they wouldn't have a clue. Or, they could be conscious and looking around a white room, wondering what the hell was going on.

What if they were in a vegetative state?

Or they couldn't walk or dance again?

Or they couldn't sing?

Or they couldn't eat on their own?

Or in a coma?

"We should call the company..."

Neither wanted to.

There was a number that every SMe idol had drilled in their head incase of emergency, it was rarely used, and they had no idea what would be asked once called. They assumed their management would get the idea once they saw their faces plastered all over the news, stating they were in a large car accident, but no representatives have gotten in contact with them.

Holly shrugged, not voicing her opinion.

With a deep breath, Yerim shakily took her cell phone out of her jacket pocket. The screen was severely cracked. When she tapped the touch screen nothing happened, she pressed the power button. Nothing happened.

"My phones dead... what about yours?"

With a tiny amused smirk, Holly took a iPhone half out of her own pocket. "It didn't make it."

Yerim barely held in a laugh, placing her head down, her shoulders bouncing up and down with silent laughter. It was the only funny thing that happened today.

"Maybe we should ask someone, to use their phone?" Holly's dark eyes scanned the waiting room. There were enough people to ask, someone was bound to say yes. These people clearly understood what it was like to have a loved ones life on the line, and would help. Wouldn't they?

"Excuse me?" Holly asked a woman with bleached orange hair sitting two seats from her. "May I use your phone? Ours are dead."

The woman scrunched up her tiny nose in irritation. "No," was all she said, going back to watching the news, eyes back to going lit with curiosity.

"Well that was a bust," she sighed.

"There are still more people," Yerim pointed out, trying to be optimistic that at least this small something would go right.

"Ma'am, may we borrow your phone, please?" she questioned a different woman, this one had long flowy dark brown hair.

The orange haired woman from before scoffed when she heard them ask, but didn't say anything.

"Sorry, I don't let strangers use my phone," she had a uplift in her voice once she said it, as if she thought herself higher than them. The tone irritated both of the members. What the hell did she think she would do with it? Steal it? There was security everywhere, they wouldn't get far.

"The nerve of some people," the orange haired woman scoffed, looking at the brunette.

Yerim effortlessly pushed Holly back in her seat when she began to stand, anger in her eyes. Couldn't people show a little kindness? Especially in a hospital waiting room?

"Especially grungy looking ones like that," the brunette laughed, the first woman joining in.

The two looked down at their appearances, noticing the numerous rips and dirt in their clothes. They didn't even realize how desperately they needed a shower. They were too busy worrying about their members and managers well being, not themselves.

"Excuse me for being in a car accident," Holly growled, eyes flashing.

The two went silent after that.

"Here," an older man slowly stood from the opposite end of the room, holding out his phone to the two girls. "You can use my phone, call your loved ones."

"Thank you very much!" the two girls generously took the phone, thanking the old man.

"SM Entertainment emergency line, who is calling?" it was a woman's voice, and there seemed to be hope in it.

"Um, this is Yerim of Legend... we were in an accident."

There was a heavy sigh of relief on the other end. "Thank god one of you called us. The company has been trying to get in touch with all of you the past few hours, but no one has been answering. Which hospital are you at?"

Yerim gave the woman the name, feeling the tension in her shoulders deflate as the woman explained they would send someone as soon as possible to sit with them and get in contact with the proper families.

It was at the sound of a sharp intake of breath from the orange haired woman the two girls twisted their heads back at the television.

"Damn, I look good," Holly praised herself, the two watching a Legend performance play on the news. Apparently, they finished talking about people no one knew about, and resorted to speaking about the idols involved in the accident for more viewership.

"Why did they pick this performance though? Our outfits are so weird looking," Yerim wrinkled her nose in distaste. In the Cry Cry performance, all the girls wore pure red outfits, all having different cuts. The problem was that all the outfits were rather large looking on the girls, not leaving a very flattering look.

"Maybe so people will talk more," Holly chuckled.

"Have you heard anything?!"

The girls heads whipped up at the familiar voice, visibly hesita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter