Autographs

Imitator

 

When Yuji went outside, he didn’t see Shinpei. But he found him in the nearest alley, where he was kicking trashcans and walls. “Shinpei?”
“What?!”
“No one intends to replace Takeru.”
“It really makes me angry, how the manager was talking!”
“We know, but he intends to keep Takeru. Don’t worry.”
“Why did he ask her to try vocals?!”
“Because she was bragging about her capacity. Now come back with me and we’ll see if she really has all that capacity.” Shinpei seemed more at ease and he came with Yuji.
“We are back.”
“Splendid, now let’s head to my friend.”

They arrived at the friend’s place. “Miroku! I am here with a request, you won’t made it so late in the evening, won’t you?”
“No, I don’t mind, come forth.” They all entered and the manager asked if his friend wanted to teach Akira how to sing. The friend took the girl with him in the studio and taught her the basics. She caught it immediately. They asked her to sing Rockin' Playing Game. She sang and it was beautiful.
“Wonderful!”, the manager exclaimed. Shinpei wasn’t happy at all though. “Thank god, she doesn’t sound like Takeru.”, whispered Yuji to Shinpei. “Very good.”, they heard the teacher say. The teacher began to explain a more advanced lesson, which she also caught immediately. Miroku was delighted. He never had such talent in his studio before. He kept teaching her until he had learned her anything he knew. He clasped his hands and asked if he could take a photo with her. She didn’t refuse. He printed the photo asked her to write her name, address and phone number on it. “I’ll want to take up contact with you after these two weeks. So keep your phone close.” Then he asked if she would give him an autograph. She laughed and gave him one.

After the music studio at Miroku’s place something heavy weighed on Shinpei. He took Akira by the hand and dragged her to Takeru’s room the next morning. “I am sorry to disturb you. But Akira needs to learn your autograph.”
“Akira?”
“The girl, who’ll imitate you for two weeks.”
“Oh, okay. Come here.”, he patted on a side of the bed after making place for her. She sat down. “Will you take some paper and a pen out the nightstand?” She took some paper and gave it to Takeru. Then she found a pen and gave it to him. “Look closely.” He autographed the paper and then passed it to Akira. She signed and it was almost identical. Takeru signed five times again and after this Akira could perfectly imitate the autograph. Shinpei grabbed Akira’s hand to get her out of the room, but she pulled back. “I want to get to know Takeru better. So my task will be perfect.”
“He needs rest!”
“I know, but still…”
“It’s not a problem, Shinpei. Let her stay for a while. I’ll tell her everything she wants to know.”

Shinpei was mad. “What’s wrong?”, asked Masato.
“Takeru had let the girl stay with him in his room!”
“Hopefully he isn’t planning anything.”, winked Chiyu.
“He’s sick!”
“We know.”, said Yuji.