Expectations

Imitator

 

Shinpei really pushed her to the edge. After shower she already had to study the songs. They also taught her to imitate Takeru’s voice so she could say things like: “Now everyone! I can’t hear you! Come on!” and other stuff. This wasn’t so hard for her. It was easy for her to imitate Takeru’s voice. “And you are surprised that people see you as Takeru?”, said Shinpei.
“I actually am. I never intended to look like Takeru anyway.”
Shinpei pushed her to learn at least five songs by tomorrow. She may choose which ones, so she took the ones on which she had danced today. While she was singing the songs in her head and moving her lips, she danced when she needed. She had put these songs on an iPod and put a headphone on. And she began to move her lips again and danced. She closed her eyes while doing so. Shinpei came in her room from time to time, to check on her. He was satisfied when he saw that she was keeping up the good work, and then he left to prepare dinner for everyone.

“What is she doing?”, asked Masato.
“What she ought to do.”
“Don’t you think we’re asking too much of her?”
“I only heard her complain in the beginning. Now she isn’t whining anymore, is she?”
“No, but can’t that be because she’s still in shock?”, asked Yuji.
“I don’t think so.”
“She wouldn’t want to leave anymore after a few days. I dare to bet on that.”, said Chiyu while stealing a carrot from Shinpei.

“Chiyu, set the table.”
“Yeah, yeah.”
“Now!”
“Yes, sir!” Chiyu got slowly out of the couch and began to set the table. Shinpei shook his head. He went to Akira’s room and knocked, but she didn’t reply. He opened the door, went inside and pulled of her headphone. “Hey, what the…!”
“Come to the dinner table, will you.”
“Yeah sure.” She stopped the music and went inside with the iPod in her pockets and the headphone around her neck.
“You’ve been busy.”, said Yuji
“Indeed, I have. Come to think of it you all never properly introduced yourselves. But let me see if I know what your names are. You must be Yuji.”
“Yes I am.”
“And me! Who am I?”
“You’re Masato. The guy with the headphones is Shinpei. And the carefree and lazy person is Chiyu.”
“Who do you call lazy?!”
“Well, you are a lazy bum.” Chiyu pulled an angry face, but no one really cared for it was the truth. They asked Akira a lot of questions and she answered them all. But she asked also questions. Masato and Yuji were eager to reply, Chiyu wasn’t at all, but Shinpei couldn’t care less. He still had to think about the sick Takeru, who would miss a lot of fun. Akira got along fast with Yuji and Masato. She could boss Chiyu around as the best. Everyone would turn to her when they would have problems with Chiyu. Shinpei interrupted the buddy-buddy talk for some serious business. He began to lay out the plan for the next day. They would rehearse and Akira must have studied every song and every dance by the third day. Because the third day, they’ll do the final rehearsal. “You need to be prepared for it.”
“I’ll be. Don’t worry.”
“Good. We are counting on you.”