A Beautiful Morning

A Beautiful Morning

 

A Beautiful Morning 
 
The rays of sunlight shone through the binds and left rows of gold on the king-sized bed in the room. Another day had dawned. Jessica opened her eyes and stretched her lithe body, a hint of smile on her face. It was the beginning of a brand new phase in life, and she was more than ready to embrace it with open arms. 
 
Turning around, she came face to face with an angelic sleeping face. Donghae lay sprawled on the bed, snoring lightly. Jessica chuckled. The resemblance between him and a big baby was too much for her to handle. 
 
Gently his light brown hair and admiring his delicate features, a little smile crept up Jessica's face as she thought of Donghae's new identity. True, he was still the same old dorky guy as before, but now, he was hers. All hers to keep, and then as she thought of it, it seemed so surreal. He was her Donghae, and she was his Mrs Lee. 
 
"Mrs Lee..." Jessica mumbled and blushed. Aw man, she had to get used to people addressing her by that soon. Carefully getting out of bed to prevent her big baby from getting disturbed, Jessica put on her cotton slippers and went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. 
 
Soon enough, hot coffee was boiling merrily in the kettle, toasts were jumping out of the toaster, and scrambled eggs were sizzling in the pan. Jessica inhaled deeply, enjoying as the aroma of the food filled her nostrils. 
 
"So now it's my daily routine..." She mumbled to herself while flipping an egg over. 
 
"Why yes, my princess, it's certainly your job now. Haha~ Don't ever think of escaping this," a husky voice replied from behind her back. Jessica spun around to see a sleepy Donghae walking into the kitchen rubbing his eyes, his hair tousled. 
 
"I believe you woke up to the smell of food, right Mr Glutton?" Jessica teased playfully as she scooped the eggs onto 2 plates with nicely arranged toasts. 2 steaming cups of coffee stood by the side and Donghae's eyes widened at the appetising breakfast in front of his eyes.
 
"Hmmm, I like it. Everything comes in pairs," he commented as he dragged out a chair to sit down and enjoy the meal. Jessica smiled dug in, too. 
 
The duo ate their breakfast in silence. Not that they had nothing to talk about, but simply because they enjoyed the silent accompaniment of each other. It was the chemistry between them which nobody understood. Well, not that they cared anyway. 
 
"I love you, Jessica," Donghae whispered as he burned his auburn eyes into Jessica's milky brown ones. She nodded, a hint of crimson appearing on her cheeks. They felt their hearts bursting with happiness as both of them leaned in for a sweet morning kiss. 
 
Finally, they were together. Forever and always. In this beautiful morning, they embraced their love for each other and the new life that they were going to lead for the rest of their lives, as Mr and Mrs Lee.