Never Close Our Eyes

Happy Anniversary

Carrying a lone daisy on her left hand and a gift in the other, she made her way towards Seunghyun. Wearing his favourite blue dress just like she did every year and the perfume he gave her on their fifth anniversary. It was now their seventh.

How the years passed quickly.

She could still remember the first time they met.  How much effort it took for him to finally muster up the courage and open up to her. They relied on each other. Two shy individuals sharing their problems, happiness and life. How their two years of calm friendship eventually blossomed into love.

That would mean that she had known Seunghyun for at least nine years. Yet, he was as handsome as ever. As though the aging process had no effect on him whatsoever. Nothing could affect him now.

 

~~~~

 

It was only her lunch break and she already felt so tired.

The fact that she hadn't made any friends yet made it even worse. She was late to nearly every class since she was new to the school and there was nobody there that helped here. Nobody talked to her and she wondered how the rest of her school years would be like.

She decided to find where her next classroom was so she wouldn't be late again.

Music.

The reason why she got into this school in the first place. As she was walking along the corridors, her sensitive ears picked up the sound of someone's voice.

Someone... rapping.

That person wasn't bad. Heck, he was really good at it!

She followed the sound and realised that nobody really entered the art building as most of them, being in a mathematics and science school, didn't take this course. Her talent for music could have gone far but the schools were too far for her. She didn't have that much money to travel everyday.

Her feet and ears led her towards the music room. She peered in to see a young man rapping the same lines over and over again. Frustrated with himself, he kept rewriting them. Changing the tune abit or adding more words.

"So, he writes huh? That's so awesome!" she thought as she spied on him till the first bell rang. Signaling that her class was starting soon.

Obviously, she took the seat next to him. Marking the beggining of their companionship.

 

~~~~

 

She chuckled to herself as she remembered how shy he had been.

" What are you laughing about? " she could hear him ask her.

She just turned to look at him.

Remembering how his sharp gaze looked like and his perfect jawline.

She wanted to trace every contour of his body and imprint it into her mind so as to never forget it. She knew that the memories were quickly fading. Instead, all she could do was to gently bend down and feel the smooth curve of the stone infront of her for she forgot how it felt like to touch him.

She just couldn't anymore. She couldn't feel him.

She gently stood up and wiped the invisible dust on her dress and wiped the lonely tear on her right cheek.

She replaced her tight lips with a smile. A smile always made her happy.

The wind softly caressed her cheek. That touch. As soft as a feather. So similar to how Seunghyun would caress her face.

Oh how she missed that feeling.

She could feel their relationship becoming lose as they grew apart. Though, she was sure their feelings remained the same.

Maybe it was the lack of interaction. Well she couldn't change that could she?

She never can.

 

She sat next to him. Her chin rested gently on her legs wrapped by her slender arms.

" It's been awhile hasn't it? I really miss you."

Nothing but silence.

" Remember when I agreed to be your girlfriend? We were the happiest people in the world at that time weren't we? I still remember the last words you said that night."

 

I wish that this night will never be over.

There's plenty of time to sleep when we die.

So let's just stay awake until we grow older.

If I had my way we'd never close our eyes.

Our eyes.

Never.

 

She sang to him in her soothing voice. She knew that it had been awhile since he heard her sing. She hadn't heard him rap in a long time as well.

Still, there was no response. Bom wasn't surprised anyway.

He was always the quiet and sentimental type.

 

" Seunghyun... "

 

 

 

" Do you still love me? "

 

~~~~

 

[A/N:] Hey there! Sorry for the long wait T^T

I had school and... yeah. Not enough time to update. Since it's already Thursday,  i'll have the second chapter up in afew days. Hope you liked it so far. Thanks for subscribing! I'll try to respond to you guys but my time on the computer is up. So next time it is then.

 

Mianhae!~ <3