Chapter 3

Back to Young Love

 

Sanghee followed Rome to the detention room where the PE teacher was waiting. Sanghee took a seat in the center of the room and Rome followed her. 

He let out a sigh. "Young couples these days. Always sticking together." Sanghee blushed when she and Rome were called a couple. "Sit and stay put for an hour. Don't leave until I tell you to and I don't want to hear your voices." He opened the door to leave, but stopped himself. "Sit on the opposite ends of the room."

Sanghee left Rome's side and grabbed a chair. She brought it to the corner of the room near the window. "Is this okay?" She asked her teacher. 

"Yes. No funny business now." 

Sanghee didn't understand what the teacher meant. *Funny business? A clown show or something?* She was genuinely confused. 

He pointed at Rome. "No. Funny. Business."

"What?" Rome held up his hands defensively, "I--" He was cut off by the annoyed teacher. 

"Go over there and be quiet." He left and closed the door behind him. 

Rome counted to ten in his head. Two flowers for Sanghee. 
Four flowers for Sanghee. 
Six flowers for Sanghee. 
Eight flowers for Sanghee. 
Ten beautiful flowers for my beautiful Sanghee and many more. 

He loved his way of counting. And he has many more versions for luck. 

Rome listened for anybody outside. Hearing nothing, he went over to sit next to Sanghee. "So how does it feel to get detention?" He asked. 

"Mmm. That's not important now. We're in detention now and I need an explanation. Why are we in highschool again?" 

"I don't know." Rome replied, uninterested. He rested his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes. 

Sanghee's jaw dropped. She can't stay here! Does time stop when they leave? Or does it continue on and she becomes missing? She has things to do in the present, or future, or whatever the time is where she came from. She can't relive her whole life, what if she accidentally changes the future?

"You see, Jay Park says that I'm too distracted during his lessons these days. Like I was missing something; I needed to accomplish something," he wrapped his arms around Sanghee, "so he said that he'll help me. I'm not sure how things work though."

"But what does this have to do with me?" 

Rome straightened up. She still doesn't know? He looked deep into her innocent eyes, searching for any clue. 

Sanghee got lost in his dark brown orbs. She was frozen still, dazed. 

Rome shifted his gaze to Sanghee's lips. It needed company. It needed someone to be there even if her eyes had no clue, contact with her lips could give her a hint. 

Somehow, Rome found himself leaning in towards Sanghee. A little bit more and it'll be a kiss. Almost there Rome, then you'll finally--

"What are you doing Rome?" the stern voice of the PE teacher asked. Rome must've moved over to where Sanghee was. "Rome, It looks to me that you were the one that has gotten your girlfriend in trouble. Do you want her to get in more trouble because of you?" He kept on chewing Rome out while the boy was standing there without movement. He stared holes into the ground.  

Sanghee closed her eyes tightly. She felt sorry that Rome got into trouble because of her. Sanghee felt that all of this was her fault and that she should defend Rome "But Sir, Rome didn't--"

"She's not my girlfriend."

===== 

Short chapter. Comment, subscibe. Feedback! I like feedback.