Chapter 2

Back to Young Love

 

Rome had told Sanghee to not think too much about the going back in time and to just focus on what's happening in class. 

Because Sanghee already learned the material and didn't need to focus in class, she noticed a lot of details in the people around her that she never noticed. 

The smartest guy always twirled his pencil on his fingers every few minutes. Then he drops it, picks it up, and twirls it until it drops again. A girl eats some crackers when ever the class turns the page. The tree outside the window is actually very tall and has a bird nest. 

Sanghee caught Rome peeking in the door, trying to get her attention. Rome motioned for Sanghee to come.  

"Mrs. Lee! I need to use the restroom!"

----

"Ditching class now, are we?" Rome teased once they both went to the rooftop. 

"I guess... But I don't know about this. It's the first time I've ever skipped class." Sanghee confessed. She had always been a good student to make her parents feel proud and doing this made her feel uneasy. "What about you? Do you often do this?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, I've already learned the material many times before..." Rome dusted a spot on the ground for Sanghee to sit. 

They sat next to each other and stared at the sky. "Hey, so what's going on?" Sanghee asked.

"I'll tell you when we serve detention after school." Rome placed his head on Sanghee's shoulder. 

Sanghee stood up, "Then I'm leaving. What if I get in trouble?" She turned to leave. 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait," Rome called, "I have snacks!"

Sanghee stopped and watched him pull out a plastic grocery bag from his backpack. 

She eyed the bag, then Rome and back at the bag again. "Fine, but you have to tell me something about this rewind in time."Sanghee said with crossed arms. 

"Come here," Rome patted to Sanghee's spot beside him, "and drink this!" Rome pulled out Sanghee's favorite drink, strawberry soy milk, like he was pulling a rabbit out of a hat. He could see that Sanghee was starting to get hesitant about leaving. 

Rome was taking the straw out of the plastic wrapper and stuck it in the rectangular carton and held it out. Pouting, Sanghee went to sit next to him and took the milk. While she drank it, a satisfied smile appeared on her lips as she stared at the ground. 

Rome chuckled at her cute appearance. "Wow, this drink really works like magic," he said jokingly, "do you love that more than me?"

Sanghee just smiled widely at the boy. Her eyes became almost nonexistent crescents. Sanghee hugged Rome's arm. The fact that she actually hugged Rome's arm and rested her head on it, that she herself is initiating the skin ship was just as rare as Rome doing homework, flying sheep, and solar eclipses combined. 

"What else do you have?" Sanghee asked. 

Rome took out two cream filled bread. He unwrapped one and handed it to Sanghee who was excitedly clapping like a young child.

Starting to get jealous of the food, Rome got a sticker on the wrapping of the bread and a pen. He crossed out "Korea" and wrote "Australia". 

"Hey baby." 

Sanghee left her daze and the second Sanghee looked at Rome's face, she burst out in uncontrollable laughter. There was a sticker on his forehead that read, "Made in Korea Australia"

Her laughter soon came down to little giggles. "Yu Barom, you are just so brilliant!"

Pleased with her reaction, he took it and stuck it on her arm.

"Rome, I may be able to speak English fluently, but I wasn't born in Australia. I was born in America." Sanghee said while peeling the sticker off her skin and sticking it back on the other. 

Rome threw his arms around her and squeezed tightly, causing her to partially squeal and laugh. "Then I will have to bring this beautiful to my beautiful birthplace of Sydney one day!" he shouted. 

The rooftop was filled with gleeful laughter. They heard the door click open and their PE teacher came. 

He pointed his pen at them. "You love birds, again! Get back to your class! Another day of detention!"
Then the teacher wrote their names down. 

Sanghee's mouth dropped open at her second detention. But Rome just s his arm around her waist and said, "As long as I get to be with her, anything is fine!" 

"But I'm not fine!" Sanghee whined. 

The teacher rolled his eyes and escorted the two of them to their classes. 

----

"Hey Sanghee!" Yanna called. 

Sanghee found her best friend at a nearby table in the cafe and made her way over. 

"Ooh! Potato salad! Are you going to eat that?" Sanghee asked her friend, already knowing the answer. 

"Yeah. I don't even like potatoes. I don't even know why my mom bothers giving me any. Here." Yanna gave Sanghee a fork.  

"We all know that, obviously its for me~" Sanghee joked, enjoying the food. 

"The only potato you would eat is when it's in French fry form. And even that you're picky with." They both laughed and talked about potatoes for the nth time. 

A short while into their snack, a pair of arms wrapped around Sanghee's shoulders.  

"Get off, Rome," Sanghee said without even bothering to look, "what are you doing here anyways? Aren't you going to play basketball?"

"Aww, don't tell me you forgot about our little date~" Rome made a fist near his heart and feigned death, "I'm heart broken!" 

"You have a date with Rome? And you forgot?" Yanna asked, quite shocked. 

Rome pouted with undeniably cute puppy eyes. 

"Oh yeah! We have detention!" Sanghee clapped her hands together. 

"You have what?!" Yanna exclaimed as if the world has turned upside down. Sanghee got detention?! How in the world did that happen?