Interrogation

Choi Minho and I are going to be....Stepsiblings??
Please log in to read the full chapter

As we stood there pointing at each other, shock radiated through our bodies, both of us struck numb from it. We snapped out of our daze when mom broke the awkward silence. "You know each other that well?" I gave Minho a pleading look that I prayed told him not to tell her about our relationship. Minho gave me an annihilating glance and replied as polite as I've ever seen him be, "Yes, you could put it that way." My Mother nodded and introduced Minho's father as Choi Yun Gyeom, the man smiled at me with his friendly dark brown eyes and bowed deeply. Minho rolled his eyes until YunGyeom told him to do the same. Choi Yun Gyeom seemed so nice that I wondered why Minho lacked the same manners. The thought of Minho being my stepbrother made me feel sick to my stomach.  I cringed inwardly at the fact that I would soon call him family. There was no way that I would ever publically call him my brother; I would rather die than admit it in front of my peers. We've spent so many years insulting each other, we were perfectly happy with this arrangement. Why couldn't it just continue this way? Why couldn't we just live separate lives, only seeing each during YG functions or on the occasional hallway meeting in front of the practice rooms? What did I do to my mother to make her punish me in this cruel way?

I sighed because I knew that those thoughts weren't fair to my mother. She deserved to be happy after the long divorce and other suffering that my father had put her through. However, I was still torn between supporting my mother's happiness and wanting to run away as fast as possible. I decided to choose the latter and invited father and son inside. As we gathered around the small dining table, I was surprised how at ease my mother was as she went to get tea. Once she left, I decided to take this opportunity to question the man that would soon be my stepfather. "So Mr. Choi, what is it exactly that you do?"

Yun Gyeom smiled at my curiosity. "I'm a high school soccer coach." I nodded my head and looked over at Minho who sat looking around with a bored expression. His eyes slowly shifted towards mine and I quickly looked away so as not to be caught staring. "So how long have you and my mother been seeing each other?" YunGyeom lifted his finger and tapped his chin lost in thought. "Officially, I'd say about eight months, we've known each other for a few years now ever since my divorce with my fi

Please log in to read the full chapter