The Forbidden

SHINee and You

 

I don't own the picture , credit to the owner.


It's been awhile that you've not seen him , he was quite busy with his schedule 
 you 's POV
Football  , basketball matches , ISAC and the list goes on. Well he was not called the Athletic-dol for nothing. You Knew that you're Best friend was keen of sport when he was not busy preparing from a comeback , it relieved his stress.However , you start feeling that gap , that emptiness .Minho was your shelter when you had your breakdown after the breakup , he was with you until, you completely moved on which somehow made some forbidden emotion rise from the deepest place in your heart.


Forbidden ? Yes.Choi Minho was , is , will always be your best friend . It was a fact.


Nothing more , nothing less.You brushed these feeling telling yourself that it was just the aftermath of all you've been through..
A best friend , should stay like that ? It was his title ? His official title ...
You always seen these things happen in movies and reality "falling for your bestie because she or he always has been there , because he was the one who understood you the most , the one with whom you could talk about anything and everything , the one..

 

Wait , Stop .
What were you doing ?This wasn't right .
You face palm , how could this happen ?

                                                           It’s a mysterious, no, it’s a strange thing, it might be a sickness  
                                                                                        I have no strength in my body, I can’t control it
                                                                                         These bad symptoms appeared after I met you
                      I’m left alone on this black night (in my room that’s filled with thoughts of you)

You scrolled down  your dash full of Minho's news , Beautiful day was doing a good job . 
Always being updated by the latest news , Flames weren't that many  , Nevertheless it didn't stop them from marking their territory.


Minho.. Choi Minho everywhere.How many days have passed since you last talked ? Not even days , it's been a month. Not because he was busy , no, not that but you started avoiding  him the day you felt 'The forbidden' take over you. Which made you realize a lot of things , how he always gave you but never asked for anything in return , those little things he did but were full of meaning , like a brother would do.


or a boyfriend.


"No.This is wrong."

What is so wrong in having feel..

 

"Not that word.
Please ?"


Feelings for him ?


"Good lord."


I see no wrong in that.


"Stupid , Inner voice."


Just think about it.

You clicked the exit button , this was not going anywhere . After what happened two months ago , You guys start hanging a bit more than you usually do , yes , you were inseparable but after that incident you were glued to each other. Going to the movies , hanging out with your mutual friends , texting  keeping you up to the close hours of the morning on the weekends or even eager to talk to him more although the week nights called for some sleep due to school the next day. Giving each other space when needed & so on.
 

But when did it went the other way ?
 

You came back to reality when you heard the phone ringing , answering without checking the ID still lost in your thought...
-"Yes ? Who is this ?"
You heard a sigh on the other side which once again made you wake up , checking the ID this time .. "Prince Frog~" Debating if you've should hang up immediately or just talk like nothing was up , you decided for the latter.
-Oh , Minho it's you.. It's been awhile man , What's up ?


A long silence followed,not a single word was said.
 

-Hello ? Minho ? are you still there ?
-Yeah , yeah I'm still here.  you ,We need to talk , do you've time right now ?

I can’t do anything and I draw you out as I am in pain all day.


-Actually , I'm not , I'm with my friends right now and..
-I can see your apartment light on  you ..

 

Idiot.Just let him in.You screwed up already.


Bitting your lips & mentally hitting yourself for lying. You nodded forgetting that Minho couldn't actually see you.
-   you  ? 
-Oh , yes sure , c'mon up ..
With that said , you hurried to fix the living mess that you were and cleaning the apartment in the way . 

 

_______________________

The apartment looked like a war field , don't ask why . This girl was a hot mess when her feelings were all over the place & as you can imagine ,it's not only her feels that were all over it.
__________________________


The bell rang , and You ran to it with butterflies , then stopped . You tried to calm yourself.The man behind this door was the same best friend who you ignored , who you lied to five minute ago , who must really be pissed off & who must have a lot of questions to ask. You took a deep breath and opened the door with a smile ready to welcome him like nothing was up.

But..

Minho's POV
Thousand of questions were running in Minho's mind , which he planned to hear its answers the moment he steps inside the apartment. He was already confused about why  you ignored him for a whole month but now , more confused about her ,lying to him.What did he do ? Did he upset her at any moment or was being over protective again ? was his feeling for her that obvious and ended up bothering her ? He made sure to make it unnoticeable ..

Was it not ?


However the moment  you  opened the door all these thought went flying from the window.
Now ,seeing her affront of him in one piece, a messy one but she still looked  beautiful as ever. God , he missed her , he missed her sight so much , that hair , those eyes , that cute pajamas , he bought it for her in her anniversary , "she is wearing it " Minho smiled to himself & Without an other thought he crushed her into a bear hug not letting her speak , he just hugged her on the spot , inhaling her scent , absorbing her warmth ..


-Minho...


Her voice was full of sweet sorrow , Minho could tell , this was the same tone she used when he came to see her after her breakup ..


Then something clicked .


 you 's POV

You were quite choked about Minho's behavior , you were sure he would throw a thunderous ,followed with million questions at the second but he did not ? Why ? Did you look pathetic ? Did he hear something ? You just couldn't figure it out , Your mind was screaming his name which eventually came out as a whisper from your lips..  Mind over body , Body over Mind .
 

What an Irony.


My deeply pierced heart, my pierced heart, my bruised heart
(Hold out your hand and embrace it)

The moment you pronounced his name , his warmth disappeared , letting your body shiver from the coldness that it left.
Minho made his way to the living room and sat , waiting for you to follow him , what you did with heavy steps , knowing that what you feared the most was about to happen..


Your indifferent face that I can’t figure out makes my breath stop


-So , Minho what brings you here ? You just Wished for the ground to open and swallow you.


You Knew exactly why he was here .You Knew exactly what he was waiting for you to do but the stubbornness has to take over.
 

Idiot.


Thank you.

Your cold eyes digs into my heart, cutting deeply through the center.

Minho's attitude changed drastically , he was just a loving Choi two minutes ago.
-Talk to me .
-Talk to you about what ? You're the one that came to my AP
-you .
-Minho.
-Are we really going to do this ? 
-Do what ? 


Hold on, I'll gladly punch you .


I know..

An other sigh , that sigh said more than enough for you , you knew that you messed up and badly this time . He didn't deserve this . No one does .


-I'm sorry Minho. You muttered in a soft word not looking up nor moving near him.
You just wished he would say a word  & not keep up with the silence which was hard to bear.

 

Minho's POV

Minho glanced at you to keep going he wasn't planning to draw you a whole picture in detail and make it easy ,  he was being a jerk but this was the only way , he figured to make you talk.
He was mad at himself for missing you , he was mad at you for ignoring him.Yes , his mind went blank for a minute but suddenly everything hit him hard as if he just collided with something.
Again , he knew that there was nothing between you and you should give each other your respective space.You were like siblings yet even siblings could get sick of each other sometimes Despite knowing it , he couldn't careless.


you  POV's
The Silence was suffocating . Minho was mad , you could tell from his gaze , it was not the only thing that filled his eyes , it was painted with sadness as well , noticing it made your heart ache.


For god sake , just tell him!
He deserve to know, he won't judge you
Go ahead, trust me.


You took a big breath .
Inhale 
Exhale


-I'm sure you must be wondering , why I was ignoring you for the past month A nervous laugh escaped If not why would you be doing here at 12 AM , right ? It's not like your bothering me You hurried to finish , I'm just saying you know..
 

The hell are you doing for God's sake ?


I don't know.

-You know , it's not that I started disliking your company & what not , it's even the opposite.

-Then Why ? Why are you doing this ?


You looked at his eyes , trying to reach  his soul , trying to find a way to make him understand  .


When I hear your voice, it feels like there are thorns on it


My heart feels electrified and numb as if I swallowed rose thorns


-Why were you Ignoring me then ? It was eating me inside; the thought of me hurting you..
-That's the problem .. Don't you understand Minho ? it always have been you . You who gave me a lot  , you who cared for me , you who noticed the little things , it always have been you! What have I given you ? Nothing. Not a single thing ! 
-But this is not a damn reason ! for god sake you  ! & it's not even true !
-It's true Minho , it is & I needed space to get my thought together.Don't you understand ? I like you , not just as best friend nor a brother as a man for god sake ! & I'm so affraid that those feelings are just because you were nice to me and took care of me when I was a mess .This is wrong ! what I'm feeling is wrong Choi Minho !

Minho smirked , lifting his hands and letting them fall again , it was unbelievable . He had mixed emotions , he was happy that you liked him back, but angry that you took him for granted & did not bother thinking of his feelings in all this . 

Madness took over the boy , His anger being stronger . Feeling wronged , feeling betrayed . Was he the only one thinking about the other part in this story ? You were being selfish .


-What about me in all this ? You didn't stop for a second a asked yourself , what could Minho feel ? Wasn't he hurt by my action ? Don't you trust or think of me you  ? 
You were taken back by his words . You knew deep inside of you that he was right . You were so scared to lose him because you couldn't control your stupid self & emotions , the thought of it horrified you , which made your offensive mode go ON . 
- I was just ...

 

Your mind went blank not a word  coming from your mouth , you had so much to say but couldn't find the right words because every word wasn't strong enough to make him realize how much he meant to you , it did not make sense , really it did not. 
 

Humans could be so complicated sometimes .Making their own life harder than it is.

You saw Minho get up , taking his jacket , giving you a disappointed look before making his way to the door.
It was your turn to make him stay & not let him walk away , Roles have changed , it wasn't you who were disappointed this time ,not you who was the victim, you never were thinking of it, it's just that Minho spoilt you more than he should in order to make you happy , even when you screwed up good time  & at times you would self palm yourself for being an idiot even when he was dead mad at you , he'll brush it off . You remembered once , just once when He was upset , he didn't brush it off that time , he was so upset that you could see his temples showing & his cheeks turning to a light shade of red. You couldn't remember what made him this mad but it was because of you and you tried for a whole week to make it up for him, bribing him with football tickets and cooking his favorite dishes ,after making up with him , you promised yourself to never make him angry , confronting the wrath of the Choi wasn't something nice to get across.
You snapped back to the reality , after hearing the door's slam , letting a single tear escape 
.

What  were you suppose to do now ?

 

Minho's POV

Why couldn't she answer ? Why ? Just Why ? Was it that hard for her ? It hurts him to no end. He was ready to let it go again , if she just explained to him not showed him instead , he was sick of the explanation , he treated her like a princess , he knew he does . Minho heard Onew say that When you do something you shouldn't wait for anything in return . and He gladly did, he made sure to take care of you  being by her side , she did too. She was here every single time he needed someone to talk too , when he felt that he wasn't good enough for SHINee , when he was hurt by the hate comments asking him to leave the group . He hated to read those . He Knew he wasn't the best rapper out there but he was trying his best . you  always told him to believe in himself and SHINee is not SHINee without him or if any remember is missing , that if he didn't have the talent he wouldn't have made it this far , she just knew how to get to him , she did much for him , it wasn't a give and take friendship it just happened that they were both , soul mates and They never felt like they were a bother or that the other part did not deserve the others friendship .

He felt for her the moment he saw her that afternoon 2 years ago when they met at Hanriver , she was wearing a oversized red sweat shirt panting tired of all the running they did , trying to not get caught by some seasang . He didn't how or when , his heart just started bounding when she hold his hand trying to get him to sit next to her. A smiled formed on Minho's face but quickly changed to a frown when he remembered the situation they were in 10 minutes ago. Minho was now in the street walking with an empty gaze . until he felt his hand being caught , he turned around ready to yell at the person disturbing him but he couldn't do that , when he saw you  .

She was wearing that exact same shirt , her breath was fast and he could see some sweat on her forehead , she must have ran in order to catch him , he then stared at the ground noticing her feet , she was wearing sneakers which weren't from the same brands he noticed also that they were not worn in the right foot he noted , he then processed to look at her , piercing  into her soul.


- Wait , Minho . I can answer you , just listen to me , please ? 
Minho nodded for the sake of the remaining hope he had and wishing for her to not blow it up .

 

you 's POV

Don't Blow up.


Trust me.


You made your way to nearest bench, it was already 1 am and the cold air was making it presence known , You started regretting wearing just a sweater over your thin pajamas..


-Minho , you said that I did not stop a second and thought of you . Yes , I was selfish.. a lot. I was so scared and don't give me that look , I'm not trying to give you the lose you card . Even thought it is . I couldn't trust myself , I didn't want to do something that will make our whole relation disappear . I don't know how people can keep their like or love for someone silent for many years but I just freaked out  . Minho just listen to me.


Minho was about to cut her speech to make his opinion clear but he had no choice that to shut up.


-It may sound as an excuse but when you walked out that door it hit me , You remember that time when you were so mad at me and I spent the whole week trying to make it up to you ? Minho nodded . Believe it or not Choi , from that time I knew that I felt something for you , I freaked out thinking it was an unrequited , just from one side , which I guess it still is but at that time , I did what every girl would or dumb one would . I was too scared to tell you , I did actually but you thought I meant it like a friend , I  guess ?  You patted my head saying you liked me too . I decided to keep quiet from that moment and try to get over you by...
-Going out with that Jerk of your ex He finished.
-Indeed You replied looking down at your feet , finally noticing your sneakers , you thought that something was weird while walking but you were too focused on reaching Minho that you let it off. You laughed at yourself , remembering how you made fun of these girls or boys on dramas when they went running in the rain or with bare feet to try to stop their other half from leaving , now ironically you were on of them.
-But with time , After I started going out with him , I somehow made myself believe that my feelings for you were just fake and it was a temporary crush , but when I broke up with him two month ago and seeing you by my side like this, these bottled up emotions exploded , re-surfaced being stronger . I understand if you never want to talk to me or see me again , I was selfish and didn't think of how you might feel due to my actions . I just thought that maybe if I ignored you for some time you'll end up giving up on me and moving on with your life but you didn't.

Thankfully.


- you ...
 

Minho's POV

All this time , Minho listened to you  speaking , he got mad , sad and confused , which he felt rather frequently lately. These 3 emotions took over his self and not knowing how to react or answer . 


Approval over understanding.


Yes , He was still mad at you .
Nevertheless , it lessen after hearing her explanation , everything was clear now. 
He did say that he was sick of listening to explanation and excuses and wanted for once some deed to see but it's like he was waiting for her to throw herself at him and  kiss him , just seeing how she tried to get to him when it was 1 am in this cold wearing thin clothes made his heart warm up a bit , how nervous , afraid yet sincere she was , while talking made him absorbed each word . Not to lie he was ready to tell her off if she started muttering or saying nonsense.He was not in the state to listen to bull but her sincerity reached him , he still couldn't understand every thing you did or said but he approved . 


Even though , his eyes screamed betrayal , how could she think she couldn't tell him about her feeling ?  When she told him that day she liked him , HE was the one who thought she said it in a friendly manner yet he answered with all the love that he had for her saying he liked her too patting her head as sign of affection to comfort himself more than it was for her, but Karma was bad girl . No one knew what the other really meant which led to this situation.None of this would have happened if one of them spoke.If only one of them spoke.
 

____________________________
you  on the other side was biting her nail , to say that Minho made a pact with silence today and swore to make her feel like dying as if the cold wasn't taking care of this part already. She finally looked up to glance at Minho waiting for a response.
Maybe he didn't want to talk right now . Maybe he wasn't ready , just not yet .
Like a doll, I get dragged around but in front of you, my breath stops

________________________________

 

-Here take my jacket , you look like you're about to freeze. Choi said these words , finally breaking the silence and meeting your eyes , who were still glued at him even the glance turning to a stare.


you Took the jacket without a word , were she being rejected ? Darn it , even if it was she 'd careless , at this point , being just friend would be more than fine .


-Silly.You should have told me earlier.Much earlier.
-What ?
-This time you listen to me. When I said I liked you as well at that time I meant it , not as friends but it got a deeper meaning .Yes you , I fell for you 2 years ago.Don't ask me how it just happened . From that moment ,I promised to take care of you , you were so fragil in my eyes & not ready for any relationship that I just kept it inside. It hurted so badly , when you told me about dating the jerk . You weren't mine , I couldn't say anything , just congratulate you even if I didn't mean a single word of it and believe me when I say , I was the happiest man on earth when you broke up with him , I felt bad for feeling like that but I was glad. He didn't deserve you & you ,  you deserved much better. After you started ignoring me , I was ready to go  knock at your door the very next day but stopped myself , you might have needed space , but days turned to be a month and I had to see what was up. I was angry at you for not thinking about my feelings back in the apartment , I was angry at myself as well and still is. If only we were honest toward each other this mono-drama would never have happened.
-So , you're saying..
-That I love you you . From the bottom of my heart .

 

you 's POV

Told you boo.


You're eyes were filled with tears , you tried to hold them in but after Minho's confession you just wept like there is no tomorrow , which made the Choi panic then calm down when you assured him between two sobs that you were fine . You wanted to tell him the same thing so bad but these stupid tears & wave of emotion didn't let you , and just hugged the boy for dear life , hiding your face into his chest . 


Minho just let you do as you please , he , himself was crying without making a sound. You both hurt each other without meaning to do so, you were at the edge of letting go of your friendship and not make it turn to the beautiful thing that it was now . It was scary how a small mistake could flip things upset down.
After few minutes of weeping , you rose your head toward Minho , getting rid of the tears that were on Minho's eyes as soon a you've seen them.
-Choi Minho , I love you & I love you more than I love lemon cake.
-Which I presume is a lot ?
-Well , maybe ?
-you 
-Of course , you frog You answered heartedly , glad that you drew a smile on your now proud to name your boyfriend.
- Let's not keep secret from each other again.Promise ? Minho said with a serious tone
-I promise ~! You held your pinky out for Minho , earning you a forever judging you glare but he still locket it with yours flashing you his two hundred volt smile


It was nearly 3 AM . People were sleeping , the street was completly empty not a cat to be seen or heard the only thing which you could hear was the laughter and the hurried steps of a happy Couple.Racing to see who would arrive first at the apartments' door .


 Well what could you do about it when Choi Minho was your man . You knew that you guys weren't the perfect couple out there but Perfect equal boring , and a boring life wasn't something that any of you enjoyed ~.

_____________________________________

Ps: The sentence in Italics and bold are from SHINee's Symptom.

And Hey guys ~ It's been ages , I know but yeay ? As you may have noticed , I changed the writing style as I wanted to try something different hope you'll like it ?

Love ya ~