The Tongue-tied Casanova

What If.

 

 

 

Lee Min Ho as Joshua Blake Lee-Park

 

 

Color Coding:

Blue - Patrick

Teal - Lawrence

Green - Kervin

Maroon - Michael

Orange - Joshua

Salmon - Xandra

Violet - Tiffany

Lime - Gabriel

Other Colors - Minor characters

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5 – Tongue-tied Casanova

 

 

 

---

 

 

It’s still early, but Joshua is already up. He’s the most body conscious of them all. Every morning kasi ay lumalabas yan ng bahay para magjogging ng exactly 5:30am. It’s a Saturday, kaya kasama niya ang sisters niya na magjogging. Madalas nila yan ginagawa since last year. Actually every weekend. It’s more fun like that. They always stop by the park to do some stretches and rest a bit bago umuwi. It’s relaxing to just sit by the grass and watch as the day unfolds. Kakatapos lang nila magstretch at nakaupo sila ngayon under the shade of a tree.

 

 

**riiiiiiiiiiiiiing…

 

 

The sound of a classic phone’s ringing. Everyone, and I mean him and one of his sister, looked at his sister. She just gave them a peace sign and smiled wide. They both just shook their heads. She then picked up the call.

 

 

“Yeoboseyo?” she spoke. “Hm. We’re at the park.” She replied to whoever it is. “Hm. Aratta. We’ll wait here.” Sabi ulit nito at binaba na yung phone.

 

“Nuguya, eonnie?” si Tiffany.

 

“Hm? Ah. Si Dara. Punta daw siya dito. Sasabay daw siya sa atin pauwi sa bahay.” Sabi pa nito.

 

“Dara? Yung bestfriend mo? As in si Danielle Raven Choi na kapatid ni Thunder hyung? Yung nagpuntang Korea?” si Joshua.

 

“Hahaha. Anong klaseng reaction yan? OA much lang, ah.” Sagot ni Xandra.

 

“Andito na siya? Kailan pa?” si Tiffany.

 

“Last week.” Maikling sagot ni Xandra.

 

 

Napatango nalang ang dalawang magkapatid. No one knows what he really feels for her. Pwede na rin nating sabihin na magaling siya magtago ng emotions niya. Maya maya pa eh may lumapit sa kanilang babae. Maputi. Hindi masyadong katangkaran. Halata mong Koreana din siya. She was smiling that smile a guy like him can never forget. One that is so bright and full of innocence.

 

 

“Annyeong, Chingu!” sabi niya sabay kaway habang nakangiti ng pagkalaki-laki.

 

“Annyeong, Bessie.” Nakangiting saad nito.

 

“Annyeong, eonnie! Wow! You look great!” sabi ni Tiffany.

 

“Nambola ka pa. Kamsahamnida. Hehehe.” Sagot ni Dara.

 

“Pumapayat na pala ang mga baboy?” si Joshua.

 

She scowled at him. “Tingin mo sa sarili mo? Tss. Biik!” sigaw nito sa kanya.

 

“Hahaha. Wag mo nalang pansinin yang si oppa. Miss ka lang nyan.” Sagot ni Xandra sabay behlat sa kuya.

 

“Jin---! Aiiiish!” iritadong sagot nito.

 

“Hahaha. Ppali ga ja! You’ll have to make kwento to me pa.” sabi nito sa bestfriend at hinatak na ito paalis.

 

 

Masaya naman naglakad palayo ang magkaibigan. Kasunod nila si Tiffany at si Joshua. And all he can think is how much his first love changed into someone so beautiful in the outside, but stayed even more beautiful in the inside. Since that day, a smile always creeps up to his lips whenever he thinks about her.

 

---

 

 

It’s been two years since Dara came back. It’s been two years since he stopped seeing other girls. It’s been two years since he promised himself to refrain from his wicked ways. If it really is wicked of him to date girls that praise him like a God. Walking with her now inside the mall, he can’t help but feel proud of himself. Ang feelingero nga lang talaga niya. They’re not even on a date. Tinutulungan lang naman nila ang mga kapatid niya na bestfriend din ni Dara na mamili ng damit para sa Rence hyung niya.

 

 

“Nakakapag-evolve pala ang mga biik into turtles?” si Dara.

 

“Huh?” naguguluhang tanong ni Joshua sa dalaga.

 

“See? Slow mo na nga maglakad, slow mo pa mag-isip. True blue TURTLE lang talaga.” Pang-aasar ng dalaga ditto.

 

“Psh. Gutom na kasi ako. Matagal pa ba kayo?” iritableng sagot nito sabay walk-out.

 

 

Sa totoo lang, nag-iisip kasi siya kaya ang bagal niyang maglakad. Hindi niya kasing maiwasang magisip ng kung ano nanaman bang mga katarantaduhan ang nasabi niya kagabi nung nalasing siya sa condo ni Dara. Feeling niya kasi may nasabi nanaman siyang kung ano dito.

 

 

 

He is Joshua Blake Lee-Park. Panglima sa kanilang pitong magkakapatid. Taking up Civil Engineering sa school nila. He’s one of the most popular kids in campus. Hindi lang dahil sa good-looks na inborn na sa kanilang magkakapatid. Pero dahil din sa angking talento nito sa pamimick-up ng chicks. No one can resist the ‘Park Charm’ na tinatawag niya. Sumikat din siya sa Korea kasama ang mga Hyungs niya na sina Kervin at Michael. They did CFs here and there. He’s a snow boarder, an Archer, an expert Sharp-shooter and he’s very good with any ball. It’s easy for him to get any girl he wants. But he can’t get to have the one he likes best. Si Danielle Raven Choi na minahal niya una palang silang magkita. A spoiled brat who gets all that is best, and a charming gentleman who sways the hearts of the prettiest ladies, but a very tame puppy in front of the people he loves most.

 

 

“Hoy, Blake!” si Dara ulit.

 

“Aish! Don’t call me Blake! I’m not a dog!” sabi ni Joshua.

 

“Why?? Blake’s a nice name. And diba you went for Blake Lee noong pumapasok ka pa sa snowboard competitions abroad?” depensa naman ng dalaga sa sarili

 

“Yes! But, ever since Gabby named that stupid dog Blake, I started to hate it. So, QUIT IT.” Madiin naman na sabi nito sa dalaga.

 

“Aigoo! So pikon. Hahaha. Whatever you say, gae.” She laughingly retorted.

 

 

He just glared at her and she just laughed. But, no matter what she does, he just can’t afford to get mad nor angry at her. He just loves her too much. Nagtagal pa sila sa loob ng mall since marami pa silang pinag-gagagawa, courtesy of three little devils namely Xandra, Dara and Tiffany. After getting his hyung’s contact lenses and having him wear it, they immediately went back home. They dropped Dara off at her condominium first, that is. As soon as he got home, he hurriedly went up to his room. He immediately laid in his bed setting his car keys in the side table kahit hindi pa siya nakakapagbihis. He was already drifting in and out of sleep when his phone rang.

 

 

“Yeoboseyo?” he sleepily answered.

 

[ Can you come over? I’m really afraid… ] said the voice.

 

 

He was jolted awake by the fear that you can clearly hear in it. He stood up and took his car keys from his side table again. He didn’t even glance at his digital alarm clock to check the time. Because for him, what matters most is the person who just called him.

 

 

“I’ll be there in a bit. Just hang on.” He said.

 

[ Please hurry… ] she said again.

 

“I will.” He said.

 

 

By now, he’s already in his car and driving out of their car garage. Maybe you’re all wondering what’s happening. He can explain later. He has to rush the shizznitz to that person. He drove swiftly out into the streets and up to her place. Yes, it’s a her. He can’t stop wondering what’s bothering her now at napatawag siya ditto asking him to come. Her condo is just a  few blocks from their house, kaya mabilis niya itong narating. He quickly maneuvered into a parking space and got out, locking his car door and activating its alarm system in the process. The elevator took him a couple more minutes, but he soon arrived at her door. He went directly inside her apartment without any hesitations. He went to her room and found her curled up beside her bed.

 

 

“Dara…” he called her.

 

 

She immediately lifted her head and looked at him. She was crying, hiding her face in her folded knees while hugging her legs close to her. He knelt beside her and she immediately hugged him, burying her face in her face in his chest in the process. He hugged her back. She was crying in his chest now.

 

 

“Shhhh… I’m here. I’m here. Nothing’s going to happen. I promise.” he comforts her. She just keeps sobbing. “Shhhh…” he said again

 

“Don’t l-leave m-me, o-okay?” she whispered.

 

“ I won’t. Promise.” He  assured her and kissed her forehead.

 

 

She just kept on sobbing in his shirt. And, he just kept on comforting her. Maya maya pa naramdaman na niya siyang magrelax. He checked at nakita itong natutulog na. He lifted her into her bed and tucked her in. He slipped a strand of her hair that was in her face behind her ear. Hindi na niya alam kung anong gagawin niya sa babae. She stood up and went out of her room. He sat on her couch to think.

 

Marahil nagtatanong kayo kung bakit ganun si Dara. Do you really want to know why?

 

Two years ago, when she acquired her first condominium here in the Philippines, ay muntik na siyang nakidnap. It’s not this condo unit that they raided. It was a different one. Pinasok yung unit niya and took her. Buti nalang papunta si Joshua sa unit niya noon kasi may pinapaabot si Xandra and saktong dadaan siya sa condo ni Dara. He saw the guys taking her and was able to stop them. He was with some of his friends since they’ll drinking in the condo unit of one of them, so they managed to stop the 3 guys from kidnapping her. Nakakulong na sila ngayon. Still, she was traumatized of that experience. And, once in a while, Dara gets an attack of anxiety and conjures up these scenarios that makes her afraid. That’s when she calls him. Does anyone else know about this? No, even her brother, Thunder, who is Joshua’s Patrick hyung’s bestfriend, does not know about this. Not even his sister knows about it. Kaya sa kanya siya tumatawag. Ayaw na din niyang ipaalam sa kanila.

 

He decided to stay for the night in case she wakes up and have an anxiety attack again. He laid in the sofa and went to sleep.

 

 

---------

 

 

The next day he woke up with a blanket over him and sizzling sounds coming from the kitchen. He sat up and rubbed sleep off his eye. He looked around and found that’s it’s already morning. He stood up from the sofa and went to the bathroom. Naghugas siya ng mukha at nagmumog na din. Lumabas na siya ng banyo at dumiretso na sa kusina.

 

 

“Good morning.” Bati sa kanya ni Dara.

 

“Jouen Achim.” He greeted back.

 

“Scrambled or sunny side up?” she asked.

 

“Either. Ikaw na bahala.” He answered.

 

 

Dara just nodded and decided just to make him a sunny side up like he always do. Medyo antok pa kasi si Joshua at papikit pikit pa. Pinatong niya yung ulo niya sa kamay niya habang nakapatong sa lamesa yung siko niya. Maya maya pa natapos na din gumawa ng breakfast si Dara at nilapag na niya yung plates sa lamesa sa harap niya. She also made him coffee at nilagay niya yun sa harap ni Joshua. Kumain na sila.

 

 

“Uhm…” si Dara.

 

“Hm?” wala sa sariling sagot ni Joshua.

 

“Gomawo…” sabi nito.

 

“For what?” said him bago siya sumubo ng egg.

 

“Kasi you’re always on hand. Pag tumatawag ako andyan ka agad.” Sabi nito.

 

“Oh… No problem.” He smiled.

 

“You really are such a good friend kahit napaka-tarantado mo.” Natatawang sabi nito.

 

Nawala ang smile sa mukha ni Joshua when he heard her say “FRIEND”. Naiinis siya. Kasi hindi lang friendship ang gusto niya. Ang manhid pa nitong babae sa harap niya. Manhid ba talaga? O wala lang talagang makita? He doesn’t like hearing her say that. It hurts him. Napansin naman ni Dara na nakasimangot na ito.

 

 

“Wae gurae? Bakit? Hindi ba masarap?” nag-aalalang tanong nito.

 

“Ani. Joahyo.” Sabi nito.

 

‘Aw. Nagkokorean. Masama to…’ isip ni Dara.

 

 

Joshua has the habit of speaking Korean when he’s agitated, mad, angry or pissed. Hindi naman alam ni Dara kung may nagawa siyang mali, may nasabi siyang masama, o kung hindi niya nagustuhan yung niluto nito. She’s trying to figure it out and she feels really uneasy. She keeps shooting him uneasy glances for quite a while before she summoned the courage to finally speak.

 

 

“Sigurado ka bang walang problema?” tanong nito.

 

“Mm. Wae?” monotonous na tanong nito.

 

“Nagkokoreano ka kasi.” Malungkot na sagot nito.

 

“What’s wrong with it? I’m Korean. Can’t I use my mother tongue to speak? And, for all I know, we both are Koreans here.” Halata mo na inis siya sa tono niya.

 

“And, for all I know, nagkokorean ka lang pag galit ka o naiinis ka.” Depensa nito sa malungkot na boses.

 

“Naega wae?” sabi nito.

 

“Ewan ko. Hindi ko alam.” Sagot naman ng dalaga.

 

“Then, just eat.” Said him in a flat tone.

 

“Ano ba talagang problema? Hindi ka naman ganyan kung hindi ka galit o naiinis. Ano ba talaga kinakagalit o kinaiinis mo?” naiirita nang tanong ni Dara kay Joshua.

 

“Gusto mo ba talaga malaman?” said him.

 

 

Dara glanced up at him and saw him glaring at her with a brow so high up in his forehead that aakalain mong magtatago na yun sa hairline niya. She sighed.

 

 

“Ano?” sagot nito.

 

“Manhid ka ba talaga?”  tanong nito sa kanya.

 

“Mwo?? MWORAGGO!??” naiiritang sagot nito.

 

“Manhid ka ba talaga? O talagang tanga ka lang?” tanong ulit nito.

 

“Ano bang sinasabi mo?” naiirita na si Dara.

 

“Wala ka yatang pakiramdam, eh.” Cool lang na sabi nito.

 

 

Dara abruptly stood up, pounding her fist on the table. She was staring daggers on his direction. He just laughed and chortled at her reaction shaking his head in the process.

 

 

“Why? Did I hit a nerve?” he was still chuckling.

 

“MWO???!” pulang pula na ito. “Diretsahin mo na nga ako! Ano ba talaga problema mo?” pagtutuloy nito trying to restrain herself.

 

 

He too stood up from his chair and laid his fist on the table. He leaned close to her until they can see eye to eye. He stared at her eyes, his own anger visible in his eyes. And, Dara was not able to miss it. He too, can see anger in hers. But, it was nothing compared to his. Dara knows that. Because it’s not just anger that's fueling him that Dara can see. She can also detect hurt, desperation and humiliation in them.

 

 

“Kasi tanga ka. Kasi manhid ka. Kasi hindi mo makita kung bakit ko ginagawa talaga ang lahat ng ‘to for you.” He said in a cool tone devoid of all emotions.

 

“Ano ba talaga pinupunto mo? I never asked you to do this? Pwede ka namang tumanggi, eh. Pwede ka naman humindi. Ano kinakagalit mo dyan?” sobrang naiinis na din si Dara.

 

“Kasi hindi ka marunong makiramdam!” same tone.

 

“Why are you doing all these?” her eyes are on slits.

 

“Hindi mo parin alam?” nanggagalaiti na niyang tanong.

 

“Hindi! Kaya nga ako nagtatanong diba?? Bakit nga? Bakit mo ginagawa lahat ng ‘to kung aya---“ naputol na pagrarant ni Dara.

 

“BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!! GOD DAMN IT!!” sigaw nito sa kanya. He wasn't able able to restrain himself a second longer.

 

 

 

 

 to be continued...

 

 

 

 

 


Translations:

Yeoboseyo - Hello [ on the phone ]

Arata - Got it

Nuguya - Who is it?

Eonnie - Older Sister [ girls ]

Oppa - Older Brother [ girls ]

Hyung -  Older Brother [ boys ] 

Annyeong - Hello

Chingu - Friend

Ppali Ga Ja - Let's go quickly

Aish / Aigoo - an expression

Gae - Dog

Joun Achim - Good morning

Gomawo -  Thank you

Wae gurae - What's wrong

Ani - No

Joahyo - It's good 

Wae - why

Naega wae - Why should I

Mwo - What

Mworaggo - What did you say

 

 

A/N :  Sorry for the wait. Hehehe. Here's another update. Please leave a comment. Don't forget. Thanks for reading. God Bless! Ü

© Chine. ♥