Same old, same old

By the Book

 

"Here! Over here!" 
 
"I'm open!"
 
"Come on! Come on!"
 
"YEAH!"
 
Daehyun stopped running in the middle of the field. He bent down, hands on his knees as he gasped for air. Sweat trickled down his forehead, down to his neck. Standing upright, he wiped off the sweat.
 
"Aww, come on! You guys always win," Youngjae whined as he pouted a little.
 
"You can't deny us of our awesome skills!" Zelo sung as he danced a little victory dance.
 
B.A.P was having their usual soccer game. When they have got some free time, they would play a game of soccer or two. Since they have even number of players, it would be three versus three, with their usual groups. Zelo, Jongup and Daehyun on one group, while Youngjae, Himchan and Yongguk on the other.
 
"Good game," Daehyun congratulated as he slapped Youngjae's back.
 
"Yeah, it's a good game for you. Your team have been winning since as long as I can remember!" Youngjae complained, "I don't care! We're switching members!"
 
"Hey!" Yongguk and Himchan protested in unison.
 
Daehyun chuckled as he swung his arm over Youngjae's shoulders, "Relax, bro. It's just a game. Let's have some ice-cream and waffles like we normally do."
 
Youngjae's face immediately perked up at the sound of that. He grinned all the way as the others packed up their stuff and left for the shop.
 
Reaching the shop in no less than ten minutes, they found themselves a table and sat down, making themselves comfortable.
 
The walls of the shop were painted light blue, able to make the customers feel a soothing sensation just by looking at it. The tables and chairs were of white colour, and on each table, there were each a lamp. The counter was long, with several staff working behind it. A lady, wearing the shop-desgined cap, was behind the cash register, taking orders from the customers with a cheerful smile. Beside her was this huge glass case that was built attached to the counter. It had contained some of the delicious looking pastries.
 
"So... Whose turn is it now?" Yongguk asked.
 
Every one of them shrugged. None of them had remembered whose turn was it to order.
 
"Okay, so it's Zelo," Yongguk smiled at Zelo.
 
Zelo immediately quarrelled, "Why me?!"
 
"Because you're the youngest, duh," Himchan stated the obvious.
 
"Yeah but still-"
 
"Just go. We're all hungry and I'm pretty sure all of us want the usual," Jongup commented.
 
Zelo grumbled under his breath and gave in, "Fine, but you guys are helping me with my homework!"
 
Everyone nodded, quickly sending Zelo to go and order. Daehyun let his head fall into his hands as his arms supported him off the table. He scanned around, taking in what was around him. A couple acting all lovey-dovey at a corner. This familiar looking guy who Daehyun always saw when he came here to eat. A family of four sharing a supreme-sized banana split.
 
Nothing much different from all of the other times he had came.
 
Zelo came back with a tray with cutleries, tissues, their order tag and Himchan's piece of oreo cheesecake. He set down the tray and gave out the oreo cheesecake to Himchan, then he distributed the cutleries to all of them.
 
Himchan immediately started digging in his oreo cheesecake while the rest had to wait paitently for their orders.
 
The group then broke into a conversation about the usual - sports, girls and a little of studies.
 
Daehyun sat there, giving his thought into the conversation every now and then but was not in to it. He wondered if his friends felt like how he was feeling now - plain bored. It was not that he was sick of his friends or whatsoever. It was just that they always did the same thing. School, play soccer, go to this pastry shop and then, home.
 
It has always been this sequence for quite awhile and Daehyun was feeling blasé. Hearing his friends laugh and talk, he cut a piece from his waffle, which their orders had been served just now. He stuffed the piece into his mouth and munched, hoping that his life would somehow lighten up.
 
*
 
Daehyun walked over to the group that was currently sitting under the tree in the school park. They were resting and just chilling out under the shady tree. It was currently after school and the group decided to hang out in the school park for awhile, which was not something new.
 
The group was not of the same age. Yongguk and Himchan were the oldest, age 22. Next in line was Daehyun himself at the age of 19. The rest were differed by a year. Youngjae's 18, Jongup's 17 and last but not least, Zelo was 16.
 
Since they were all of different age, they did not have classes together except for Yongguk and Himchan.
 
Despite their huge age difference and all, they went to the same school, NamJang High. This school was a joint school which means that it was Secondary school, college and university combined. The students in this school did not have to take national exams because they could just go straight to the college and university which were under NamJang High. Also, with this, NamJang was a gigantic and also an elite school.
 
To get into the school, you either need to have the brains or the money.
 
Zelo was under the secondary section. Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup were under the college section while the remaining two were in the university section.
 
"Yo, Daehyun!" Youngjae greeted.
 
"What's up?" Daehyun smiled cheerfully.
 
"Eh, nothing much. Just chilling and stuff," Jongup laid back on the tree stump.
 
"Do you guys ever feel bored?" Daehyun asked as one of his eyebrow cocked upwards.
 
Zelo had a thinking face on and agreed, "Now you mention about it, yeah, I kind of do."
 
"I kinda agree. We always do the same thing," Yongguk nodded.
 
"Let's do something ne-" Daehyun chirped but was interrupted with a girl's voice.
 
"Hello!" a girl with jet-black hair with red highlights in them came over.
 
"Oh, hi Minhee," Himchan waved a little while the rest just nod to acknowledge her.
 
Behind the girl was another girl with dark brown hair that reached her neck. The two of them sat down with B.A.P.
 
"So.. What'cha doing?" Minhee asked with a big smile plastered on her face.
 
"Thinking of something fun," replied Youngjae.
 
"Maybe we can help you!" the other girl, Dahae, said.
 
Himchan raised his eyebrow and the rest looked slightly interested in her ideas. Dahae started looking around and see if there was anything interesting that could possibly give her any ideas or some sort. Just then, a certain auburn-coloured hair girl was in sight.
 
Miyoung was carrying her journal and file filled with homework. She was walking in the hallways, which was visible from the park. Then, a guy who was slightly taller than her approached Miyoung. He was not bad looking and had this nervous look on his face. He handed Miyoung a card, which was probably a love letter. Miyoung smiled at the blushing boy and took the card. Before she could say anything, the boy dashed away. She looked over to where the boy had run off to and placed the letter in her file. Without anymore distractions, she left.
 
Dahae smiled as she suggested, "Why not we have a bet?"
 
Now, everyone was listening intently to what she had to say.
 
"Daehyun," Dahae pointed to him, "Since you're the one who probably feels the most bored among all of them, this bet is for you."
 
"Go on," Daehyun broke into a smile, eager to know what bet she got.
 
"Find one juicy secret about Miyoung."
 

 

Wow, I updated real quick this time. :O Just to let you know, I seldom do this. ^^;; Anyway, enjoy this chapter! 

x

--peanutbutter