Suspicious

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

Today was the last game of Cube-ASC.

The scores?

Red Team: 6

Blue Team: 6

The teams were tied. This one game will decide everything.

The game of soccer.

You and Junhyung were battling on your team. Doojoon and Yoseob on the other.

Kikwang and Miyoung were holding hands. When you asked about it, Miyoung told you they were finally going out. Kikwang looked really happy. I was happy for them, too.

Hyunseung cast me a worried glance, which I shook off. I knew I looked horrible. This one match will decide everything between the school, me, and Doojoon.

"You okay? You look sick." Junhyung said, sounding worried. I gave him a shaky smile. I've never felt so nervous in my life. "I just hope my relationship with Doojoon doesn't end because of this."

"I hope mine doesn't too." Junhyung joked, and that brought out a laugh from you.

"Will you ever forgive him, Junhyung?" You asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I may, but I'll never forgive him for confessing to Heran and destroying my love life."

You could feel Doojoon's eyes burning on the back of your head. You could just imagine what the team was like behind you -- Hyunseung glancing at everyone nervously, Yoseob hiding behind Doojoon because he's scared of being anywhere near Eunha.........but you didn't turn around to look.

Suddenly, you heard a clear, high, sweet voice. "~~~~~~~~-ah!"

"Heran!" You yelled in delight, and Heran bounced over from the crowds of people heading to the soccer field. Several admiring eyes followed her.

"~~~~~-ah! I......." Her bright smile faded when she saw Junhyung standing next to you. His face lost all colour, his eyes bugged out, his jaw dropped. He stopped walking, as did both teams.

"H-H-Heran......." He mumbled.

"Hello.......opppa." Heran whispered.

You looked over. Hyunseung looked mortified, Yoseob curious, Eunha not even reacting. Doojoon however, looked like a stone. His face was as pale as Junhyung's, and there was a strange expression on his face. Was he angry that she was here? Was he afraid that she would fall in love with Junhyung?

His gaze flickered over to you, and you didn't turn away in time. For the first time in over a month, your eyes connected with his. You bit your lip and looked away.

"I.....I.....I just want to talk to ~~~~~~-ah for a second." Heran whispered.

Junhyung opened his mouth and closed it several times.

"Alrigtht.........just a second. You guys go without me." You muttered, walking away with Heran.

You turned over to see Kikwang put a hand on Junhyung's back and gently push him to start walking. Doojoon stared at you for a long time before walking as well. Or was he staring at Heran?

"I..............I feel so awful." Heran whispered, tears in her eyes.

"Don't say that, Heran!"

"It's all my fault though!" Heran whimpered. "It's all my fault they hate each other.........I should never have fallen in love with Doojoon! I should never have confessed to him!"

"It's okay, Heran. It's not your fault." Your eyes clouded over. "Trust me, I understand Doojoon's capabilities."

"Thank you, ~~~~~~~~-ah. Good luck!" Heran sniffed, beaming at you.

You grinned and waved. "Later, Heran."

She turned around and started to walk away. Suddenly, something weird struck you. You were suspicious.

Flashbacks appeared before your eyes..............

 

Hyunseung, when he was retelling that memory the way HE saw it......

 

"I'm so sorry, oppa. He....he confessed to me." 

 

...........how could she agree to Doojoon's confession just like that? 

 

 

When Heran was talking to you when you first met................

 

"So..............I ended up confessing to him....."

 

"Wait a minute, Heran!" You yelled.

She stopped and turned around, confused.

You stared at her, suspicion in your eyes. "Whenever I talked to anyone else, they always said Doojoon confessed to you first...........yet whenever you mention it, you always say YOU confessed to him. Why is that?"

Heran paused. Then she giggled. The sound was carefree and relaxed and indifferent...........yet you could hear the nervous hysteria in it.

"I-I must be confused. Yes that's right......Doojoon oppa confessed to ME. I'm sorry, it's been so long ago, I've forgotten the details."

She gave you a sweet smile, but you didn't smile back this time. You folded your arms and gave her another suspicious glance. "I didn't think you would forget a memory as important as that."

Heran glanced at you, a mixture of fright and incredulity in her face.

"I'm beginning to think Hyunseung's right, Heran. I'm beginning to think............you're not telling the truth."

You turned around. "I hope I'm wrong. I hope you were telling the truth all along. Or you might just get your kicked."

You walked to the soccer fields, leaving a shocked and incredulous Heran behind.