My Brother

美しいBeautiful

 


 


 

 

 

Hi everyone. Im Kim Eunkyung, 15 years old studying at Kyunghee University. I have a brother named Kim Myungsoo. He's 20 years old. He has been my bestfriend since birth. He's handsome....hmm no, Beautiful! Beautiful because he's too perfect that handsome isn't enough to describe him. Honestly, we don't look alike so people would think that we are lovers because we are so close to each other. Sometimes, we would use that fact as a weapon. We would act lovers in school so that no one would court me. I don't need a boyfriend. I have my dad and my brother already. He doesn't have a girlfriend as well. I don't know why. He had many admirers at school. All the girls in our campus know him and he is referred to be the school hearthrob. He was the one who suggested that plan. I agreed to it since it's the best thing we could do. 


We transfered to a new house, 2 months ago. It was quiet antique, but i loved it. The place is so quiet and peaceful. All I could hear were the birds tweeting, the strong wind and the sound of the trees, talking to each other.
I loved my room so much that I dont want to sleep on it and ruin the bed sheet. It was all pink and pink is my favorite. I've decided to sleep beside my brother. Actually, he doesn't mind. We don't feel "awkward" when sleeping beside each other cause we love each other. He would hug me every night for me to be able to sleep. 

---

 


It was his first day of driving lessons and my first day in my new school. My parents bought him a red sports car as a birthday gift. He promised me that day that he'll fetch me everyday at school. I was so happy because it has been my wish to ride beside the driver's seat and ride together with him way back home.

 

I stepped inside my new school's gate. Everyone was so busy. They all knew each other and that made me feel left out. Soon, i met new feiends who has the same interest with me, and it's Kpop. Kpop brought us together. In less than a day, I could say the they are my best friends. All of them were so kind to me, and it feels like we have known each other years ago. 


We were having our lunch at the canteen when my phone started ringing. I picked up my phone and saw that it was my mom calling me. I answered it. Suddenly, my tears started to fall from both of my eyes, flowed down through my cheeks. I grabbed my bag, left my friends at the canteen and ran really fast towards the school gate. My tears won't stop falling. My handkerchief is now drenched with tears. Soon, my parents fetched me. 


We arrived at the hospital and i saw my beautiful brother lying down a stretcher, helpless and full of blood. He met a car accident. He was on his way to my school to surprise me. His speed wasn't that fast. He saw an upcoming truck. The driver of the truck was drunk and it's driving went "zig zag". My brother Myungsoo tried hit the break, but unfortunately the break of his car won't function. Soon, the truck is now closer. He doesn't have any choice left. He closed his eyes ....


My mom told me that my brother kept on mentioning my name when he was laid inside the ambulance. I went inside the room directly and held his hand tightly. "Oppa, im here now. Please, don't leave me. Oppa, oppa, I love you so much. Please wake up. I don't know what to do when you're gone. Oppa!" I shook his body really hard. I hugged him and leaned closer to his chest, his heart was beating slowly. The doctor and some nurses came in rushing. The other nurse pulled my arm and lead me outside and instructed me to wait outside. All i could do is peep through the window glass. I could see them connecting some tubes and stuffs. My brother looked really helpless, i pity him. I wish he wouldn't give up. I could see the doctor looking up at the clock and the nurse wrote something on a piece of paper. He had given up. My brother myungsoo is dead already. He's gone and it made me cry like forever.


For the first time of my life, i slept in my own room. I couldn't sleep at his room because it'll just make me feel more depressed. I want to erase everything. I always get hurt whenever i pass through his room. 


It was 2:30 am. A cold wind woke me up. I looked around my room and stuck my attention in my window. I saw something... i mean, someone. It was my brother. He was smiling at me. I dont know if i should be happy cause he's here or scared because he's dead and he's here again. I blinked my eyes several times and he was gone. I covered my whole body with a thick blanket. I saw my brother sleeping beside me. He was cold and pale. I cried really hard but i could feel his cold arms around me tightly. I hugged him back as tight. He my hair and mumbled. "Eunkyung~ah, oppa is here. Don"t be upset. Im always here. Whenever you're sad or you need someone to talk to, just look up. Im just wandering in the clouds. He spoke softly through my ears. I hugged him tighter as ever. I could hear him saying, "I love you" through my ears. 
"Oppa, i love you too." i mumbled. I could feel something cold brushing through my lips, then he disappeared. I thought of it once again and noticed that he actually kissed my lips. Then i thought, i think im the reason that he didn't have a girlfriend. My beautiful brother myungsoo loved me ever since and didn't have the guts to confess. And, we can't be together since he's my brother and that's the worst feeling ever. "Myungsoo oppa, may you rest in peace."

 

 



A/N: So, how was it o u o