Appa?

My Choice (Sequel to Little Voice; Big World)
I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t think straight. My entire mind is fill about my dad being alive. I sit on grainy sand watching the waves hit up against the shore and the sun rising slowly.
A wet nose comes in contact with my leg. It’s Halabeoji dog, Bom.

“Hey what are you doing here?” I ask petting its head.
“BOM!” shout Halabeoji.

Bom didn’t listen to his master but lay next to me wanting a belly rub. I smile and rub his belly. Halabeoji walks up to me and stares down at me. I stop rubbing Bom’s tummy.
He snaps and walks away with Bom. I watch their figures until they were out of sight.

He hates me because I’m the daughter of his ungrateful son who is apparently is not dead.

I rest my chin on knees and stare at the scenery.

>>>

“Where were you?” ask Halmeoni worriedly as I enter the front door.
“Halabeoji..” I murmur.
“What about him?” she ask caressing my shoulder.
“He hates me doesn’t he?” I whisper as a tear slide down my face.
“Abigail don’t say that.” Halmeoni wraps her arms around me.
“Because I’m the daughter of his ungrateful son!” I cry.

Halmeoni stand there with me until I was done crying. I never thought I’ll meet more of my family and feel love by them.

>>>

“Hey we should visit a traditional Korean hanok.” GO suggest.
“Yeah! Abby has never been to one.” Cheon Dong agreeing with GO.
“Cool let’s go.” I smile.

We pile into the van and head off with our managers.

“Wow so this is what it is.” I said tilting my head to the side.
“You don’t tilt you’re head silly.” laugh Seung Ho straightening it back for me.

I grin. We walk in and bow to the owner.

“Thank you for having us over.” said MBLAQ’s manager.
“Everyone is welcome here.” The owner grins.

He smiles at everyone until our eyes met. I bow again and trail behind Joon. We sit down and the owner serves tea.

“Who create this hanok? It’s different from many I seen before.” ask MBLAQ’s manager.
“I did. I know it is different since I wanted it to be design like a small perfect family of three living here.” The owner reply.

I drink my tea quietly. I happen to notice him staring at me a lot.
“Where is the rest of your family?” ask Seung Ho politely.
“My wife passed away awhile ago from giving birth to my daughter. My daughter is somewhere out there. I have never seen her in person yet but I would love too.” He smiles.
“We’re sorry for you loss.” They murmur bowing.
“No no its fine! Now you said you guys were MBLAQ right?” he ask.

Seung Ho nods. I stare at my tea.  His wife passed away while giving birth to his daughter…

“How is Rain?”
“He is good. You know him?” ask GO.
“Yes he is my younger brother.”

I drop my tea and stare at him.

“Ah I will go towels.” He said getting up.
“Abby what’s wrong?” ask Cheon Dong beside me.

I didn’t say anything. I’m shock to find my “father” here. “Father” came back with the towels and wipe up the table also where it spill on me. I shove his hand away.

“Don’t touch me.” I murmur.
“But the tea spill on you. I couldn’t let you sit there like that.” He said in a fatherly tone.
“Why are you acting like that?! How come you couldn’t act like that before leaving Umma and I!” I exclaim.

He looks at me and lifts up the side of his shirt revealing a birthmark. I check my side and notice it was the exact same birthmark. The guys gasp.

“We’ll let you two have a moment.” said Kim leading the rest out.  
“Gamsahabnida.” they said bowing and leaving me alone with him.
“Are you really my Abigail?” he asks.
“I’m not yours.” I mutter.
“I’m you’re Appa.” He said.

I back away from him.

“Why are you acting like this?” He frowns.
“Aha! Did you just ask me that question!? I have every right to act like you’re a stranger to me! I thought you were dead the whole time since I was in the orphanages! Why didn’t you come back to get me besides drinking like a pig huh?”

He didn’t say a word.

“That’s right you don’t have anything to say! If you claim me as yours then you had to be there with Umma as she gave birth to me. You had to be there if on my birthdays! You had to be there when I fall down to pick me up and try again or hurt myself and tell me its okay. But no, you were never there. You may be my real Appa by blood, but I will never treat you like one nor consider you as one.”

I wipe my tears away and left the hanok. I pull out my phone and call Rain.

Rain: Yes?
Abby: I wanna go home. Now.
Rain: ....okay.