Food, Flirting, and Memories Part I

Falling In Love with You

I remember the first time we ate here. It was back when we first started this relationship.

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

"Can't we eat somewhere more lively?" Seungri asked as we walked down the road to the small family restaurant that I would normally be eating at alone. Seungri had been BEGGING me to go out on a date with him and even talked to both our managers to give us the same day off and now here we were.

I spun on my heels and looked up at him.

"You wanted to go on a date and you agreed to go where ever I wanted to go." I snapped at him. "I want to eat here and then go back home." I entered to restaurant and he followed. We waited for them to seat us.

"Ah, Pep, it's been a while." said a girl as she walked over to us.

"Yeah," I said, "I've been busy." She looked up at Seungri and cocked her eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes and she took us to a table in the back hidden from other people. It was a dark little two sitter table that sat it the corner of the restaurant. The flower decorations in the table, in the black glass vase, were a baby blue and baby pink. Seungri speed up to pull out my seat for me and I rolled my eyes before sitting down.

"I'm Minjee, you waitress for the evening." the girl that walked us back here said, handing us our menus. "What can I get you to drink?"

"Baesuk." I replied. (A/N:Baesuk is a Korean traditional fruit punch made with bae [Korean pear], black peppercorns, ginger, honey or sugar, and water.)

"Apple water." Seungri said.

"Okay." she said and walked off to get them. I opened up the menu and looked to see what the special was today: Kimchi bokkeumbap (kimchi fried rice), mandus (dumplings), dak bulgogi(thinly sliced or shredded beef [this kind being chicken] marinated in soy sauce, seasame oil, garlic, sugar, green onions and black pepper and cooked on a grill sometimes at the table), and sannakji (raw fish dish; small octopus that has been cut into small pieces and served immediately, usually seasoned with seasame and sesame oil). There were several other dishes but those, they were my favorite.

"That sounds good." I said out loud, forgetting that Seungri, who was watching me, was with me.

"What are you getting?" Seungri asked pulling me out of my daydream of trying to catch the squirming sannakji.

"I'm thinking about getting the special but I won't be able to finish it by myself." I said. Minjee came over with our drinks and looked at us.

"So, do you know what yo want?" she asked a polite smile on her face.

"We'll have todays special." Seungri said and I shot him a look that I'd stab him if he said one more thing. Minjee nodded and left before I could say anything.

"OW!" Seungri said in a low voice as I stomped on his foot under the table. "What?"

"I may have changed my mind, you know." I snapped at him. I may not want eat the sannakji." I said. Seungri looked at me and smiled.

"What?" he said, "You can't pick up the squirming piece of octopus?" My face went red and he chuckled as he knew he was right. "I'll feed you then."

"I'll pass." I said coldly taking a sip from my drink. Seungri looked at me and I started to get angry at his constant staring.

"Stop that!" I finally snapped at him.

"What?" he asked.

"Staring at me." I said, "I feel uncomfortable and I don't like it."

"Then you have chosen the wrong profession if your uncomfortable being stared at." Seungri said not looking away from me.

"I have no problem with others staring at me." I said, "But a man- like you only looks at women as if they were a meal."

"If that was true," Seungri stated, "don't you think I would have eaten you by now." Before I could snap back at him our food came out and I shut my mouth as our plates where placed in front of us. We started to eat.

"Here." Seungri said after a long silence. I looked up to see him holding out a piece of the squirming sannakji. My eyes lit up and I ate it happily smiling at him.

"Thank you." I said. We didn't move.

"Seungri," I said, "are you alright?" He looked at me and cleared his throat.

"I'm fine." he said picking up another piece and bringing it to me. I ate it happily, giggling as it squirmed around in my mouth before eating it. We started to talk about our favorite things and life in general, like movies, sports, musical inspirations and who we'd like to meet before we died. I never thought I'd have so much fun with this man-who- Seungri, but I did.

*END FLASHBACK

 

 

"Seungri-oppa," Kayla, another one of the waitresses, said, "the usual place." He nodded and we walked to our seat. I wasn't really fond of her, as she was always giving Seungri those bedroom eyes and, as his girlfriend, even if it's only for the next eight months, I still got jealous. "Same drinks as always, too."

"Yes," Seungri said. "And what's today's special?"

"What you normally ordered." Kayla replied a little more flirty then normal. She placed her hand on his arm and I looked down as she and Seungri started to talk about the meal. Unnoticed by me that Seungri had removed her hand from his arm. Suddenly, Seungri grabbed my hand and brought it above the table, kissing the back of it lightly.

"Anything else?" Kayla said a little harsh.

"We're good with that," Seungri said, "right, jagi?" I nodded and looked at my chopsticks.

On our third date here, which we made it a habit to eat here at least once or twice a week, Seungri had made a move to sit beside me. I pushed and punched at him, not enough to hurt but just enough to get him to move away some.

I smiled to myself as I remembered that day.

*FLASHBACK*

"I DON'T WANT TO SIT NEXT TO YOU!" I hissed at him loudly. "GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TABLE! I DON'T WANT TO SMELL YOUR NASTINESS!" Most of my anger at this point was from the way Seungri watched Kayla walk away. Yes, she was nice to look at, but DON'T YOUR ING LIPS AS SHE WALKS AWAY WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND BESIDE YOU!

"My nastiness..." he said looking at me hurt, "But I bathed just for you before I picked you up." He had no idea what nastiness I was talking about.

"Well, you didn't bathe good enough." I said. Seungri was quiet for a while. "I don't like you looking at her like she's a piece of meat. We ARE dating." Seungri quickly made his way back to my side and slid his arm around my waist.

"Are you jealous?" he muttered into my ear.

"You wish." I said looking down so my hair hide my slightly reddening face. "I'm simply pointing out a face. Girlfriend's don't like it when other people openly flirt with there lovers while with them and even more when they are away from them. It's upsetting. Yes, it's nice to now that other people want what you have but that doesn't mean that we want to see it."

"I'm sorry." Seungri said grabbing my face. "Do you forgive me?" I nodded and he placed a kiss on the forehead as the door opened and Kayla walked in with our food.

"You are to cute." he said as my face got red.

"Let go." I snapped softly.

"Why?" Seungri said kissing down to the tip of my nose. I blushed and looked down. "You are too cute." he muttered before placing a feather light kiss on my lips and letting me go. I looked down at my hands and took his before he could move to the other side of the table.

"Sit beside me." I said in the smallest voice I'd ever spoken to him in. He looked at me and I slowly rose my eyes up to his. He smiled and nodded, before wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Anything you want, jagi."

*END FLASHBACK*

 

 

"What are you thinking about, Miss. Smiley Face?" Seungri said.

"Our first kiss." I said without thinking. Seungri chuckled and brought some sannakji up to my lips, which I ate happily. I brought some food up to his mouth and he ate it with a dorky smile on his face.

"I want some ice cream." I said as we left the restaurant. Seungri intertwined his fingers with mine and we started to our second place of memories.

 

A.N: Sorry for the shortness and all the FAILURES that lives within this chapter. Please, don't hate me.